The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this ESPN talk, is Bill Simmons gone this summer or are they going to extend his contract? Haven't they also taken him off of the draft and finals pre and post game show? I have read that Grantland and his 30 for 30 stuff makes Disney alot of money since they are all under the same umbrella...

All this ESPN talk, is Bill Simmons gone this summer or are they going to extend his contract? Haven't they also taken him off of the draft and finals pre and post game show? I have read that Grantland and his 30 for 30 stuff makes Disney alot of money since they are all under the same umbrella...
He's creepy.  After he talks, he gives that look for a split second.  Can't make it out.

I liked Bill Simmons exponentially more before I heard him talk. 

DUDE!!!!! Me too! when he got on air and I saw how pouty he was with his co-anchors and how he hated on Cleveland so much I was just turned off from his work all together

View media item 1419858
hjlwcnlh58tfttlhwcgu.gif

http://deadspin.com/pouty-bill-simmons-wishes-somebody-would-let-him-talk-1590308811

Last edited:
question for fans on contending teams, would any of you guys want nick young on your team?

not as a trade, just trying to see if nick young would actually be worth having on a championship level team

nerd.gif

I dunno. Find him kind of annoying on Twitter. And how on ATH after he's done speaking he's kinda jaw dropped with a quizzical face for a couple of seconds. :lol:

This. He tryin to hard. Not everyone needs a go to face like skip bayless with the eyebrows. He ends every sentence the same way and then makes that dumb face

I still faux with Bomani tho. Hah

My team (rockets) would probably qualify as fools gold anyway but I'd like to contribute and say that I would not welcome Nick young but if my team was really bad and stinking it up I'd like him on my team

question for fans on contending teams, would any of you guys want nick young on your team?

not as a trade, just trying to see if nick young would actually be worth having on a championship level team

:nerd:

I would take him as long as he can produce at a similar level like he did last year...

38% 3PT
82% FT
16 PER
56% TS

Plus, we have the players to tone him down a little bit. I'll gladly take his athleticism and shooting ability on the Grizz. Also, when he got a chance to play in the playoffs with the Clippers, he produced.

In 11 games:

14 PER
61% TS
52% 3PT

Not to mention, he basically helped the Clippers steal Game 1 in Memphis :smh: He doesn't need to be on a team with too many young leaders. Established vets with a no nonsense approach can help tone him down.

Last edited:
This. He tryin to hard. Not everyone needs a go to face like skip bayless with the eyebrows. He ends every sentence the same way and then makes that dumb face

I still faux with Bomani tho. Hah
Not the one I was looking for but...

That's not saying much tho, majority of ESPN reporters are trash, including SAS.

Like I said in the NFL thread, Stephen A. too busy trying to figure out what side of the fence he's on. One day he can relate to the "struggle" then the next day he's Company Steve playing the holier than thou, uppity brother role
mean.gif

At least Skip's trolling is consistent.
100%.

Let's look at the East: I don't feel Swaggy P vibes with what Kidd is trying to accomplish in Milwaukee with the young Bucks. Miami is not a contender without Bosh. For selfish reasons, I personally wouldn't want Young in Brooklyn as a detriment to Markel Brown's playing time and growth. In Charlotte, Kemba is weeks away but Mo Williams adds shooting and I've long liked Hairston as a shooter and perimeter defender. If Detroit wants to make a serious run at a late playoff spot, can never have enough shooters in SVG's offense to go with Meeks and KCP.

West: Young would be a nightmare for Pop in SA. Swaggy could bolster OKC's offense without a definite timetable for Durant. Pelicans need a short-term replacement for Anderson's perimeter game, but they've been hit hard with injuries and won't make the playoffs anyway.

Accepting Nick Young is embracing instant offense, but also inefficiency and an abundance of poor shots.

We brought Vince Carter to Memphis to basically be what Nick Young is. Vince Carter was the same player in Dallas and was shooting the ball from deep extremely well. No one cares about your poor shot selection if you are good at making them. This year, VC is playing poor and it makes his poor shot selection look even worse.

The thing is....you don't hear anyone calling Jamal Crawford out with his poor shot selection and 39% shooting from the field / 33% from 3. :lol: He's always "one of the best 6th men in the league".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom