The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to see the D league turn into a real minor league for the nba 

Me too, it would be a far better judge of NBA talent then the NCAA game which is played terribly in my opinion and all the rule differences are just stupid.

Surprised you guys havent heard about how the D League Operates. 

In lighter notes, heres Klay Thompshons Brother.
mychal-thompson-tri.jpg

seent

"As one of our veteran guys told our young guys yesterday, 'Hey, listen, when KG walks in the locker room your phones better be tucked away, because if they're not, they're going to get thrown in the toilet on game night,' " Saunders noted.

Brian Shaw could use K.G. in Denver with their cell phone situation...

Talking about D-League salaries made me wonder about the structure of a 10-day contract.

http://www.ridiculousupside.com/201...rning-power-associated-with-a-10-day-contract

Last season, there were 49 total call-ups from the D-League to the NBA. Some of these were duplicates as there were only 37 players involved in these call-ups. What is this 10-day contract worth? The answer is, it varies based on length of time spent in the league, however the salary is based off a pro-rated formula that is relatively easy to follow. Players are paid 1/170th of the minimum NBA salary, again based off of their tenure. Multiply the 1/170th figure by 10 for the number of days and you get the salary a player receives for their time.

So for the 2013-14 season, the 10-day call-up amounts were approximately $28,834 for a rookie, $46,404 for a player with one year experience, $52,017 for a player with at least two years experience, and in the event that there was a player with 10 or more years of experience, they would receive a 10-day contract valued at $82,324.

That's really pretty good if you can play less than a month (2 10-day contracts) and make around $56K as a rookie. Take your chances on possibly being signed to a deal for the rest of the season.

Last edited:
deez ninjas twins

Except for their jumpers, apparently. Or else Mychel wouldn't be in the D-League. I noticed Blake's brother is on the same team. They need to get Seth Curry on there too, so they can have all the less talented siblings of NBA stars.

Dudes must be close to tears when they get called up, probably go grocery shopping and throw away the ramen they been living on.

Except for their jumpers, apparently. Or else Mychel wouldn't be in the D-League. I noticed Blake's brother is on the same team. They need to get Seth Curry on there too, so they can have all the less talented siblings of NBA stars.

Klay other brother been in White Sox minors forever.

kg would get the hands. idgaf. i'd sweep that ***** legs lol.

what happened to mehmet okur?

"As one of our veteran guys told our young guys yesterday, 'Hey, listen, when KG walks in the locker room your phones better be tucked away, because if they're not, they're going to get thrown in the toilet on game night,' " Saunders noted.

Brian Shaw could use K.G. in Denver with their cell phone situation...
what cell situation?

Reported a couple of Thursday's ago on TNT when the Lakers and Nuggets played that game that was one of the lowest watched in a while:

During a sideline report from TNT's Rachel Nichols at the Nuggets' road matchup with the Los Angeles Lakers Tuesday, she mentioned that Shaw is reading books in an attempt relate to millennials. Nichols also noted that Shaw is known for taking away players' cellphones during film study

Shaw gonna get fired b, dude can't be serious.

Reading books to relate to millennials? You ain't 60 fam, older coaches ain't even having these problems.

George Karl can quote Gucci Mane but you over here reading books like a grandfather who has his daughters' kids for the weekend.

#freenurkic

23,000 is on the low side but 40,000 for the senior players if that's after taxes is all right

Especially since the season is pretty short. You're not working all year. And you're getting paid to play ball, with a chance of going to the big leagues

Reading books to relate to millennials? You ain't 60 fam, older coaches ain't even having these problems.

George Karl can quote Gucci Mane but you over here reading books like a grandfather who has his daughters' kids for the weekend.

#freenurkic

great post. hilarious. and very true. shaw wilin yo, son 48 talm bout what is dat dere internetter thingamajig

Last edited:

#freenurkic

when did this happen...the quoting of gucci

Last edited:

Nba 1st team all state farm 2015 :pimp:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom