The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rondo is gonna change ya'll minds soon. Don't underestimate him now. He won't ever be a 15ppg guy. But he'll have that offense running smoothly. Being a Boston Fan since I was young and being a Mavs fan since 06 this is the greatest thing to happen to me. Can't wait til Playoffs I'm gonna be at the first home game.
They already have the highest scoring offense in the league without him...

Man Kelly Olynyk is seriously terrorizing opposing bigs with that pump fake then drive from the 3 point line. He's got that Paul Pierce im slow as dirt but somehow get everywhere on the court game.

Man Kelly Olynyk is seriously terrorizing opposing bigs with that pump fake then drive from the 3 point line. He's got that Paul Pierce im slow as dirt but somehow get everywhere on the court game.
It'll be like Brandan Wright never left Dirk. :lol:

Offensive rating/efficiency.

Also tied for team TS% (Clippers)

Boston is 7th in FG%
1st in FGA
#1 in team APG
5th in PPG

Your telling me Celtics with all those bums on the roster can do that with Rondo?

Just imagine how scary it will be with Rondo on the Mavericks now.

Do you guys know that "stats" people don't just judge players using PER? Or no?

Apparently not. Offensive PER seems to be the end all be all stat. I've never played a pick up game and had to use PER to determine who had the best game. PER never comes up in barbershop basketball talk I've been around either. Tyson Chandler has a high PER rating. You'd think he was a top 10 player.

Boston is 7th in FG%
1st in FGA
#1 in team APG
5th in PPG

Your telling me Celtics with all those bums on the roster can do that with Rondo?

Just imagine how scary it will be with Rondo on the Mavericks now.

dude it's 2014 just use offensive rating it's more accurate.

they were the 18th ranked offence with rondo.

Apparently not. Offensive PER seems to be the end all be all stat. I've never played a pick up game and had to use PER to determine who had the best game. PER never comes up in barbershop basketball talk I've been around either. Tyson Chandler has a high PER rating. You'd think he was a top 10 player.

So your answer is no? You don't know that PER is just one of many things used to judge a player. PER is literally just a bunch of stats combined into 1. There's not a soul that ranks every single player using PER especially not when comparing a playmaking PG and a garbage-bucket getting bigman.

1. no one cares about your barbershop.
2. PER actually undersells Tyson chandlers value, and his career PER is barley above league average despite being an elite defensive center.

3. for the last time PER is just simpler, slightly smarter and easier way of condensing all the box score stats pts/reb/ast/ ext into one number. thsts it, its not some mystical formula.

if kobe is a shell of his former self then jeremy lin was born an empty shell
its true lin is just an average player but jesus kobe needs to retire
laugh.gif

hes had so many awful games this year
he needs to keep doing what he did last night 
nerd.gif

The other day when I bought up all the averages and the win/loss head to head advantage Wall had over Paul everyone cried PER to show Paul was better. As of right now Brandon Wright is 6 in PER. Does that make him a top 10 player?

thats just chris paul though, only credibility he has is his PER so thats what people use when talking about him

thats just chris paul though, only credibility he has is his PER so thats what people use when talking about him

I know. I'm waiting for all these PER guys to explain Brandon Wright and how he's a top 10 player. Although we all know he's not.

The other day when I bought up all the averages and the win/loss head to head advantage Wall had over Paul everyone cried PER to show Paul was better. As of right now Brandon Wright is 6 in PER. Does that make him a top 10 player?

1.win losses are team accomplishments.
2.head to head is a tiny sample size to draw any conclusions about anything.

PER is good at giving you baselines of performance particularly on offence, if there is a large gap between PER and they have similar roles it's pretty safe to say that the other player is better but there are outliers. and exceptions.

Paul has been way more productive in terms of the box score stats, whether he is a better player or not is different conversation.

and Wall despite all his passing has never led a team with an above average offence.

Paul is better on offence, Wall is better on D, I would go with Paul but the gap is not as large as it once was.

Last edited:
1.win losses are team accomplishments.
2.head to head is a tiny sample size to draw any conclusions about anything.

PER is good at giving you baselines of performance particularly on offence, if there is a large gap between PER and they have similar roles it's pretty safe to say that the other player is better but there are outliers. and exceptions.

Paul has been way more productive in terms of the box score stats, whether he is a better player or not is different conversation.

and Wall despite all his passing has never led a team with an above average offence.

Paul is better on offence, Wall is better on D, I would go with Paul but the gap is not as large as it once was.

Yeah ok now about Brandon Wright. Explain to me how he's the 2nd best PF in the league and a top 10 player? Your PER stat says he is.

Yeah ok now about Brandon Wright. Explain to me how he's the 2nd best PF in the league and a top 10 player? Your PER stat says he is.

you compare role to role.

you don't use PER to compare the impact of a low usage player like brandon wright and high usage player like rondo.

brandon wright is amazing at his specific role, finishing at the basket and blocking shots.

all per is saying is thst it's really hard to shoot 75% form the field in the NBA, a block 2 shots, and grab a steal. in 18 minutes, how that applys to winning games is up to you to decide.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom