The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if Delonte West is the reason for LeBron's hair?

Heard of parents shaming their children in this way before.

Lol at some of the Barkley opinions. Jump shooting teams don't win. What was Miami heat then? Then didn't even have a center. And the "center" Chris bosh shoots more 3s then anyone on the team. They won 2. Charles Barkley opinions are invalid.

He's right though. The Heat won cuz they had the best player in the game and he was getting dudes wide open shots. They wasn't just jacking up contested shots. They were a fast break get to the rim team and they forced a lot of turnovers.

plus Splash brothers are something unseen before.

Now this is what works in GS's favor, these dudes are some next level shooters. They make 3's look like lay ups, maybe they could be the exception.

I can see George Karl getting the Orlando gig.
would be 
smokin.gif

I guess Bron wasn't beasting in the post, Wade slashing, Duncan dominating down low, Parker living down low etc. The Heat and Spurs we're doing a lot more than just shooting jumpers they had balance. Even Russ attacks the basket with such ferocity that even if he misses; so much attention is given to him that it leaves the weak side wide open for offensive boards.

I'm still not convinces such a perimeter oriented team such as GS even when they're prolific shooting will be able to sustain a long playoff run. It's not cliché and the pace does slow down, possessions are tougher, and you can't just be turning the ball over as carelessly as they do and think it's going to be on when a team can gameplan for your tendencies.

Last edited:
The Warriors take more shots at the rim than half the teams in the league, including the Blazers, Raptors, Clippers, Thunder, Wizards, Mavs, and Spurs.

Vaughn fired by the Magic, Scott Skiles leading candidate to replace him.

I guess Bron wasn't beasting in the post, Wade slashing, Duncan dominating down low, Parker living down low etc. The Heat and Spurs we're doing a lot more than just shooting jumpers they had balance. Even Russ attacks the basket with such ferocity that even if he misses; so much attention is given to him that it leaves the weak side wide open for offensive boards.

I'm still not convinces such a perimeter oriented team such as GS even when they're prolific shooting will be able to sustain a long playoff run. It's not cliché and the pace does slow down, possessions are tougher, and you can't just be turning the ball over as carelessly as they do and think it's going to be on when a team can game plan for your tendencies.

There turnover problems are a complete reasonable reason for thinking they might be in for trouble against the right matchup

But.

The perimeter oriented stuff is nonsense, Duncan was the third option the spurs offense was built around surrounding Manu and Tony with 3 shooters and running spread pick and roll.

The gsw offense in terms of shot distribution is not disimilar from Miami, the Mavs, and the Spurs, the 3 past championship winners.

There turnover problems are a complete reasonable reason for thinking they might be in for trouble against the right matchup

But.

The perimeter oriented stuff is nonsense, Duncan was the third option the spurs offense was built around surrounding Manu and Tony with 3 shooters and running spread pick and roll.

The gsw offense in terms of shot distribution is not disimilar from Miami, the Mavs, and the Spurs, the 3 past championship winners.

Yeah, its not like GSW is score their points on all jumpers. They get plenty of inside buckets. Klay and Steph get to the basket occasionally, as does Barnes. Bogut gets inside baskets off PNR and lobs. I also see them get layoffs of back door cuts, etc. A lot of that stuff won't be as easy to come by in the playoffs, but they have a more balanced offense then some people would suggest.

The Spurs are still built around Tim Duncan.
you think so?
Absolutely. He is the cornerstone of that team. He doesnt play and the entire system falls apart especially the defense. He is invaluable to that roster in a way that merely stats can not justify even though they do it very well.

Theres only 2 years since hes been on that team where you could say that it wasnt built around him and I'd even be reluctant to give you those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom