Terrell Owens just released by the Dallas Cowboys!!! BREAKING NEWS

if owens plays for the saints
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
GOOD LUCK TRYING TO STOP THAT OFFENSE...but payton is a parcells disciple so not likely and owens would ruin that squad too

Greg Ellis: 'I think it takes more than one person to make it a bad locker room'

3:48 PM Thu, Mar 05, 2009 | Permalink | Buzz up! Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

Jerry Jones apparently didn't seek Greg Ellis' advice before releasing T.O. Ellis, whose status for next season is still up in the air, said on SiriusNFL Radio that he was disappointed in the move.

"Do I think it was a good move? I don't think it was a good move," Ellis said. "Yeah, to me, I'm disappointed in it. When I see T.O. -and you've got to watch people, not necessarily what they say but watch their actions. And, I mean, to me, when I seen T.O. that day, that football game inDallas, on our sideline, Patrick Crayton got the ball and T.O. comes out of nowhere and throws a block. That guy wants to play football. That guy cares andwants to win football games. When things aren't going his way and the ball isn't coming his way and all that kind of stuff, to me he was just saying,'Man, I want to get more balls.' And I heard him say, 'When I get my numbers, when I get the numbers, we win football games.' And that wastrue."

Ellis doesn't buy the theory that the Cowboys can solve their chemistry issues by getting rid of one guy. (In fairness to Jerry, he took big steps bycutting Pacman Jones and letting Tank Johnson go, too.)

"I think it takes more than one person to make it a bad locker room, if you will," Ellis said. "And I say that because you've got to realizeyou're dealing with the NFL. You're not dealing with weak-hearted men. You're dealing with men that are used to coaches in their face cursing themout, saying a lot of bad things to them, a lot of language that you can't say on the radio. So you're used to that type of thing so I just don'tbuy into that any football player can verbally or really physically say one thing or do one thing to another football player to divide that football team. Ijust haven't bought into it when people were saying it when he was on this team, hadn't bought into it when he was on other teams saying that kind ofstuff.

"I would say this about T.O. T.O. is the type of person who is going to say what's on his mind and if you really pay attention to it he's tellingthe truth. When you really break it down and analyze it he's telling the truth.

"Now when you look at him saying, 'I want to get the ball more,' to me I'm looking at it like he's like, 'I want to do more to helpthis team win.' I had a limited role this year myself so I definitely can relate to it. It's like, 'Man, I really feel like I know I can do more tohelp us win if given the opportunity to.' So he had a lot of frustrating times this year."

Originally Posted by N3FF 3000

Originally Posted by dreClark

Don't get mad at me because of your error, +#* clown.
Awwwwwww, him got sand in him vagina now.

Be a big boy and clean it out.

You're a big boy right?

Yes you are! Yes you are!

smile.gif
You got mad at me because of YOU'RE error and I have sand in my poon?
laugh.gif

Seems as if you're the sandy pooned one if you ask me. But then again you're post count is larger so why even get into this battle?
Calmate' bro.

It really isn't that serious. Relax, be easy. Don't take +%## on here so serious.

And what does a post count have to do w/ anything?

My guess is that he goes and plays for the Colts. He wants a real QB and Peyton will keep him in check.

so where are all the players that feel TO was a distraction??????????????????????? o wait, this was a classic case of a racist jerry jones catering to hisracist coordinator ... "we gon ride that black horse as long as possible, and then blame it on him when we fail" ... yeah i said it ... where all theplayers at? where are ed werders sources at? cuz EVERY person who played with him so far said he is a good teammate ...

Originally Posted by NyRapisBack

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

TO to the Eagles. Book it.
First of all, keep dreaming.

Second, weren't you the same guy constantly criticizing Owens? Now that hes a FA, you're chanting to bring him to the Eagles?
You're goddamn right.

You're a big boy right?

smile.gif
laugh.gif

Seems as if you're the sandy pooned one if you ask me. But then again you're post count is larger so why even get into this battle?
Calmate' bro.

It really isn't that serious. Relax, be easy. Don't take +%## on here so serious.

Whattttt?
laugh.gif

Dude gave up cause of a number under Dre's UN
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

You're a big boy right?

smile.gif
laugh.gif

Calmate' bro.

Whattttt?
laugh.gif

Dude gave up cause of a number under Dre's UN
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
HERBED

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

so where are all the players that feel TO was a distraction??????????????????????? o wait, this was a classic case of a racist jerry jones catering to his racist coordinator ... "we gon ride that black horse as long as possible, and then blame it on him when we fail" ... yeah i said it ... where all the players at? where are ed werders sources at? cuz EVERY person who played with him so far said he is a good teammate ...
I feel bad for people like you who try to find racism in anything imaginable. You must be pretty insecure about your own place in this world tomake such a moronic and shortsighted statement like that.

I forgot Jerry Porter was in Jville
laugh.gif
. We aren't getting any WR's through the draft and I don't know what big name WR's are gonna be freeagents next year.

Originally Posted by Jello B Afro

I feel bad for people like you who try to find racism in anything imaginable. You must be pretty insecure about your own place in this world to make such a moronic and shortsighted statement like that.

im white

Originally Posted by Jello B Afro

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

so where are all the players that feel TO was a distraction??????????????????????? o wait, this was a classic case of a racist jerry jones catering to his racist coordinator ... "we gon ride that black horse as long as possible, and then blame it on him when we fail" ... yeah i said it ... where all the players at? where are ed werders sources at? cuz EVERY person who played with him so far said he is a good teammate ...
I feel bad for people like you who try to find racism in anything imaginable. You must be pretty insecure about your own place in this world to make such a moronic and shortsighted statement like that.
Yup... Dudes are so quick to call racism like PacMan Jones and Terrell Owens haven't earned the reputations they've gotten over the courseof their careers, and like they didn't have their fair share of issues in Dallas...
eyes.gif
There's a reason two other teams before this have dumped Terrell Owensdespite a lack of better (or even capable) options to replace him... And there's a reason you won't find many NFL teams lining up to snatch him off themarket this offseason...

Piss and moan about racism all you want, but how many black football players has Jerry Jones set up for LIFE with contracts he's given out? How many blackfootball players did/does Jerry Jones have good relationships with from Cowboy teams past? How many black football players has Jerry Jones taken chances on andgiven opportunities to revive their careers other NFL teams turned their noses up at them? Pac, Tank, Terrell, Charles Haley, Quincy Carter, Ken Hamlin... Thelist goes on and on and on... Some work, some don't... But when they don't work out Jerry's a racist for being one of the few owners in the NFL tooffer players with checkered pasts opportunities to make good on their careers...

And you keep throwing Jason Garrett out there like he's the only guy at Valley Ranch that wanted Terrell Owens gone... You sound like an idiot...That's not true in any way, shape, or form...

Seriously, shut the #$+* up...

Nowitness41Dirk wrote:

Piss and moan about racism all you want, but how many black football players has Jerry Jones set up for LIFE with contracts he's given out? How many black football players did/does Jerry Jones have good relationships with from Cowboy teams past? How many black football players has Jerry Jones taken chances on and given opportunities to revive their careers other NFL teams turned their noses up at them? Pac, Tank, Terrell, Charles Haley, Quincy Carter, Ken Hamlin... The list goes on and on and on... Some work, some don't... But when they don't work out Jerry's a racist for being one of the few owners in the NFL to offer players with checkered pasts opportunities to make good on their careers...

QFT.

i think this is about the media moreso than TO. The media are enablers, every since ABC bought espn, sports coverage has been more about drama and off thefield things and hardly anything about the actual sport thats played, UNLESS its something negative that happens on the court/field. Every sportscenter show is97% bs that nobody wants to hear about and 3% actual game coverage.

[h2]Market appears limited for Owens [/h2]
Posted: Adam Schefter | Adam Schefter | Tags: Dallas Cowboys, Terrell Owens

t_owens_090306_blog.jpg

(Harry How/Getty Images)

A random survey of NFL teams throughout Thursday, one day after the Cowboys released Terrell Owens, revealed next to no interest in the mercurial wide receiver. Ten receiver-needy teams were contacted and these are the responses that filtered in throughout the day:

"Never," from one team.

"T.O. leaves too much carnage wherever he plays," from another.

"Not here," said a third.

"He won't play here, I can tell you that!" came from a fourth.

A fifth said: "For all that he thinks he is, he has won one playoff game since 1998. I think his teams have won more playoff games since then with him out of the lineup."

And the NFL executive was correct. Since Owens and the 49ers beat the Packers in a 1998 Wild Card Game, Owens has played in only one playoff win - San Francisco's 2002 wild-card win over the New York Giants. Since then, Owens' record in playoff games he has played is 0-3.

"Makes the argument that character wins," said the same NFL executive.

And the most damning comment came from another wide-receiver needy team, in which one executive compared Owens to Barry Bonds and how people in this league "don't want (jerks). He could wind up sitting out the same way Barry did."

The only lukewarm response on Owens came from one AFC team that has struggled to find a receiver. "I highly doubt it," was the response of two people in the organization, though some in the media continue to connect this team with Owens.

And these are answers from teams in need of a receiver. Ones that don't need one, such as the Arizona Cardinals or Green Bay Packers, were not asked. But ultimately there was not a single team that admitted to so much as thinking about making a move on the former Cowboys wide receiver. Owens' market is, at best, limited.

Forget about a big money deal. It appears Owens will be fortunate to simply get a deal.

Now there are over four months until training camp, wide receivers get injured, teams readjust their thinking and Owens has a convincing representative in Drew Rosenhaus. So some team always can jump in and sign him at anytime; the receiver is that talented, even at age 35. But the last time he was a free agent two years ago, his only two bidders were Dallas and Denver, and the Broncos never offered any signing bonus. Dallas did.

Now Dallas is willing to have $9.675 million count against its salary cap for Owens not to be there. That is as damning as any words any executive issued Thursday.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2009...pears-limited-for-owens/

wow...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Yup... Dudes are so quick to call racism like PacMan Jones and Terrell Owens haven't earned the reputations they've gotten over the course of their careers, and like they didn't have their fair share of issues in Dallas...
eyes.gif
There's a reason two other teams before this have dumped Terrell Owens despite a lack of better (or even capable) options to replace him... And there's a reason you won't find many NFL teams lining up to snatch him off the market this offseason...

Piss and moan about racism all you want, but how many black football players has Jerry Jones set up for LIFE with contracts he's given out? How many black football players did/does Jerry Jones have good relationships with from Cowboy teams past? How many black football players has Jerry Jones taken chances on and given opportunities to revive their careers other NFL teams turned their noses up at them? Pac, Tank, Terrell, Charles Haley, Quincy Carter, Ken Hamlin... The list goes on and on and on... Some work, some don't... But when they don't work out Jerry's a racist for being one of the few owners in the NFL to offer players with checkered pasts opportunities to make good on their careers...

And you keep throwing Jason Garrett out there like he's the only guy at Valley Ranch that wanted Terrell Owens gone... You sound like an idiot... That's not true in any way, shape, or form...

Seriously, shut the #$+* up...

first of all, pacman got racially discriminated against by roger goodell ... there is no debating that ... you have matt jones cought sniffing coke and he isallowed to play "until the legal matters play out" and pacman gets "accused" and convicted of NOTHING and hes gone for a year and all thatjazz ... sorry, racism ...

as ive said before, people are quick to try to save their jobs ... mcnabb got called out for being a soft #%##% and throwing up in the huddle (which he did andother players called him on) and "its all TOs fault" ... andy reid started off the year shaky in 05 and guess what "its all TOs fault" ...he went 2-7 after he "benched" him ... andy reid should have buttered TOs abs in his driveway because hes the only person who got him to the superbowl ...

and you say how many black players has jerry set up for life? LOL
laugh.gif
allhes doing is riding them till they are of no useto him or until he needs to blame one of them for the teams troubles ... there are countless examples that evenyou should be able to recognize ... o but wait HES GIVEN SO MANY BAD BLACK CRIMINALS, CHANCES ... gag me, he tests them out to see if they are any good and ifnot he cuts them loose ... its not like hes sympathetic and all cuddly to them dudes lol ... he wants to win and getting a #6 pick in the draft for next tonothing ...

and who else wants TO out? surely not the majority of players, the only people that should matter ... wade has been on record saying he would love TO back ...Jerry was on record saying TO back ... who wasnt on record saying he wanted TO back? jason "i suck at calling plays and play it off as TO is theproblem" garrett and jerrys son ... guess who jerrys sons best friend is ............ jason garrett ...

so dont tell me to shut the @%@* up ... you sound just like someone from dallas, pissin and moanin for no reason other than youre soft

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Originally Posted by dland24

I dare you to try to name more than 5 WRs that are better all around WRs than T.O......I'll wait.

Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Steve Smith, Calvin Johnson, Roddy White
I would have also considered Boldin, Houshmanzadah, even Randy Moss. But nonetheless, a good list.

Back
Top Bottom