Terrell Owens just released by the Dallas Cowboys!!! BREAKING NEWS

eek.gif
eek.gif

TO was released in 2003 from the san francisco 49ers ... they went 7-9 in his final season and as usual TO was the scapegoat for the teams troubles ... the previous year (2002) they were 10-6 and won the nfc west

in 2004 they went 2-14
in 2005 they went 4-12
in 2006 they went 7-9
in 2007 they went 5-11
in 2008 they wen9 7-9

Jeff Garcia left the 49ers in 2003 with TO, but his best years were behind him when he threw for ...

4200 yards in 2000 and 31 tds
3500 yards in 2001 and 32 tds
3300 yards in 2002 and 21 tds

TO went to philly in 2004 after the eagles LOST IN THE CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP THE 3 PREVIOUS YEARS! what did he do?

77 catches 1200 yards 14 tds

and o by the way the eagles won the conference championship in 2004 and only lost by 3 to the patriot dynasty in a game where TO had 9 catches for 122 yards and mcnabb threw 3 tds, as well as 3 picks (cough cough)

in 2005, you know with the whole "mcnabb choking" talk going on (others echoed dude barfed in the huddle) ... guess what he did in 7 games before he was "benched" ... ?

47 catches 763 yards 6 tds ... ... ... IN 7 GAMES

as for donovan mcnabb ... his best statistical season (and the only season he made it to the super bowl) SHOCKER 2004 with TO

300-469 64% completion% 3875 yards 31 tds 8 ints

as for the eagles after TO was let go ...

2-7 for the rest of 2005

and as for the cowboys ... 80 catches 1200 yards 13 tds per year ...

sorry fellas, cutting ties with TO makes your team worst ... theres historical precedence ... how is everyone doing after they let the cancer go? the eagles have never been the same since that 2004 year ESPECIALLY when you look at how good they USED to be under andy reid ...

Originally Posted by lilhen18

Originally Posted by Trelvis Tha Thrilla

Originally Posted by dland24

I dare you to try to name more than 5 WRs that are better all around WRs than T.O......I'll wait.

Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Steve Smith, Calvin Johnson, Roddy White
I would have also considered Boldin, Houshmanzadah, even Randy Moss. But nonetheless, a good list.
Either way there are atleast 8 lol. I'd put Plaxico up there too when his mindset is right.

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Yup... Dudes are so quick to call racism like PacMan Jones and Terrell Owens haven't earned the reputations they've gotten over the course of their careers, and like they didn't have their fair share of issues in Dallas...
eyes.gif
There's a reason two other teams before this have dumped Terrell Owens despite a lack of better (or even capable) options to replace him... And there's a reason you won't find many NFL teams lining up to snatch him off the market this offseason...

Piss and moan about racism all you want, but how many black football players has Jerry Jones set up for LIFE with contracts he's given out? How many black football players did/does Jerry Jones have good relationships with from Cowboy teams past? How many black football players has Jerry Jones taken chances on and given opportunities to revive their careers other NFL teams turned their noses up at them? Pac, Tank, Terrell, Charles Haley, Quincy Carter, Ken Hamlin... The list goes on and on and on... Some work, some don't... But when they don't work out Jerry's a racist for being one of the few owners in the NFL to offer players with checkered pasts opportunities to make good on their careers...

And you keep throwing Jason Garrett out there like he's the only guy at Valley Ranch that wanted Terrell Owens gone... You sound like an idiot... That's not true in any way, shape, or form...

Seriously, shut the #$+* up...

first of all, pacman got racially discriminated against by roger goodell ... there is no debating that ... you have matt jones cought sniffing coke and he is allowed to play "until the legal matters play out" and pacman gets "accused" and convicted of NOTHING and hes gone for a year and all that jazz ... sorry, racism ...

as ive said before, people are quick to try to save their jobs ... mcnabb got called out for being a soft #%##% and throwing up in the huddle (which he did and other players called him on) and "its all TOs fault" ... andy reid started off the year shaky in 05 and guess what "its all TOs fault" ... he went 2-7 after he "benched" him ... andy reid should have buttered TOs abs in his driveway because hes the only person who got him to the super bowl ...

and you say how many black players has jerry set up for life? LOL
laugh.gif
all hes doing is riding them till they are of no useto him or until he needs to blame one of them for the teams troubles ... there are countless examples that even you should be able to recognize ... o but wait HES GIVEN SO MANY BAD BLACK CRIMINALS, CHANCES ... gag me, he tests them out to see if they are any good and if not he cuts them loose ... its not like hes sympathetic and all cuddly to them dudes lol ... he wants to win and getting a #6 pick in the draft for next to nothing ...

and who else wants TO out? surely not the majority of players, the only people that should matter ... wade has been on record saying he would love TO back ... Jerry was on record saying TO back ... who wasnt on record saying he wanted TO back? jason "i suck at calling plays and play it off as TO is the problem" garrett and jerrys son ... guess who jerrys sons best friend is ............ jason garrett ...

so dont tell me to shut the @%@* up ... you sound just like someone from dallas, pissin and moanin for no reason other than youre soft

indifferent.gif
TO is the only person that got philly to the superbowl?? yearight we went to 3 NFC championships before TO came and he did help us out in the regular season but dude got injured around week 13 and didn't play theentire playoffs until the superbowl game...and thats the one we lost....so how did he single handedly get us in the superbowl??

Originally Posted by philly5fan

indifferent.gif
TO is the only person that got philly to the superbowl?? yea right we went to 3 NFC championships before TO came and he did help us out in the regular season but dude got injured around week 13 and didn't play the entire playoffs until the superbowl game...and thats the one we lost....so how did he single handedly get us in the superbowl??

but hes the only person who lost it for u right?
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
TO is the only person that got philly to the superbowl?? yea right we went to 3 NFC championships before TO came and he did help us out in the regular season but dude got injured around week 13 and didn't play the entire playoffs until the superbowl game...and thats the one we lost....so how did he single handedly get us in the superbowl??

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

I never said that Im just saying we won every game up until he came back....we lost that game as a team but people swear TO is the reason we were in thesuperbowl which is farrrrr from true

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
Shut up. It was pointed out you were wrong, and of course you act this way. TO helped us get to the playoffs. That's it. McNabb, Westbrook,and the defense helped us get to the Super Bowl.

Not sure if it's been mentioned in this thread or not...but teams not interested in T.O. per PFT (take it fwiw):

-Dallas Cowboys (obviously)
-NY Giants
-Washington ********
-Baltimore Ravens
-SF 49ers
-Minnesota Vikings
-Atlanta Falcons
-Cleveland Browns
-SD Chargers
-Philadelphia Eagles
-NY Jets
-Tennessee Titans
-St. Louis Rams

Originally Posted by vctry20

hes the only person who got him to the super bowl ...
didn't he sit out injured through the playoffs...?
so dont tell me to shut the @%@* up
so shut the !$#% up

you have a bright future with espn ... i made that comment about andy reid and how he should have been buttering TOs abs cuz the only year he made it to the SBas a head coach was when TO was on the squad ... tray again ... that was good though buddy, i know you tried hard so ill e-pat you on the back ...
eyes.gif

Shut up. It was pointed out you were wrong, and of course you act this way. TO helped us get to the playoffs. That's it. McNabb, Westbrook, and the defense helped us get to the Super Bowl.

i never said the only reason philly made the super was because of TO ... i said the only year andy reid mad ethe super bowl was coaching a team with TO ... andthe grand point that i thought was obvious but it seems yall have trouble grasping ...

I THOUGHT YOU CANT BE SUCCESSFUL WITH TO ON YOUR TEAM!!!!!?????!!!!!!????!!!!!!!!??????

god damn didnt grade schools teach you guys reading comprehension? the only reson TO was let go in san fran, philly and dallas is because he was detrimental tothe team and the team "couldnt win with him" ... but yet what have they won without him? and in fact, how good have they been since? only time willtell with the boys

Originally Posted by gobucksBC

Not sure if it's been mentioned in this thread or not...but teams not interested in T.O. per PFT (take it fwiw):

-NY Giants
-Washington ********
-Baltimore Ravens
-SF 49ers
-Minnesota Vikings
-Atlanta Falcons
-Cleveland Browns
-SD Chargers
-Philadelphia Eagles
-NY Jets
-Tennessee Titans
-St. Louis Rams
I guess they didnt ask Ted Thompson...
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by vctry20

hes the only person who got him to the super bowl ...
didn't he sit out injured through the playoffs...?
so dont tell me to shut the @%@* up
so shut the !$#% up

you have a bright future with espn ... i made that comment about andy reid and how he should have been buttering TOs abs cuz the only year he made it to the SB as a head coach was when TO was on the squad ... tray again ... that was good though buddy, i know you tried hard so ill e-pat you on the back ...
eyes.gif

Shut up. It was pointed out you were wrong, and of course you act this way. TO helped us get to the playoffs. That's it. McNabb, Westbrook, and the defense helped us get to the Super Bowl.

i never said the only reason philly made the super was because of TO ... i said the only year andy reid mad ethe super bowl was coaching a team with TO ... and the grand point that i thought was obvious but it seems yall have trouble grasping ...

I THOUGHT YOU CANT BE SUCCESSFUL WITH TO ON YOUR TEAM!!!!!?????!!!!!!????!!!!!!!!??????

god damn didnt grade schools teach you guys reading comprehension? the only reson TO was let go in san fran, philly and dallas is because he was detrimental to the team and the team "couldnt win with him" ... but yet what have they won without him? and in fact, how good have they been since? only time will tell with the boys

It's not the TO is not a great player. Anyone can admit that he singlehandedly kept Philly competitive in that Super Bowl. The thing is that he can just aseasily kill a team. See: 2005 Eagles and 2008 Cowboys.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Yes, Owens sucks as a teammate....but, why are people making him out to be the SOLE reason for the Cowboys struggles/failures? If anything, someone from either the offensive/defensive side of the ball should have put homie in check. That is what leadership is for. Who are the leaders on the Cowboys? I guess people got shook, and didn't want the Hugh Douglass treatment. There is more blame to go around than to just hang it all on T.O. What about Jerry Jones, Wade Phillips, Romo, etc etc etc? T.O. makes for an easy scapegoat due to his reputation. He is a fierce competitor, and you can't ever question him NOT giving 110%. He does want to win, but it seems like he is running out of chances....
QFT and this is coming from a ******** fan.
sick.gif
laugh.gif

Now that TO's gone who's going to be the fall guy when things go bad?

the team that signs him has all the leverage. itll be a short contract LOADED with incentives which will be the best way to get a big year out of him statswise

Originally Posted by gobucksBC

-NY Giants
-Washington ********
-Baltimore Ravens
-SF 49ers
-Minnesota Vikings
-Atlanta Falcons
-Cleveland Browns
-SD Chargers
-Philadelphia Eagles
-NY Jets
-Tennessee Titans
-St. Louis Rams
I'm too lazy going through this whole thread again, but have the Dolphins shown any interest in signing T.O.?

Aint NO WAY he'll come to the Colts. Manning wouldn't allow it to happen.

I see him ending up either with the ********, Raiders, Ravens, Packers or Seattle

Back
Top Bottom