The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
East is wide open tho.

Cavs lack experience outside of Bron
Hawks are notorious for 2nd round exits.
Wizards are inconsistent
Bulls are bound to get injured with Thibbs running them into the ground
Raptors lack experience too.

There's no team in the east I can pick with confidence. Meanwhile the west is really between GS and Memphis

East is wide open tho.

Wizards are inconsistent

There's no team in the east I can pick with confidence. Meanwhile the west is really between GS and Memphis
spurs dont need no home court advantage, all they need is a playoff spot. 

East is wide open tho.

Wizards are inconsistent

See that "Hawks are notorious 2nd round exits" that's just not good enough of a reason. That has nothing to do with the 2014-2015 Atlanta Hawks.

I'm just wondering if this Ryan dude is gonna be posting as much as this when the Hawks get knocked out :lol:

See that "Hawks are notorious 2nd round exits" that's just not good enough of a reason. That has nothing to do with the 2014-2015 Atlanta Hawks.

That's a very good reason :lol: especially considering they've been a playoff team the majority of the past decade but never made it past the second round. Maybe things will be different this year, but I have no more confidence in them than any other team I mentioned in a 7 game series.

Playoff basketball the game slows and possessions are cut down. The jump shooting teams will have to maintain their good shooting with less possessions and teams game planning just for them.

Meanwhile in DC although we've lost 5 strait (typical down period most teams go through) we have nothing but bigs and dirty work players. Fewer possessions and a slowed pace benefit us. You'll see.....

That's a very good reason :lol: especially considering they've been a playoff team the majority of the past decade but never made it past the second round. Maybe things will be different this year, but I have no more confidence in them than any other team I mentioned in a 7 game series.
so it's experience for the Bulls but just 2nd round exits for the hawks :lol: too bad none of those hawks teams were this Hawks team. Who will be the #1 seed. Still waiting on u to actually give a basketball reason why this years hawks team can't win without bringing up past years.

so it's experience for the Bulls but just 2nd round exits for the hawks :lol: too bad none of those hawks teams were this Hawks team. Who will be the #1 seed. Still waiting on u to actually give a basketball reason why this years hawks team can't win without bringing up past years.

I didn't say anything about the Bulls experience....

I said they're bound to deal with injuries, learn how to read dude.

Can it be that the reason Ryanjumpman420 doesn't want to talk about the Hawks of past years.. Because he only started watching them this yr?

Last edited:
this hawks team just isn't built to make a finals run. don't see them getting through chicago or the cavs. very good regular season team that's gonna run out of gas and come up short in the playoffs.

Playoff basketball the game slows and possessions are cut down. The jump shooting teams will have to maintain their good shooting with less possessions and teams game planning just for them.

Meanwhile in DC although we've lost 5 strait (typical down period most teams go through) we have nothing but bigs and dirty work players. Fewer possessions and a slowed pace benefit us. You'll see.....
And the Hawks can give it to u however u want. U wanna speed it up like the Dubs tried to do fine, Hawks can run with the best of them. See how that turned out. Wanna slow it down and play half court. Fine let the Hawks get it their sets and run pick and rolls and mismatch u to death have and players running without the ball all game long while playing hellish D. Hands everywhere. Sharp defensive rotating.

this hawks team just isn't built to make a finals run. don't see them getting through chicago or the cavs. very good regular season team that's gonna run out of gas and come up short in the playoffs.
Run out of gas? Their starters play some of the lowest minutes in the league compared to others.

Last edited:
As great as all these jump shooting teams are, the last decade of champs pretty much all had at least one guy who could do work on the block in crunch time

until korver shoots 53% from the 3pt in the playoffs in a 7 game series against a defense like the Bulls, I'm not convinced of this team doing much. They're outperforming their ability. Teague, Hereford and Millsap are very good players, but I don't see them and this offense running as fluidly as it has against Chicago. And against the Cavs, I don't see them having enough firepower to compete with Cleveland. Hawks don't have an answer for LeBron.

The Hawks offense ran pretty fluidly last year against the Pacers last year. They are a year better and Horford is healthy.

They'll be a problem.

until korver shoots 53% from the 3pt in the playoffs in a 7 game series against a defense like the Bulls, I'm not convinced of this team doing much. They're outperforming their ability. Teague, Hereford and Millsap are very good players, but I don't see them and this offense running as fluidly as it has against Chicago. And against the Cavs, I don't see them having enough firepower to compete with Cleveland. Hawks don't have an answer for LeBron.
I'll rep that for at least being basketball related. Although your investing alot into a Cavs team that has proven nothing in the playoffs. And the Bulls who are having all sorts of on and off court problems right now.
EDIT: And a 100% disagree with your opinion on Teague, Horford, and Millsap all "outperforming" their ability. That's flat out wrong.

Last edited:
The Pacers limped into the ECF last year. They were one of the biggest head cases in league history. If you want to use that series as any insight into this years playoffs so be it. I wouldn't though.

Hawks have weaknesses. It's players with length who are offensive threats. Ala Anthony Davis killing the Hawks. And Aldridge putting up 39 last go around. Although the Hawks still won that game with Portland.

Hawks were without Al Horford last year. Pretty darn big missing piece. He's the locker room leader. Believe he has the best +- for the Hawks right now. And then Korver. It may be the other way around. It's one of the two. But clearly Al is all around more important.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom