The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm 
nerd.gif

Man, so people are serious now when they "act" like GSW  contenders, now?

I bet Bogut makes it through the year healthy, but that's all I'm betting on.

That's not silly. 

Now you are being silly. 

You need to ask yourself the question you keep asking others, because you are starting to take some L's here man.
How is that being silly and what kind of L's exactly?
Well, you said it's silly to assume a 19yr old kid can come into the League with a better skill-set than a vet.

It basically sounds like you are saying that never will a 19yr old have a better skillset than a vet, and that's just not true.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but If I am understading you correctly, you have to take an L on that one there, because plenty 19yr olds have more weapons coming in than players currently in the League

Man, so people are serious now when they "act" like GSW  contenders, now?

I bet Bogut makes it through the year healthy, but that's all I'm betting on.

Well, you said it's silly to assume a 19yr old kid can come into the League with a better skill-set than a vet.

It basically sounds like you are saying that never will a 19yr old have a better skillset than a vet, and that's just not true.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but If I am understading you correctly, you have to take an L on that one there, because plenty 19yr olds have more weapons coming in than players currently in the League
I'm saying it's silly to expect a kid to have a better skill set than David Lee. It's not a rule at all, just silly to expect that. Lee is a skilled player man

@Vincent Van HoGotcha. SO not in general, just in this case, and comparing only Randle vs Lee? Ok that makes better sense.

I've never really seen much of Lee since he left NEW YORK, or paid attention should I say, I don't know what his specialty is, I guess he's good, because Randle can do a little bit of everything, and pretty well.

The Warriors dark horse contenders with Kerr at the helm. Already an upgrade over Mark Jackson.

I don't think you even need to put the dark horse label on them. They're contenders, period. If Bogut is healthy, they have as good a starting 5 as anyone and that's whether Barnes of Iggy starts as SF.

Not buying into the Ws yet have to see if with their new found freedom on the offensive end, causes them to regress defensively.

The Warriors dark horse contenders with Kerr at the helm. Already an upgrade over Mark Jackson.

Was Mark really that bad of a coach?

He wasn't necessarily bad, but he wasn't creative offensively. GSW ran too much vanilla stuff like straight Klay Thompson post ups last year. No excuse for a team with Curry, Thompson, and Lee to only muster the 12th best offense in the league. Kerr seems to have their offense humming.

If the West really got that much better, and it did, you guys do realize that a 50+ win team is going to miss the playoffs this year.

I don't think you even need to put the dark horse label on them. They're contenders, period. If Bogut is healthy, they have as good a starting 5 as anyone and that's whether Barnes of Iggy starts as SF.
Agreed, was going to post this. I thought they were dark horses last season already
If the West really got that much better, and it did, you guys do realize that a 50+ win team is going to miss the playoffs this year.
Seems like this could be said every year about the west, well at least lately

Last edited:
For those 4-8 seeds every game will matter.
There can't be nights off.
There can't be games you look past.
Minutes will be increased.
Injuries will be more prone.
Legs won't be as fresh come playoff if they even do manage to slide a 4-8 spot which will only be seperated by 1-5 games max.

Godspeed 4-8 seeds, may health follow you this year on your journey.

For those 4-8 seeds every game will matter.
There can't be nights off.
There can't be games you look past.
Minutes will be increased.
Injuries will be more prone.
Legs won't be as fresh come playoff if they even do manage to slide a 4-8 spot which will only be seperated by 1-5 games max.

Godspeed 4-8 seeds, may health follow you this year on your journey.

Its all about matchups in the west, clinching a playoff spot is all that matters, sliding a 4-8 spot really means nothing once april comes

Its all about matchups in the west, clinching a playoff spot is all that matters, sliding a 4-8 spot really means nothing once april comes
No No NO NO NO my friend. NO. It matters, and it matters a lot man.

You want to play Spurs, OKC first round because you slipped to 7/8.

BUT that was not my point, at all. 

I'm saying everygame matters for the 4/8 seeds because if you lose 1/3 games that you should have won, it may cost you a spot.

1/3 seeds will be 7/12 games ahead of the next closest seed at 4.

Win 50 games and miss the playoffs, and you realize EVERY game matters. Then you have the seeding that's only really tough from 1/8 and 2/7 matuchups, the rest should be pretty even matchups on who wins no matter the seed, even if it's close to last years same participants.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom