The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get what you're saying but DLeaguers barely making 20K right now, ain't no way in hell the NBA gonna start offering players 100K :lol:

Why wouldn't they? They certainly have the money.

The plan long term is for the NBDL to serve the same purpose to the NBA as Minor Leagues do for the MLB.

They haven't yet...because it would pretty much be the end of the NCAA as we know it. But best believe they can.

If every team had their own D-League affiliate and could scout and negotiate with HS players...college basketball would be in trouble.

BINGO

I get what you're saying but DLeaguers barely making 20K right now, ain't no way in hell the NBA gonna start offering players 100K :lol:

The plan long term is for the NBDL to serve the same purpose to the NBA as Minor Leagues do for the MLB.

They haven't yet...because it would pretty much be the end of the NCAA as we know it. But best believe they can.

If every team had their own D-League affiliate and could scout and negotiate with HS players...college basketball would be in trouble.

They definitely can, but like you said at the end that would pretty much eliminate college basketball. I don't think the NBA wants to take that route any time soon. If they did, they wouldn't be pushing this 2 years in college rule.

Unless they're gonna start making kids choose, 2 years of college ball or NBDL.

Last edited:
What's gonna happen to B.Jennings now that Reggie is there?

I believe Westbrook is super dominant in the locker room. Moreso than Durant. Durant and Westbrook will split, definitely. Just because of shared spotlight.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-bas

"They tried to test my character" - Jackson

Jackson saw his minutes decrease in Oklahoma City and wanted a chance to lead a team. Van Gundy is giving him that chance, and he couldn't be happier about it. He's often talked publicly about his desire to be a starter and an elite player, which was not going to happen with the Thunder. After playing well next to Russell Westbrook in the playoffs last season, he became his backup again this year. Dion Waiters' arrival took even morer time away from him.
There are 3 sides to every story. I'm sure Reggie played his part in being the "bad guy", but I fail to believe he was the only one.
Morer? 

I believe Westbrook is super dominant in the locker room. Moreso than Durant. Durant and Westbrook will split, definitely. Just because of shared spotlight.
they say it in the previous story posted.. the lockroom was split into 'russ, kd and ibaka' and then it was 'reggie, lamb and PJ3'

I don't think I'm going out on a limb and saying lamb and pj3 are going to be out of okc come the offseason

They definitely can, but like you said at the end that would pretty much eliminate college basketball. I don't think the NBA wants to take that route any time soon. If they did, they wouldn't be pushing this 2 years in college rule.

I think it's gonna come down to the NBPL and the league agreeing to box out the NCAA. The idea of an age limit floating around is already getting some push-back from Michelle Roberts.

At the end of the day the NCAA is a free venue for talent evaluation and skills development, education my *** they're BANKING on these kids with every ticket sold. Meanwhile the NBA can market future talent once again for free and lengthen the exploitation with a new age limit. it also doesn't help that this present group of NBA players like Lebron and the rest of them have had no problem selling out the younger generation of NBA talent as long as they get paid.

I think things will eventually change though. You see how guys are breaking down every year. KD has a screw in his damn foot right now. Careers getting shorter and shorter. Players need to capitalize on their talent AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. NCAA has gotten the ultimate cash cow for decades now but nothing lasts forever

Last edited:

I think KD and Russ like playing with each other though. Like someone said earlier, the rift seemed to be between the stars and role players. Mainly Jackson, Jones and Lamb. Reggie seemed like the sour apple. I'm sure KD and Russ weren't innocent, but once you have that kind of tension..compounded by injuries and losses, that lockeroom s*** can take a toll. Reggie been wanted the shine. I'm sure this woulda happened with Harden too.

dude had to sit out for a bit while he re-upped on his supply
Dude ain't had 1 damn injury in 10 years in the league. HGH shreds fat and is huge for recovery. How many lbs did Lebron lose over the off season? Bout 20 or so? Age 30. Yup sounds bout right.

I don't get it man he's been playing in the summers to aside from last yr Olympics how are you not hurt for a significant amount of time....like I'm looking at KD now and all the great players in the league now and even years ago dudes be missing games this guy Bron might miss a week if that and still go ham for months and yrs straight something ain't right....

The commissioners are pushing for that.

The players don't want that AT ALL.

It's all about money. It has nothing to do w/ quality of the league or none of that **** they try to sell you.

If the NBDL were a true minor league...it would completely bankroll and century old revenue stream for ALOT of people. They have not power NOT to let that happen with the flick of a wrist.

"Salaries remain flat: $25,500, $19,000 and $13,000 for the league's three player classifications, which means D-League players are virtually playing for free"
:x

I think it's gonna come down to the NBPL and the league agreeing to box out the NCAA. The idea of an age limit floating around is already getting some push-back from Michelle Roberts.

At the end of the day the NCAA is a free venue for talent evaluation and skills development, education my *** they're BANKING on these kids with every ticket sold. Meanwhile the NBA can market future talent once again for free and lengthen the exploitation with a new age limit. it also doesn't help that this present group of NBA players like Lebron and the rest of them have had no problem selling out the younger generation of NBA talent as long as they get paid.

I think things will eventually change though. You see how guys are breaking down every year. KD has a screw in his damn foot right now. Careers getting shorter and shorter. Players need to capitalize on their talent AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. NCAA has gotten the ultimate cash cow for decades now but nothing lasts forever

The commissioners are pushing for that.

The players don't want that AT ALL.

It's all about money. It has nothing to do w/ quality of the league or none of that **** they try to sell you.

If the NBDL were a true minor league...it would completely bankroll and century old revenue stream for ALOT of people. They have not power NOT to let that happen with the flick of a wrist.

Very good points fellas.

"Salaries remain flat: $25,500, $19,000 and $13,000 for the league's three player classifications, which means D-League players are virtually playing for free"

When I saw that :wow: .... I didn't believe it until my dude showed me his game check :x :smh:

Last edited:

When I saw that :wow: .... I didn't believe it until my dude showed me his game check :x :smh:

thats a season ?

mean.gif
 Vonleh was the one reacting on the bench.....come on kid

I don't get it man he's been playing in the summers to aside from last yr Olympics how are you not hurt for a significant amount of time....like I'm looking at KD now and all the great players in the league now and even years ago dudes be missing games this guy Bron might miss a week if that and still go ham for months and yrs straight something ain't right....
Have noticed the same thing myself. Couldn't agree more. Very strange. And it's never brought up much in the media either. Dude must just be the most durable athlete of all time to play in the NBA or NFL and MLB for that matter.
Edit: LeBron dropped 50 lbs in 2 months this offseason.

Last edited:
You see how guys are breaking down every year. KD has a screw in his damn foot right now. Careers getting shorter and shorter. Players need to capitalize on their talent AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. NCAA has gotten the ultimate cash cow for decades now but nothing lasts forever

Idk about careers getting shorter and shorter. Seem to be longer to me. The '03 guys are still playing at a super high level. They're in their 12th year in the league. To put that into perspective..bird and Magic played like 10 years. Barkley 13. Jordan retired after 9 years and played like 14 years in total.

That's why the majority of those guys go overseas and make 6 figures. :lol:

Honestly, I would do the same for a while until I could save up enough to go play in the D-League. The D-League definitely wouldn't be my 1st choice right out of college if I went undrafted or whatever. Imagine the NBA guys that get sent down to the D-League making those 6-7 figure salaries. :lol: Dudes probably be hating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom