The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, except for the part about being one of the greatest passers we've ever seen and having unbelievable court vision? 

Yea because he was already that his second year. :lol:

He was a big PG with great passing/rebounding who couldn't shoot worth a damn except he didn't play on a D-League team.

Sounds like MCW to me, their numbers are pretty much even even assist %.

I'm not saying he's going to be Kidd but he has the tools that he had and now has him for a coach on a really good young team, it ain't that far fetched.

He needs a shooting coach though.

"As one of our veteran guys told our young guys yesterday, 'Hey, listen, when KG walks in the locker room your phones better be tucked away, because if they're not, they're going to get thrown in the toilet on game night,' " Saunders noted.

Whoa.

"He changed their culture," Saunders said of Garnett's time with the Boston Celtics. "Doc (Rivers) told me that. They had veteran players and everything else, but when he went in the locker room, the music was cut off and everything."

why do i picture deing piecing up KG for trying him with his phone :lol:

Grizz probably going to end up with Kenyon Martin :x

I wish Jon Leuer would just step his damn game up and play the way he was last season. I don't know if he's afraid of the big moment or what. Shawne Williams would be another good option, but he definitely needs to stay far away from Memphis. He gets into too much trouble whenever he's here.

Unless CP3 has an absolutely spectacular game, I think you guys got us tonight. Marc is a very tough match up for DJ, so I don't think he's going to have another big performance tonight. Plus, TA has shown that he can pretty well lock Crawford up. We're not going to have a good answer for Z Bo either, so it falls on CP to make up the difference. I don't see it happening. But who knows? Glad you guys had tough game last night .

"As one of our veteran guys told our young guys yesterday, 'Hey, listen, when KG walks in the locker room your phones better be tucked away, because if they're not, they're going to get thrown in the toilet on game night,' " Saunders noted.

Whoa.

"He changed their culture," Saunders said of Garnett's time with the Boston Celtics. "Doc (Rivers) told me that. They had veteran players and everything else, but when he went in the locker room, the music was cut off and everything."

why do i picture deing piecing up KG for trying him with his phone :lol:

I pray this happens to Pekovic.

Is Jennings the only successful "skip college and play overseas until the draft" player right now? Jeremy Tyler failed. Did anyone else try this route? :nerd:

J Kidd going to sneak MCW into the top 10 three pointers made list :nerd:

87 down, 1,673 to go to catch Peja

Last edited:
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-bas

"They tried to test my character" - Jackson

Jackson saw his minutes decrease in Oklahoma City and wanted a chance to lead a team. Van Gundy is giving him that chance, and he couldn't be happier about it. He's often talked publicly about his desire to be a starter and an elite player, which was not going to happen with the Thunder. After playing well next to Russell Westbrook in the playoffs last season, he became his backup again this year. Dion Waiters' arrival took even morer time away from him. Jackson didn't like being portrayed as a malcontent, and he was overcome by emotion when the trade happened, via Yahoo Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski:

"You're my point guard," the president and coach of the Pistons said, and soon they hung up, and Reggie Jackson crumpled and started to sob. He couldn't stop. He cried and cried and cried. And, now, 24 hours later, Jackson was on the phone with a reporter, and it was happening again.

"I've always dreamed about this, and I was never sure it would happen," Jackson told Yahoo Sports. "Stan believes in me, in the leader that I can be. He believes in the player that I can be, and I've always imagined having a coach like this, an opportunity like this, in the NBA."

"It wasn't easy this year, to go to bed at night and think about how you're considered the problem and each and every day, people testing your character. …I couldn't walk last year, couldn't go to sleep without taking pills for my back and I gave them everything I had there.

"And then, to have people tarnish your name … it just means so much to have someone finally believe in you. I'm Stan's point guard now, and I want that responsibility. He can cuss me out in the film room, do whatever he needs to do for this team and me, because at least now I have control on the court. That's all I ever wanted."

After the Pistons' 100-91 win over the Chicago Bulls, Jackson (who didn't play) reiterated that he didn't like how he was portrayed during the end of his time with the Thunder, via the Detroit Free Press' Vince Ellis:

"It's annoying that people can test your character," the new Pistons point guard said in his first comments to the Detroit media following tonight's 100-91 victory over the Chicago Bulls. "Nobody understands the days that I didn't play as a rookie. I'd get up at 2 a.m., drive 30 minutes to check on a teammate to try to make sure his head's focused.

"There were a bunch of sacrifices I felt like I made so to be pointed out as the bad guy? I don't know if anybody realizes it, in 14 minutes I can try to help change the game, but I can't necessarily win the game. It's like everybody expected me to change the culture by being in there for 10 minutes. I don't get it, but I'm past it now. I can't focus on it now, I got to
put it behind me. I'm happy I have a fresh slate here and I'm just trying to make something special with these group of guys. Everybody looks like they're happy for each other's success."

It's been clear for a while that Jackson's tenure in OKC was drawing to a close. In retrospect, it probably would've been better for both him and the Thunder if he'd been moved before the season started, à la James Harden in 2012. Now, though, he's more than motivated to produce over the next few months. If he can help propel the Pistons to the playoffs, people won't worry so much about how things ended in Oklahoma City. And it sure sounds like his new team is happy to have him.

There are 3 sides to every story. I'm sure Reggie played his part in being the "bad guy", but I fail to believe he was the only one.

Is Jennings the only successful "skip college and play overseas until the draft" player right now? Jeremy Tyler failed. Did anyone else try this route? :nerd:
think so. Mudiay looks like he could be very similar to if not better than brandon jennings

The one reason why I have a lot of respect for Reggie is because of Game 4. Without him, OKC would have been done. He sucked the 1st 3 games of that series, but that was a crazy performance he put on in Game 4. And you can tell he put a lot into that performance considering his reaction after the game (or maybe he's just a cry baby :lol: ). But, Durant and Russ combined for 11-45. Durant was sobbing and Russ was getting frustrated. It kinda sucks that he won a series for them, while Perk basically hurts them more than he helps in most big games. :lol:

Last edited:

I feel like it's just Jennings... Emmanuel Mudiay should be next up. Philly clearing MCW out to me seems like they're really liking him to pair with Embiid whenever he get healthy.

It's only a matter of time until NBA starts throwing some real salaries at these guys right out of HS to put them in the D-League. Would be tough for these kids coming from nothing to turn down a $100K salary to hoop.

Yeah I don't fully believe Reggie was the out and out bad guy here. That vine with Westbrook and Lamb alone says it all :lol:

It was basically role players vs. stars.

Last edited:
Is Jennings the only successful "skip college and play overseas until the draft" player right now? Jeremy Tyler failed. Did anyone else try this route?
nerd.gif
They're the only ones who did it...along w/ Mudiay.

I feel like it's just Jennings... Emmanuel Mudiay should be next up. Philly clearing MCW out to me seems like they're really liking him to pair with Embiid whenever he get healthy.

It's only a matter of time until NBA starts throwing some real salaries at these guys right out of HS to put them in the D-League. Would be tough for these kids coming from nothing to turn down a $100K salary to hoop.

I get what you're saying but DLeaguers barely making 20K right now, ain't no way in hell the NBA gonna start offering players 100K :lol:

I get what you're saying but DLeaguers barely making 20K right now, ain't no way in hell the NBA gonna start offering players 100K
laugh.gif
Why wouldn't they? They certainly have the money.

The plan long term is for the NBDL to serve the same purpose to the NBA as Minor Leagues do for the MLB.

They haven't yet...because it would pretty much be the end of the NCAA as we know it. But best believe they can.

If every team had their own D-League affiliate and could scout and negotiate with HS players...college basketball would be in trouble.

Last edited:
The one reason why I have a lot of respect for Reggie is because of Game 4. Without him, OKC would have been done. He sucked the 1st 3 games of that series, but that was a crazy performance he put on in Game 4. And you can tell he put a lot into that performance considering his reaction after the game (or maybe he's just a cry baby
laugh.gif
). But, Durant and Russ combined for 11-45. Durant was sobbing and Russ was getting frustrated. It kinda sucks that he won a series for them, while Perk basically hurts them more than he helps in most big games.
laugh.gif
whoa whoa whoa.. we all know who won that series.. please show respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom