The 2011 Green Bay Packers will go undefeated.

Originally Posted by cguy610

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by cguy610

Easy, it's never been done.  Actually, nothing close has ever been done if you include last years consecutive wins to the Super Bowl + 19-0. 
Something's never happened = It never will happen...

Amazing logic.
I've never seen pigs fly. 
Wow.

indifferent.gif

Here are all the teams to start 11-0 since 1970:

1972 Dolphins - Won Superbowl
1984 Dolphins - Lost Superbowl
1985 Bears - Won Superbowl
1991 ******** - Won Superbowl
1998 Broncos - Won Superbowl
2005 Colts - Lost to Steelers in divisional
2007 Patriots - Lost Superbowl
2009 Colts - Lost Superbowl(to the 2009 Saints)
2009 Saints - Won Superbowl
2011 Packers - ??

The only team that didn't make it to the SB was 2005 Colts.  And the teams that made it to the SB are 5/8.

The Packers have also gone back to the Superbowl the following year every single time as most of you already know. So along with that and starting 11-0, its looking pretty good for the Packers to repeat.

Undefeated would be real nice, but just gimmie another Super Bowl.

As much as it pains me to say this as a Bears fan, this Packers team is head and shoulders above the competition. They will go undefeated and will win the Super Bowl. Aaron Rodgers is a AMAZING quarterback (I mean Joe Montana amazing) and his offensive and defensive squad is untouchable. This Packers squad has what it takes to create a championship dynasty. Not to mention that since theyve caught fire, theyll continue to win the NFC North from now until the time Aaron Rodgers falls off years from now and retires.

Not that we didnt already know the Packers can win with a ton of injuries but to come out with a win while guys like Hawk, Bishop, Woodson, Clifton, and Sitton are out...this was the game we would have lost. And then to still win with allllll those drops. You wont see that happen once more this year.

Originally Posted by blackngold1z

Do they rest their starters week 15/16?

Bears at home without Cutler and Forte I see Rodgers playing a half and we still get the win. Get him in there just to avoid him getting rusty. Flynn should be able to finish the job.
Detroit at home though, they will be playing for something while we will be playing for nothing but the perfect season. Again I see Rodgers playing a half. If its close I think we keep him in there. If theres a 2 score lead or more Flynn plays. But really I have no idea about this won. Given how Detroit plays on defense I could see McCarthy/Thompson playing it safe with Rodgers. Along with that I could also see McCarthy/Thompson playing Flynn for his sake. It would be the right thing to for his career to showcase what hes got for another team to sign him. Although, I still think he may stay next year.

Seriously though if your that close to being perfect why not go for it? I get that the Superbowl means everything, but who wouldnt want to try to be one of the best teams of all time and do something thats never been done before? (I think, the Dolphins team didnt have as many games to play correct?) Who wouldnt want to try to extend the biggest winning streak in the NFL of all time? We're already at freaking 18-0.

I hope we go for it.

its gonna happen. And I dont find myself rooting against them like I did the Patriots or Colts

i think the packers play hard and don't let off in any of their last 3 games until the game is outta reach for them.

their not the colts, a team that was scared of perfection, or would mess up chemistry and momentum by resting players only to choke at home in their playoff games time after time.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by University of Nike

3 left? To be undefeated, you need to go 19-0... Math fail.

Nope.
I couldn't give 2 toilet bowls full of Bud Light induced Jared Allen feces about 16-0... 19-0 is where the money is. 

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by University of Nike

3 left? To be undefeated, you need to go 19-0... Math fail.

Nope.

Yep. 16-0 has already been done. 17-0 has already been done. 18-0 has already been done. There is nothing "historic" about it, which is what this post is about... correct?

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan

i think the packers play hard and don't let off in any of their last 3 games until the game is outta reach for them.
Especially vs their division rivals. No way they're letting one of those teams knock them down this late. They play Christmas night and New Years day too, with the whole world watching? 
sick.gif

It's happened twice since the AFL-NFL merger in 1970. In 41 years, only two teams have done it. Just think about that... 32 teams play EVERY year, and only two teams have done it in 41 years. Just because 16-0 and 17-0 have been done doesn't mean if the Packers do it this year it is any less historic.

Going undefeated in the regular season is one of the hardest feats in professional sports. Going undefeated in the regular season AND the playoffs is without a shadow of a doubt better, but doesn't mean that the prior should be put on the back burner and not be celebrated triumphantly when it happens.

The thread's purpose is solely about the Packers going undefeated in the regular season, which they will. Once they get to the playoffs, I don't give a damn. I hope they go one and done and every Green Bay fan has to see a therapist for the following three and a half weeks or some #$$#.

If they go 16-0, I wouldn't be mad if they won it all. But if they pull that lame Colts mess, I hope the immediately get
wiped out in the first game.

Back
Top Bottom