The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol accounting quiz I took 10 minutes ago probably fried my head i probably would've used aren't if it was a team that ended with an s

I'm ******* with you man :lol: :lol: I don't care like that. In fact I hate when ****** try and correct grammar on the internet honestly.

1) scotty brooks is a terrible coach and only runs/calls a handful of plays.. Maybe a better coach would have a bigger impact on what is happening with the thunder's offense then guys going one on one.. Look at the end of game play calling, or lack thereof

2) reggie Jackson has been pressing trying to get his numbers because he wants a contract in the offseason.. Either you don't watch the thunder or you are seeing something everyone else isn't

I know what Jackson has been doing, but Waiters is HORRIBLE. He's a very poor mans JR. At least Reggie can kinda pass, Dion averages more TOs than assists.

and the correct spelling is ARE. How are the Heat not well respected? Not aren't or isn't.

It's isn't. See exhibit A:

@SpearsNBAYahoo: The Thunder is not amongst the teams trying to acquire Goran Dragic, a source said.

:lol:

The Thunder isn't. You replace the proper noun with the pronoun to verify. The team isn't. You wouldn't say the team aren't

Last edited:
1) scotty brooks is a terrible coach and only runs/calls a handful of plays.. Maybe a better coach would have a bigger impact on what is happening with the thunder's offense then guys going one on one.. Look at the end of game play calling, or lack thereof

2) reggie Jackson has been pressing trying to get his numbers because he wants a contract in the offseason.. Either you don't watch the thunder or you are seeing something everyone else isn't

I know what Jackson has been doing, but Waiters is HORRIBLE. He's a very poor mans JR. At least Reggie can kinda pass, Dion averages more TOs than assists.

Waiters was a very low risk move, the pick is top 18 protected..

Scotty brooks continues to start andre Roberson when we already know it won't work in the playoffs.. So why not try literally any of the other options on the roster in that spot

We are not talking about Pat Riley. We are talking about the Heat.
When you hear about legacy and well respected teams, what teams do you hear? Lakers, Celtics, Bulls, Knicks and Spurs. Knicks suck but for some reason, they're always being mentioned. So not sure where you're going.

As for the Heat, not a basketball town, fans don't support the team, one ring with Shaq and Wade which was cool but faded quickly until LeBron got there. Now he's gone, Heat aren't anywhere near highly talked about. I'm sure they're respected but not in high regards as the other teams.
Those teams, sans the Knicks, have won titles. Of course they will be held in high regard 
laugh.gif

The Knicks have ceased to be a well respected organization for a long time now, they are in fact one of the bigger laughing stocks in the league. From Isaiah to Dolan etc. they are not respected at all these days.. we will see what Phil can do 

Just because they have fair weather fans doesn't mean their organization isn't respected. Their management and ownership are exceptional 

Last edited:
That's what they need to do to win tho. They don't have a single past first guard on that team and two of the best scorers in the game. Hence why they always revert to one on one basketball.

Despite the fact they were losing it was actually interesting seeing them play without WB and Durant because they actually *gasp* ran plays.

But as soon they come back everyone goes brain dead and then they add god awful Waiters and bench Jackson.

Makes zero sense.

I don't really think you need a pass first point guard to win. Past 10 years have shown that.

A pass first point guard just isn't going to magically make the team better. There's a bunch of different factors at play. You also have to take into account that Russell Westbrook is going yo be the primary ballhandler anyway. No team is ever going to put Westbrook on the floor and not have him on the ball.

He gets the blunt of blame for their lack of a championship and it's a bit unfair. He could have been Magic Johnson and they still would have gotten dragged by the Heat.

Last edited:
and the correct spelling is ARE. How are the Heat not well respected? Not aren't or isn't.

It's isn't. See exhibit A:

@SpearsNBAYahoo: The Thunder is not amongst the teams trying to acquire Goran Dragic, a source said.

:lol:

The Thunder isn't. You replace the proper noun with the pronoun to verify. The team isn't. You wouldn't say the team aren't

"How isn't the Heat a respectable organization"

So that's saying "How is not the Heat a respectable organization"

The correct term would be, How are the Heat not a respectable organization.

In a grouping with the Lakers and Knicks only on NT will the Heat be the unrespectable franchise.

The team entered the league in 1988  with the Hornets, a year after Minny and Orlando.

See the difference in franchise successes?

Keep throwing around meaningless words like "basketball town"

Miami is beloved in the NBA offices from Mickey Arison down.

Let's keep it 100. The Knicks are not a "respected" franchise. They have the prestige and allure of the market working for them. They're one of the most poorly run franchises in sports and their owner is a moron.

In a grouping with the Lakers and Knicks only on NT will the Heat be the unrespectable franchise.

The team entered the league in 1988  with the Hornets, a year after Minny and Orlando.

See the difference in franchise successes?

Keep throwing around meaningless words like "basketball town"

Miami is beloved in the NBA offices from Mickey Arison down.

All I said was they weren't respected like LA or NY. They don't have that legacy. Deal with it.

Bruh you missed the part where I said you replace the proper noun (Heat) with the pronoun (heat=team). How isn't the team a respectable organization. How isn't the heat a respectable organization. Sounds dumb af but I'm 100% sure that's right. Enough grammar talk :lol:

The only "true" pg the thunder have had on their roster with westbrook was eric maynor and brooks played them all of like 6 mins together before he got desperate in the last game vs the mavs the year they won the championship..

Again, brooks is an idiot.. When accessing the thunder, point the finger at him first

For those who may believe brooks' critics are to harsh, dude played perkins 23 mins per in the finals with a torn groin

:stoneface:

Last edited:

Bruh you missed the part where I said you replace the proper noun (Heat) with the pronoun (heat=team). How isn't the team a respectable organization. How isn't the heat a respectable organization. Sounds dumb af but I'm 100% sure that's right. Enough grammar talk :lol:

You are right my man. Missed that.

Still holding onto those titles from the 70s? Or how about not advancing out of the 1st round only once since like 2000. What legacy do you speak of man?

The only thing the Knicks have over the Heat is they've been in the league longer and have had a lot of time to suck more.

Pat and Phil are both respected, Phil as a coach though, TBD as an executive. Dolan is a clown in every circle while Arison is respected league wide. This isn't debatable.

Last edited:
Still holding onto those titles from the 70s? Or how about not advancing out of the 1st round only once since like 2000. What legacy do you speak of man?

The only thing the Knicks have over the Heat is they've been in the league longer and have had a lot of time to suck more.

:rofl:

My G, we can all sit here and bash the Knicks. I don't give a damn. Team is trash, owner is trash and they haven't done **** in over a decade. I have no idea why they're so high regarded and are always talked about when you hear about legacy and traditional organizations. But you always hear legends talk about the Knicks and the Garden. It is what it is, take it up with someone else. So if he's going to a losing team with money, why not go to a prestigious organization like LA or NY.

Prestigious =/= Well-respected

There's only a handful of prestigious organizations in the NBA anyway

You can be a respected organization without being really prestigious 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom