The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

I can't 
roll.gif

[Video]Derrick Rose Sinks Half-Court Shot to Beat Buzzer:

Step back jimmer from half court. WET :smh:

[Video]Derrick Rose Offense Highlights:

Glory days[/Video][/Video]

I don't think his career is over. It's a meniscal tear not an ACL. Last year he had it reattached so the healing took longer. It's not a career ending injury

I don't think his career is over. It's a meniscal tear not an ACL. Last year he had it reattached so the healing took longer. It's not a career ending injury
This injury itself may not be career ending but its clear his body can't keep up with the constant re-injuring. There's no point in playing if your body can't re-coup and you have to constantly go through surgery after surgery. Eventually the rest of his body is going to have to compensate and that could lead to other issues.

Last edited:
Its the University of Memphis curse my friends...

Dajuan Wagner
Penny Hardaway
Derrick Rose

Tyreke been battling through a lot of injuries, but he's holding on somewhat :lol: .

Is it really that far fetched? His season has ended with knee surgery three years in a row. If I were him I would think about hanging it up for good.
Right. Folks are always so damn critical of Stephen A. and Skip for that matter. Stephen A wasn't saying anything that wasn't already being thought by others.

SAS is a bird. He says whatever is in popular opinion. I can't say the man's career is OVER. Maybe he'll have a reduced role, but to say it's OVER is quite an exaggeration. (which happens to be SAS specialty)

His career isn't over but this Drose injury is going to be tough for the Chicago front office. I think they need to abandon hope that he can lead them to a Championship. The question is would Drose accept a secondary role?

SAS is a bird. He says whatever is in popular opinion. I can't say the man's career is OVER. Maybe he'll have a reduced role, but to say it's OVER is quite an exaggeration. (which happens to be SAS specialty)
If Stephen A always says the popular opinion why is he one of the most critized opinion makers? Stephen A is as good as they come at ESPN.

Last edited:
This injury itself may not be career ending but its clear his body can't keep up with the constant re-injuring. There's no point in playing if your body can't re-coup and you have to constantly go through surgery after surgery. Eventually the rest of his body is going to have to compensate and that could lead to other issues.

I understand, maybe it's time to reinvent his game :\

Feel bad for D Rose man... We have no clue what he is going through right now. This is his first love, and his livelihood. Its just sad man. Reminds me of Marcus Lattimore. 

This got to be stressful for him. Imagine having to go through rehab AGAIN for the 3rd time. :smh: You have to pretty strong mentally to handle it again. I know its easier to say this when not in his shoes, but I would take two full years off and get my mind off basketball. Work out some type of buyout with Chicago and make a return. If I get injured again after that, then I'll call it quits.

Right. Its not that this injury is particularly bad, its just the cumulative impact of all of his injuries. History shows that guys who go through this kind of stuff - Roy, Penny, Hill, etc. - are never the same and end up having shorter careers. And honestly, given the nature of his game and what made him great in his prime, I have trouble seeing Rose transforming himself into a role player the way Hill did.

Maybe Rose will prove me wrong, but the odds and history are not on his side.

Its the University of Memphis curse my friends...

Dajuan Wagner
Penny Hardaway
Derrick Rose

Tyreke been battling through a lot of injuries, but he's holding on somewhat :lol: .

One of these things does not belong. Tyreke.

Last edited:
Stephen A is as good as they come at ESPN.

That's not saying much tho, majority of ESPN reporters are trash, including SAS.

Like I said in the NFL thread, Stephen A. too busy trying to figure out what side of the fence he's on. One day he can relate to the "struggle" then the next day he's Company Steve playing the holier than thou, uppity brother role :smh:

At least Skip's trolling is consistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom