The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
My biggest problem about the Goran Dragic wants the 4 year / $80mil max.

Who is going to give it to him? That he realistically would want to go to.

What team is going to? 2 of his 7 team list won't have cap space (Heat & Pacers)

Why would the Lakers or Knicks give him 4 year / $80mil. Especially the Knicks with Melo making 22-28mil from here out.

He's going to hope for 4 year / $80mil. Likely settle on 4 year / $70mil. Which is a starting salary at $16mil.

Last edited:
Dragic @ 4/80 mill is a  joke right?

Gordon Hayward got spat on for his what, 4/65?

Gordon is worth 4/80, Dragic's skill set can be duplicated for 7mill per. 

Dragic @ 4/80 mill is a joke right?

It's hard for me to determine his worth. Had a player got hurt and he become an All-Star last year or had he become one this year, he would have a argument for a max contract, but he didn't so I'd say $10-$12 million would be a good range (including his age)

It depends on how high the cap shoots up

People make it seem like it's going to be drastic
I agree with you here.

That multi Billion Dollar TV deal is only going to bleed over onto player salaries so much. KD type contracts may go upwards of 30/40/50 million per but, it will stop there.

Not everyone is eating. Profits don't get passed like that.. Years out for increases across the board.

Dragic @ 4/80 mill is a joke right?

It's hard for me to determine his worth. Had a player got hurt and he become an All-Star last year or had he become one this year, he would have a argument for a max contract, but he didn't so I'd say $10-$12 million would be a good range (including his age)

$12mil? Nope

He will get paid based on the cap being $85-92mil in 2016.

$15-17mil is the value of Dragic. Which even at $66mil cap is the max for a player with 6 or less years experience.

And at $85-92mil cap he's making only 17% of the cap space. Which is less than any max deal for any player.

It likely settles around Hayward's 4 / $65, maybe a couple million more.

Last edited:
Sam Amick :pimp:

Lakers fans and Rockets fans would welcome Dragic. But damn man. Breaking the bank for this dude is kinda scary.

Lakers and Knicks need to give him his 115 million and get this over with. I don't need the Rockets gutting the team to get him. Dragic wants to get paid and be the only player on the team, so those 2 are the best choices.

Last edited:
How funny would it be if the Lakers trade for Dragic and they end up winning enough games just to see Phoenix take their lottery pick?

LOL. this man knows, guess he went.back.to.Camel NO filters
roll.gif

Wouldnt trading for Dragic and then maxing him kill all the Westbrook pipe dreams? He's not going anywhere where he has to play off the ball and maxing a 30 year old player who is not in the "Elite" echelon of players (which includes like five people) seems kind of iffy even with the incoming cap increase.

Dragic just wanna go somewhere where he is the guy.

People called Phoenix stupid for brining in 3 guys who are starters playing the same position when they did it, not surprising at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom