The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he actually has it in him to be a 1st option still. (Not 2009-10 Kobe, but certainly a good 1st Option)

But under the right circumstance.

This offense and this team isn't that circumstance.

And I wouldn't go so far to say he's now a 3rd option. Based on Hollinger's explanation of PER, Kobe's 19.41 would qualify him as a Solid Second Option. Not a perfect science by any means, but 25/5/5 and 19 PER is still very good despite poor shooting %, and we can go through 7,8,9 different reasons why he's missing an extra shot a game. And yes, his fault for shooting 38.7% from the field, but there's some legitimate reasons as well.

The one question I ask: If just Pau Gasol at his age and where he is at in his career back... Do you think Kobe would be better off on the offensive side having someone that can help shoulder the load in a different way? I certainly think it wouldn't hurt.

I dont think kobe will ever take that robin role in order to contend again, hes stubborn

Hey OffSet, before the season you said Kobe was in the "Wizards Jordan" phase now.

Being at this point in the season would you put him ahead or on par with that likeness?

Inefficient?

Whatever

All I know is dude is going to be an All Star game starter, top 4 in scoring and possibly get an All-NBA selection while in his 19th season...not bad

Inefficient?

Whatever

All I know is dude is going to be an All Star game starter, top 4 in scoring and possibly get an All-NBA selection while in his 19th season...not bad

38.7% FG% is inefficient.

He isn't as inefficient as some say he is. But still there's an inefficiency about his FG%.

Hey OffSet, before the season you said Kobe was in the "Wizards Jordan" phase now.

Being at this point in the season would you put him ahead or on par with that likeness?
On par, just more athletic than i expected

Inefficient?

Whatever

Popularity

His inefficiency is overblown to me

I think he settles around a 40 FG% eventually

Im not a big person into better field goal percentages/efficiency being a big deal

Wade is shooting 10 points higher than James Harden and 8 points higher than Klay but most people aren't taking Wade before them

*Cue the TS nerds*

Lebron's shooting percentages are down about 8 percentage points but he hasn't really regressed just different dynamics for him now

I could see Kobe getting into business, for some strange reason. I don't think he can be a coach he's way too impatient.

“@nbastats: Last night, Dwight (29 years, 5 days) became the 3rd youngest (Wilt, Russell) to collect 10,000+ career rebounds.

I'm waiting for Dawk to put Conley's career night on YouTube.

He had 19pts with 2:30 left in the 4th and finished with 36 :pimp:

You're soft if you don't want to play with Kobe. The guy is a winner.

Going on 5 yrs since he won anything

Kobe Was a winner

Now hes a 3rd option thats playing like an inefficient 1st option but getting a pass because of what he used to do
he's not perfect but aside from playing with an injured dwight what talent has he had around him to field a competitive team in the western conference?

Relax. They're not even the best team in the west. They're just hot right now.
I disagree. Top 2 teams in the west Is a tie between warriors and Spurs. But warriors are superior as of now

Of course he is gonna say that, he is a damn Clipper fan. But for me, regardless of record, until we can beat the Spurs, the Warriors will never be superior to the Spurs.

warriors >>> clippers when both teams are healthy idc what yall say. id love to see them meet again in the playoffs. warriors will have the revenge for sure. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom