Tenet - A Christoper Nolan Film

I think the last movie I saw in theaters was Birds of Prey right before shutdown happened, even then I was already feeling gross sitting in a half empty theater.

If Tenet does get released this year I hope a drive in option is available, otherwise I’ll bite the VOD.

I'd prefer to see this in theaters strictly for the audio/sound, but at some point I think they'll cave and release VOD.

Even though it used to be one of my favorite things to do, I now have no desire to go back to a movie theater, I’ll just wait til it’s available to watch from home.

Doubt they release this in VOD. They'll lose too much money. They can wait 3 years and peeps will still watch it in theaters. Nolan is one the few directors with that much pull :pimp:

1593627580428.jpeg

1593627594342.jpeg

Def not surprised to see the delay but doesn't mean I'm still not bummed about it. There should be plenty of other movies getting the VOD treatment later this year though. As it's looking I could see theaters not opening until this fall or even later and at reduced capacity for sometime.

$205m budget before marketing (which is probably another $100m) so releasing it for $20 on vod isnt gon’ work

Delay indefinitely
release date when a vaccine is actually out.

Just put it on a 2021 slate already.

This shouldn't even be news really. WB seem like the only studio trying to play this game where their movies gonna release first while a pandemic is going on, its a great strategy but they aren't really in control of when this ends. If it does end and a vaccine is found, just move the date up.

Back
Top Bottom