The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Comprehension is low this morning. The only reason I'm bringing up Wall and Paul is that's the most recent PER discussion I had. The only case made by Paul's camp was offensive PER. Now some are saying eye test, win/loss ect all factor in.

Kevin Loves PER was high a season ago. He played with strait scrubs on a terrible team. Point being you can be a loser year in and out and according to PER be a top 10 or 5 player. It's a misleading stat. When your putting up numbers on a contender it means more IMO.

Last edited:
Comprehension is low this morning. The only reason I'm bringing up Wall and Paul is that's the most recent PER discussion I had. The only case made by Paul's camp was offensive PER. Now some are saying eye test, win/loss ect all factor in.

Kevin Loves PER was high a season ago. He played with strait scrubs on a terrible team. Point being you can be a loser year in and out and according to PER be a top 10 or 5 player. It's a misleading stat.

what is offensive PER?

like what is that?

what you are talking about?

Last edited:
:lol:

He was talking about defensive PER a few days ago, too.

I'm in tears over here.

an another, why do you find so impossible to believe that some people think Chris Paul is better than Wall?

Like is there some massive difference between the two players?

You can't wrap your mind around how someone could really think that CP3 is better? Really?

an another, why do you find so impossible to believe that some people think Chris Paul is better than Wall?

You can't wrap your mind around how someone could really think that CP3 is better? Really?

CP3 hate fuels him. I thought I was the biggest John Wall fan.

Guess I wasn't. Damn.

Last edited:

This season Wall is clearly better. MVP candidate. An PER shows offensive and defensive stats. The Paul supporters only bring up the offensive ones in his favor.

This season Wall is clearly better. MVP candidate. An PER shows offensive and defensive stats. The Paul supporters only bring up the offensive ones in his favor.

im not going argue paul vs wall.

fyi PER is one stat.

offensive rating and defensive Rating are completely different stats.

Last edited:
Laugh all you want. Wall 6 game winning streak 19-6 2nd in the East 1 game back. Best start in franchise history. Leads the NBA in double doubles. Clips lost 3 of 4 against 2 east teams and the Nuggets. Sorry stat guys but winning still means something.

Oh so now GSW is the best defensive team..... Lmfao.

Does it really matter to you how exactly the top teams are ranked statistically? GSW has a good enough defense to still have the best record in the league and be a clear cut contended. Whether they are or not better than Memphis defensively is kind of a pointless debate because they're both really good any way you look at it

@BowB4ME....you making us Wall stans look bad outchea mane. Just take the L dugg.

I'm a fan your a Stan. There's a difference. Oh and BTW I did post my MVP candidates a few days back and they were Curry, Harden and Gasol. Not playing favorites at all because I'm a Wizard fan.

PER is never a definitive stat and if you can't see how Wright would be an outlier then I don't know what to tell you.

For starters, he's a bench player, so comparing him to starters is pointless.

:lol: I like how PER is a definitive stat sometimes then other times we get the"outlier" line :lol:

Thought I was the only one who notice. Geez. Brandon Wright being a "bench player" also makes no sense. He's not even the best bench guy in the league. Although PER says he is.

Last edited:
Laugh all you want. Wall 6 game winning streak 19-6 2nd in the East 1 game back. Best start in franchise history. Leads the NBA in double doubles. Clips lost 3 of 4 against 2 east teams and the Nuggets. Sorry stat guys but winning still means something.

Ok so that means Kyle Lowry is better than Wall right?

Kyle's team is off to the best start in franchise history, the raptors are leading the east, the Raptors crushed the Wiz in their match up.

Kyle Lowry must also be an MVP candidate and better than CP3 and Wall right?

Last edited:
I tried to make PER the crutch of my CP3 argument?

LOL.

I don't care what metric you use, CP3 is a top 5 PG according to every single one of them.

PER is never a definitive stat and if you can't see how Wright would be an outlier then I don't know what to tell you.

why is wright an outlier?  i thought PER stood for player efficiency rating not top 10 players in the league?

why is wright an outlier?  i thought PER stood for player efficiency rating not top 10 players in the league?

You're right, he isn't an outlier, poor wording on my end.

He just shouldn't be compared to starters when talking about top players in the NBA, but apparently some people can't see that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so that means Kyle Lowry is better than Wall right?

Kyle's team is off to the best start in franchise history, the raptors are leading the east, the Raptors crushed the Wiz in their match up.

Kyle Lowry must also be an MVP candidate and better than CP3 and Wall right?

I give Kyle his props. He's right up there with Wall. They have advantages over the other in many categories. The largest gap is double doubles though. Wall 16 Kyle 6.

per doesn';t tell you about role on the team, wright is a role where only catches lobs while surrounded by 3 point shooters, thus he has an insanely high fg% . all per is telling you is that he compiles box score stats really efficiently which is true. but you as a human have to factor in coaching/context/role/shceme/roster construction. ect ect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom