The 2011 Green Bay Packers will go undefeated.

man they aint going undefeated
laugh.gif
. That '07 Pats team and that '09 Colts team were both scary and you just had a feeling they were unbeatable until they got to the Superbowl.

This Packers team "should" of lost today if wasnt for that clown Philip Rivers. Theyll slip up to one of those upcoming opponents

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Oh, and I don't have a big enough LOL for this statement:

2009 - Manning, Freeney, Collie, Garcon, Wayne, Clark, Addai, D.Brown, Mathis, Bethea, Lacey, Brackett, Powers, Wheeler.

2011 -Freeney, Collie, Garcon, Wayne, Clark, Addai, D.Brown, Mathis, Bethea, Lacey, Powers, Wheeler.

I'm scoring 5 TDs on that packers secondary this year, throw in another 3 in the post season .

Waaayyy too early. It's not like the Packers are the first dominant team to start 8-0. Maybe in another division for one, because the North will always present a challenge. The Vikings played them down to the wire a few weeks ago and they are having a brutal season.

I also feel like a team for the NFC East could take them down in the playoffs if any of those teams (Giants, Eagles, Cowboys) were to get and stay hot. And actually, they are at N.Y. week 13.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Oh, and I don't have a big enough LOL for this statement:

2009 - Manning, Freeney, Collie, Garcon, Wayne, Clark, Addai, D.Brown, Mathis, Bethea, Lacey, Brackett, Powers, Wheeler.

2011 -Freeney, Collie, Garcon, Wayne, Clark, Addai, D.Brown, Mathis, Bethea, Lacey, Powers, Wheeler.

Notice something different between the two squads?

Wonder what the soon-to-be-16-and-0 Packers would look like with Curtis Painter at the helm.

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

The Packers have a great offense and a weak defense so what's to say they won't lose to a team that is balanced on both sides of the ball? The Packers won today with Rivers throwing TWO pick 6s..That's 14 points he basically handed to the Packers...And the Packers won by a TD with their defense allowing 38 points.

If you're banking on winning 16 straight games with your defense playing like that, I wouldn't get my hopes too high. Will Packers end the season as the team with the best record? 99% chance that will be the case. But you never know when a Packers star can have a horrible game or when an opponent's star player will go off for a career game.

Also, as someone already said..If they have the #1 spot in the NFC wrapped up by Week 14-16, they won't play their starters in Week 17 and that can be an L
Your blaming the defense, but not giving the defense any respect for the 2 Touchdowns that made up for how they played in the end. Peprah worked for that touchdown and Tramon had a great jump on his pick. Those were 2 good defensive plays. The Packers have play makers on defense there is no doubting that either. Just like they did in the playoffs last year they came through in the clutch closing the game out when they need to. I'm not saying they aren't having problems right now, but at the same time this D has talent, they aren't a lost cause. The defense started slow last year as well and picked it up in the end. Once the end of the year comes around I have confidence in the defense. 
What would be really cool is if the Packers went 16-0 ending the year with Matt Flynn.

FTR I dont see us going 16-0. Too hard not to have one bad game. At the same time I do expect us to go undefeated.

They are having a great season so far and Rodger's is putting up some amazing numbers but still too early to say they will go undefeated. The D still lets up too many yards and points and sooner or later, Rodgers is due for a down game, especially when the weather becomes not as passing friendly.

Notice something different between the two squads?

What the hell are you talking about?

I solely brought up 2011 as a way to exemplify how bad the weapons that Manning played with in 2009 were, yet they still did work.

I was inferring that a group of bums in 2009 was able to get to 14-0 with a great QB (Manning), so a group of actually TALENTED individuals could definitely get to 16-0 with a great QB, (Rodgers).

You 110-percent misunderstood.

My dude Jpzx is ready for college ball I see 
pimp.gif

Gophers gonna turn some heads finally

Can they? Yeah. But will they? I don't think so. And honestly, for their sakes, I think it's better that they don't go undefeated, if they want to repeat. Better to go through adversity sooner rather than later when it really counts.

GB will lose games, when they clinch early.

But they are better off losing a game or 2, that undefeated nonsense just adds unnecessary pressure. Only way to beat Rodgers is if you don't give him the ball
laugh.gif

Rodgers bodied the giants last year. I'll be at the game dec. 4th... IMO that's not the game we lose.

I'll be there too
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

They won't though, this is a prisoner of the moment thread.  They still have to play @Det, Det, Chi, @NYG, Tampa....Not an easy schedule at all, they'll drop one along the way.

I'm partially with you on that.  But to play Devil's advocate here that's still two very inconsistent teams, a team with no running attack and a team with two big parts injured and is notorious for choking in the second half.  Not that big of a stretch.

i think they can easily go undefeated, but Detroit could also snag one of those via Megatron, and Chicago seems to be no joke this year. I think no worse than 14-2 at this point.

They they either lose at Detroit on Thanksgiving (the crowd will be crazy, Detroit will have their backs up against the wall needing that game, first meaningful Thanksgiving game in forever for the Lions) or Chicago week 17.  Pack resting up for playoffs it will be freezing, Forte can go off.

Rodgers is gonna have a bad game one day (every QB does) and that defense isn't good enough to bail the team out.

Originally Posted by KingJames23

Rodgers is gonna have a bad game one day (every QB does) and that defense isn't good enough to bail the team out.

LOL. This is easy to say week in and week out. Just like it has been for how many weeks now? C'mon now. Stop using this as a crutch.

Defense looked fine tonight. And one of the league leaders in takeaways. They'll be fine. 

Back
Top Bottom