The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well for one, I don't think it is as black and white as

A. Want to win

B. Don't want to win

He can want to win, but since he has been part of 4 contending teams (2 rings), he is saying that winning is no longer his #1 priority.

Pop in NBA 2K. Go to Association Mode. Each player has ambitions. 

Play for Winner

Financial Security

Loyalty To Team

It is a pie chart. 100% divided into 3 options.

Bosh no longer view, PFW as his #1 goal. He already graduated from that part of his career because of his success.

He wants to win, just not as important as it was 4 years ago.

Hope that makes sense.

Alright yall can say i jumped on the Reggie Jackson comment and said that premature

But Chris Bosh to me def seems like he said hes tired of winning in every way with that statement, if you disagree tell me what you think he meant instead of flat out saying you disagree
If Halle Berry and Nia Long were naked in your room and you only had the choice of picking one. If you pick Nia, that doesn't mean you don't want Halle. It just means you don't want her AS MUCH AS you want Nia.

So, not black and whit

You guys are aware that you can still try and win on your current team -- even though the odds are lesser than ring chasing to a team more setup to win right away -- right?

Some of you better start sticking up for Ray Allen now if this is how you really feel about Bosh wanting to stay put.

Judging just to judge. :smh:

Not #1 option figures. What was his percentage. What was the thunder record. He's better when he does less

Eric Bledsoe is putting up those same numbers. He's only 24, there's room for improvement and tangible things he can do well.

We've seen him step up in the playoffs before as well. There's no KD or RW level star on the Knicks nor Lakers, he'll have much more free reign to grow.

Last edited:
I fully get you now, but the thing is PFW went from very important to not important, and financial security became the very important

I said he doesnt care about winning because at the end of the day he is financially secure no matter if he went to Houston or stayed in Miami, so i see it as he just doesnt care bout winning

And he left Toronto to win so he cant be that loyal after all

All im saying he could of played for a winner and maintained his financial security

I fully get you now, but the thing is PFW went from very important to not important, and financial security became the very important

I said he doesnt care about winning because at the end of the day he is financially secure no matter if he went to Houston or stayed in Miami, so i see it as he just doesnt care bout winning

And he left Toronto to win so he cant be that loyal after all

All im saying he could of played for a winner and maintained his financial security
But he doesn't feel like moving his family.

But Chris Bosh to me def seems like he said hes tired of winning in every way with that statement, if you disagree tell me what you think he meant instead of flat out saying you disagree

He was tired after going to four consecutive Finals, not tired of actually winning. to say he was tired of winning is preposterous. And if that's how you interpreted his comments, then I don't know what to say.

After playing the equivalent of an entire extra season over four years of playoffs, Bosh looked at Houston (new team, new system, toughest division in the tougher conference) and said "nah, I'm good". He said he believed in Pat Riley being able to put together a team that could be competitive in the East.

Edit: forgot the family angle. He wanted them all to stay where he'd established his family. Again, after four consecutive Finals, these become important factors.

Last edited:
Eric Bledsoe is putting up those same numbers. He's only 24, there's room for improvement and tangible things he can do well.

We've seen him step up in the playoffs before as well. There's no KD or RW level star on the Knicks nor Lakers, he'll have much more free reign to grow.

Reggie was shooting something like 40% from the field and under 30% from 3 without kd/russ. His efficiency has gone up since brooks cut his playing time. He is what he is, a role player at best

Last edited:
Just cause Reggie wants to start doesn't mean he wants to be #1 option.

I thought that was obvious but I guess not. You never know what a young player is going to do when they get that opportunity to shoulder more of the load. Beard just proved that. Bledsoe to a lesser extent as well. Doesn't mean they can carry a team by themselves but they can definitely be all star type players.

Completely understand where bosh is coming from, you know how exhausting 4 finals runs must have been...

But even more then that the criticism he faced in Miami being the third option getting blamed for anything that went wrong and likely would have been in the same situation in Houston...

Not saying I would have made the same choice but I get it

If Bosh doesnt feel like moving his fam he shoulda just came out and said that, regardless of what he meant he came out and said it in the worst way

If Bosh doesnt feel like moving his fam he shoulda just came out and said that, regardless of what he meant he came out and said it in the worst way

It was pretty clear at the time that it was a deciding factor. He'd established his family in Miami. Got married while he was there. Had kids while he was there. We didn't need an official statement.

Its funny as hell to see what you guys pick and choose to defend :lol: :smh:

Let those same comments come out of Bron's mouth and ya would be ready to have his head on a pole.

The real question should've been if MIA and Houston offered the same deal, which team would he have picked. If I remember correctly, Bosh was on his way out the door until MIA offered that 5th year.

But THAT wasn't his ONLY reason for not going to HOU.

Reasons

1. Grueling to start the "ring chasing" process all over again

2. Didn't want to move his family

I think what he said and how he said it made perfect sense. Unreasonable fans will be the only ones that get on him for what he said

Just cause Reggie wants to start doesn't mean he wants to be #1 option.

“I don’t think about ever coming off the bench for any team. If that’s the role I’m put in, that’s what I’m put in. But since the day I thought about playing in the NBA, I’ve always been a starter. Everything I’ve thought about, whether it be middle school, high school, kids leagues, I never envisioned coming off the bench….
“For some people (starting is) important. To others it’s not. It’s very prideful for me. I feel like I’m very talented. I feel like I can lead a team. That’s just how I’ve been raised and that’s just how I’ve always felt. I want to be the guy in charge. I want to be the guy leading the team. The head of the snake.”

Pretty cut and dry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom