The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
WB holds the ball knowing that all these young guards want to prove themselves by getting a steal, forcing him to shoot instead of drive, all these things. WB also knows that these young guards can't hold him one-on-one. Help comes, WB waits for an opening. Pass, Drive, Shoot.

He's really not a good pg? You guys really think he doesn't expect help to come and if it comes too late, which it usually does, he attacks. If it comes early, he passes willingly. It's not that KD can't score, but if he gives the ball to KD early, it forces him to try and create which is he good at, but not great at. Which is why WB is the pg to help set him up.

it's crazy that 3 of the top PGs in the L, Curry, RW and Dame, weren't highly recruited out of HS.

Last edited:
I thought last year Reggie Jackson could be an average starting point guard after watching him this year I don't think he's that good anymore.

Shmurda going to Miami.

Reggie
Wade
Deng
Bosh
Whiteside

I like that in the East.
Kevin Pelton suggested a Isaiah Thomas and Gerald Green for Luol Deng trade the other day, which I liked a lot.

Last edited:
You would think that Westbrook isnt the 5th/6th best player in the league the way his game gets picked apart by people.

I'm a huge Kobe fan but he wasn't really facilating back in the day

There's a difference between handling the ball all that time therefore you are going to get some assists and actually facilating, as in setting up easy looks for your teammates

When I see Westbrook that's what see
So drawing attention and hitting the open man isn't facilitating, or being the playmaker on every team he's been on isn't facilitating? What's going on here today. 

When I watch Kobe and Westbrook, I believe when they get the ball they are thinking about how they can attack to the defense to get create their own shot. Passing the ball seems to be the last option

As oppose to a pure facilitator who attacks the defense to try get the best possible shot for their teammates

Its not a knock

I love the way both guys play but I dont really think their main focus is facilitating

Last edited:
You would think that Westbrook isnt the 5th/6th best player in the league the way his game gets picked apart by people.
It's because he's not a traditional PG who takes shots from golden boy Durant but I think anyone can recognize Russ is practically the engine on that squad. The more aggressive he is the better OKC usually do.

happy.gif
just because i know why this makes you happy, i'm going to point out that of this group chris paul has the lowest turnover percentage.
well to be fair, most of his minutes are not played durring crucial moments in close playoff games 

crawford being shop huh 

His name always comes up around this time of year. I think its more the Clippers are willing to entertain offers for him. I don't get the sense they're actively shopping him. My gut tells me he's still with the Clips after the deadline.

Last edited:

but but but I thought this was a clippers town now? 
Come on, man. You know nobody with any sense actually claims that.

But where's this double the ratings thing coming from? Hadn't heard that.

Edit - found the article http://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-lakers-clippers-ratings-20150218-story.html

Notably, the article says that the current gap between Lakers and Clippers TV ratints is the lowest its ever been.
youd be surprised how brave some of these clipper fans are 

its the selfie era right now...

U have an allstar mvp, last years mvp, ibaka, and reggie jackson, and ur struggling to be the 8th seed?

guys gotta play man in thr miller and look at what they can do to evolve their game. tha means kd needs to post up more anf have wb preserve his VVTI.

welps,.no care, would rather see their faces after being mathematically done.

KD and Russ were gone for the first 2 months of the season though. No way they're missing the playoffs.

youd be surprised how brave some of these clipper fans are 
its the selfie era right now...

I am a Clippers fan and the other real (i.e. non-bandwagon) Clippers fans I know recognize LA is a Lakers town and likely always will be. In fact, there's a lot of Clippers fans who root for the team because of that. Anyone claiming LA is a Clippers town probably only became a fan in 2010 or after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom