The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is coming from a die hard Suns fan, Goran Dragic is not worth 15-20 mil a year.  He is insane.  Best choice for Suns is to trade him.  I would be pissed if Dragic got that kind of money. 

Eric Bledsoe is about to shine now.  20 pts, 9 asts, 5 rebs average as main guy.  

This is coming from a die hard Suns fan, Goran Dragic is not worth 15-20 mil a year.  He is insane.  Best choice for Suns is to trade him.  I would be pissed if Dragic got that kind of money. 

Eric Bledsoe is about to shine now.  20 pts, 9 asts, 5 rebs average as main guy.  

nice avy

Well he knows the cap is gonna explode can't even be mad at him.

"The Dragon's fire has turned toward the Suns organization.

Goran Dragic, the closest thing to a face of the franchise for the Suns, wants to be traded by Thursday's 1 p.m. deadline, according to multiple league sources after the parties met Tuesday.

Dragic has lost trust in the Suns organization because they have brought in two other point guards, Eric Bledsoe and Isaiah Thomas, and reduced his playmaking role since he returned to Phoenix during free agency in 2012 to be Steve Nash's heir apparent.

The Suns, who traded Dragic in 2011, traded for Bledsoe in 2013 when he was one of the most-sought trade commodities and created a dual-playmaker backcourt. Dragic thrived when Bledsoe missed half of the season and they ultimately found chemistry for a 48-win season.

Dragic was content in that set-up but the addition of another starting-quality point guard in Thomas has put Dragic almost exclusively off the ball no matter if Thomas or Bledsoe are paired with him or if the Suns are in a three-point-guard lineup.

Even if the Suns traded Thomas, Dragic's mind appears to be set on leaving Phoenix in July free agency. A change of heart has not been ruled out but is portrayed as doubtful because Dragic's camp considers the perceived breach of trust to be irrevocable.

Dragic, who championed the Suns resigning Bledsoe last April, wants to be able to run his own team.

As many as eight teams have expressed interest in trading for Dragic, who has expressed his own interest in going to Indiana, Miami, New York or the Los Angeles Lakers. The Suns' ability to make a deal will not be helped by Dragic's stance or contract situation. Dragic will opt out of his current deal after this season and be an unrestricted free agent."

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sport...ason/23595011/

If I were the Suns I'd cut his little brother just to piss him off 
laugh.gif

All of these "overpaid" arguments aren't going to mean much when the max contracts blow up in 2016. Having an near All-Star PG for around 15 mil will be a bargain.

All the trades simmons was tryna clown seem realistic to me. The suns have no leverage and he's about to be 30

Last edited:
All of these "overpaid" arguments aren't going to mean much when the max contracts blow up in 2016. Having an near All-Star PG for around 15 mil will be a bargain.

Not if he's 30 and your team isn't close to winning anything

Not if he's 30 and your team isn't close to winning anything

Well the Knicks and Lakers both need pieces, he would be a great piece assuming you can land a star next to him (KD, Russ) in the next couple years. The length of the deals being shorterm than in the past minimizes some of the risk as well. There aren't many all star caliber PGs that will hit the market this summer as everyone is saving space for the summer of KD and the summer of Russ the following season.

I wouldn't mind it as a Laker fan seeing as Kobe of off the books after next year. They'll have plenty of money to go after both KD and Russ even with a max Dragic and assuming Kobe goes through his career rebirth at a lower price.

The Knicks would be more tricky because with Melo on the books for 25+ mil, it restricts what they could put around Melo, Dragic, top 5 pick and let's say KD. That's 85+ million even with the higher protected cap. KD's max should start between 25-27 mil I believe.

Well the Knicks and Lakers both need pieces, he would be a great piece assuming you can land a star next to him (KD, Russ) in the next couple years. The length of the deals being shorterm than in the past minimizes some of the risk as well. There aren't many all star caliber PGs that will hit the market this summer as everyone is saving space for the summer of KD and the summer of Russ the following season.

I wouldn't mind it as a Laker fan seeing as Kobe of off the books after next year. They'll have plenty of money to go after both KD and Russ even with a max Dragic and assuming Kobe goes through his career rebirth at a lower price.

The Knicks would be more tricky because with Melo on the books for 25+ mil, it restricts what they could put around Melo, Dragic, top 5 pick and let's say KD. That's 85+ million even with the higher protected cap. KD's max should start between 25-27 mil I believe.

If you guys think you could land another player with KD then go for it if not you are stuck with an aging Pg who's prime doesn't match the prime of your would be core.

Age doesn't really matter if he's still am effective player for the length of the deal. He's not a PG that relies on his athleticism so he should be fine. And you need vets on any team that can contribute to win there hasn't been a team of young bucks that's even sniffed the finals outside of OKC.

As a Lakers fan I want and don't want Dragic. I want him, because he's a solid fringe All-Star PG and a great potential 3rd star, however I don't want him, because if we trade for him, we may win games and fall behind in tanking for the top pick this year :lol:

That's what they need to do to win tho. They don't have a single past first guard on that team and two of the best scorers in the game. Hence why they always revert to one on one basketball.

Despite the fact they were losing it was actually interesting seeing them play without WB and Durant because they actually *gasp* ran plays.

But as soon they come back everyone goes brain dead and then they add god awful Waiters and bench Jackson.

Makes zero sense.
I don't really think you need a pass first point guard to win. Past 10 years have shown that.

A pass first point guard just isn't going to magically make the team better. There's a bunch of different factors at play. You also have to take into account that Russell Westbrook is going yo be the primary ballhandler anyway.
No team is ever going to put Westbrook on the floor and not have him on the ball.

He gets the blunt of blame for their lack of a championship and it's a bit unfair. He could have been Magic Johnson and they still would have gotten dragged by the Heat.
You could have just said what's Turquoise and quit. I didn't mark out your post because it sucked. Your post was correctness at the PER of 101%.

I think I've recognized the "KD soft" and "Russ be  wilding" talk  as, people who are mad they play together and for OKC, instead of their City.

edit:
wink.gif
Thunder Up

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom