The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
when is his contract with the Bulls running out?
It's a shame that someone who was considered as a future hall of famer in 2011 now becomes a burden for a team.
With a performance absence of almost 3 straight years and having signed quite a good contract the Bulls management
surely started to think about building a championship without Rose.
Better not let Jimmy Butler go.

Either they build around Jimmy/Gasol(speaking of Pau how old is he?)
Or it's time to start looking to rebuild

How does that work? How does Dejuan Blair have NO ACLs and still get up and down the court? Hell I saw him running last night

You don't need ACLs to play sports. ACL reconstruction is probably the most overused and most times unnecessary surgeries in sports medicine. Your hamstrings provide the majority of the stability of the knee, and weaknesses of the hamstrings are one of the main causes for ACL ruptures.

As far as Rose is concerned, it probably wasnt the smartest thing to not saying anything back in December. He couldve taken a few weeks off and been ok, but he may of done more damage than that was initially done. Depending on the severity it can be anywhere from 6 weeks to 4-6months. 6 weeks is the minimum and best case scenario.

How does that work? How does Dejuan Blair have NO ACLs and still get up and down the court? Hell I saw him running last night

As far as Rose is concerned, it probably wasnt the smartest thing to not saying anything back in December. He couldve taken a few weeks off and been ok, but he may of done more damage than that was initially done. Depending on the severity it can be anywhere from 6 weeks to 4-6months. 6 weeks is the minimum and best case scenario.

You know how it is though fam, it's a pride thing, especially in his case when people are consistently clowning him and questioning his mental toughness. He probably felt like he had no choice but to at least try and fight through it.

Probably wasn't the smartest decision.

You know how it is though fam, it's a pride thing, especially in his case when people are consistently clowning him and questioning his mental toughness. He probably felt like he had no choice but to at least try and fight through it.

Probably wasn't the smartest decision.

I know, I hate that part of it because it affects what I'm trying to do, and then their progress. They could've lied about it to protect him, though. Or even to say "it's rest".

Didnt Blake Griffin have his removed?

Yes.

I found it interesting Blake recently said he doesn't dunk as much now in an attempt to conserve energy. I wonder if it's to protect himself from injury as well.

My first few years in the league, I was relying on my athleticism to get me by, because that’s what got me to the NBA. The problem with that is, you end up getting really, really tired by February. My rookie year I tried to get out of bed on a road trip near the end of the season and I was like, Am I physically able to walk right now? I went out on the floor that night and ran up and down just trying to look like a real NBA human.

Damn Rose. Another dude lost to injuries. I always thought it was corny when dudes would clown him for not playing. He's just one of those dudes that's injury prone. It just happens, ain't much you can do about it.

Last edited:
mean.gif
And our losing streak continues
frown.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif

Either they build around Jimmy/Gasol(speaking of Pau how old is he?)
Or it's time to start looking to rebuild
I've been praising Butler for the last few seasons. I think you could build around him. I haven't been able to watch much basketball this season so I'm trying to put in more of a concerted effort now, but to anyone in the Chicago area or anyone following the Bulls closely, what kind of potential do you see in Butler?

Rose has to change his style of play completely. I tore my ACL & meniscus & it's kinda of amazing that he was even able to keep up his style of play post surgery. I just hope the best for the guy, but he has to change it up.

I think he gets it removed. Or it's just wishful thinking and he comes back after 6 weeks. But at the end of the day just hope his spirits up. This gotta be rough... His career went 100 to 0 real quick in the blink of one hop step in 2012

You also have to take into account what this does to Rose not just for the sake of playing basketball, but also his future health. That tissue serves as cushion between the joints. Removing it leaves you with little or none at all and your left with that bone on bone contact so it’s only a matter of time before he starts feeling the impact of that which likely will result in arthritis.

Or at least that’s how I’ve come to understand it. Basketball isn’t thought of a sport that leaves a lifelong impact on players’ lives, but to be as young as Rose is and know what kind of challenges await you not just in your career but in life must be scary.

If I'm Rose, I'm not removing my meniscus. Long term health is much more important. The removal of the meniscus can cause eventual arthritis later on in life(told to my by my surgeon himself)

Rose has to change his style of play completely. I tore my ACL & meniscus & it's kinda of amazing that he was even able to keep up his style of play post surgery. I just hope the best for the guy, but he has to change it up.

Crazy thing is, he wasn't REALLY going that hard this year. He had it in spurts. As evident my his shooting percentage he was trying to take aLotve jumpers and it just wasn't working... Just got struck with a curse

Some cat I know, swear he like a Bulls insider or some ish cause he texts me injury updates a day before it comes public [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] just texted me that if he gets it removed he can be back before end of season, if he gets it repaired they talking about him coming back early 2nd round, said its nowhere as serious as what the media portraying. But that at the end of the day it's based on what Pooh wants to do on coming back this year or calling it a wrap until Opening Day in October. And based on that im guessing he shuts it down this season.

Last edited:
Well he’s made it clear that he values his long term health over his level of play with the comments he made last year about seeing his kids graduate and all that jazz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom