The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not saying much tho, majority of ESPN reporters are trash, including SAS.

Like I said in the NFL thread, Stephen A. too busy trying to figure out what side of the fence he's on. One day he can relate to the "struggle" then the next day he's Company Steve playing the holier than thou, uppity brother role :smh:

At least Skip's trolling is consistent.

100%.

i agree

The thing is....you don't hear anyone calling Jamal Crawford out with his poor shot selection and 39% shooting from the field / 33% from 3.
Fair point. I've long despised Crawford's inefficiency and willingness to chuck, but one could argue his offense is integral to the Clippers' success.

Speaking of talented former sixth men, I hate (strong word) that Reggie Jackson's game has transitioned to shooting jumpers instead of attacking the rim.

Off topic, but...

It really sucks that Westbrook's season will be overlooked because of all the injuries OKC had. What this guy is doing right now is unbelievable.

It really sucks that Westbrook's season will be overlooked because of all the injuries OKC had.
I believe Russy deserves MVP and I'll provide an in-depth write-up as the regular season nears conclusion. I realize Steph and Beard are the more popular and probable choices.

We brought Vince Carter to Memphis to basically be what Nick Young is. Vince Carter was the same player in Dallas and was shooting the ball from deep extremely well. No one cares about your poor shot selection if you are good at making them. This year, VC is playing poor and it makes his poor shot selection look even worse.

The thing is....you don't hear anyone calling Jamal Crawford out with his poor shot selection and 39% shooting from the field / 33% from 3.
laugh.gif
He's always "one of the best 6th men in the league".
i wouldnt want crawford on my team either, guys like him and nick literally dont bring anything else to the table other than score

there is a misconception that instant offence off the bench means a iso player that can sometimes hit contested mid range shots

when you look back on championship teams of the past its never a microwave instant offence guy who makes the difference, its always a team oriented role player who steps up at a crucial moment and can bring other things to the table when they are not scoring (passing, defense, ect..)

its not about a player that can create his own shots, with the D focused on the star player(s) role players will always be able to get decent looks

all you need in a championship team is a guy who can take advantage of those open looks (mike miller, fisher, kerr, danny green) while bringing a lot more to the table than just being able to show off hotsauce handles and midrange jumpshots 

Off topic, but...

It really sucks that Westbrook's season will be overlooked because of all the injuries OKC had. What this guy is doing right now is unbelievable.

his stats for the past 10 games are pretty crazy. If thunder continue to streak I think he deserves MVP consideration... Steph & Harden look like a lock but you never know what Russ could do here in the last 2 months or if Steph's foot issue begins to bother him

Damn...

Looking at how PDX is struggling and their upcoming games...OKC may really have a shot at winning the division. :x

question for fans on contending teams, would any of you guys want nick young on your team?

not as a trade, just trying to see if nick young would actually be worth having on a championship level team

:nerd:

Nah. Been there, done that. Plus, we already have Crawford, who basically does what Young does, but better. Young has the size and athleticism to be a better defender than Crawford, but he doesn't really use them that way. Finally, he's kind of an idiot.

Nah. Been there, done that. Plus, we already have Crawford, who basically does what Young does, but better. Young has the size and athleticism to be a better defender than Crawford, but he doesn't really use them that way. Finally, he's kind of an idiot.

Kobe, is that you? :nerd:

We brought Vince Carter to Memphis to basically be what Nick Young is. Vince Carter was the same player in Dallas and was shooting the ball from deep extremely well. No one cares about your poor shot selection if you are good at making them. This year, VC is playing poor and it makes his poor shot selection look even worse.

The thing is....you don't hear anyone calling Jamal Crawford out with his poor shot selection and 39% shooting from the field / 33% from 3. :lol: He's always "one of the best 6th men in the league".

Yeaaaah, Vince was fringely (Yes, I made that up :lol: ) accepted in Dallas his last few years. But not all that surprisingly, Richard Jefferson has filled his role just fine, just without as many stupid shots.

Last year, Vince averaged 12 PPG shooting 41/39/82 with 2 FTA and 10 FGA. 50% eFG.
This year, RJ averages 5 PPG shooting 43/44/60 with 1 FTA and 4 FGA. 55% eFG.

Considering how Vince's numbers have dipped across the board, I'm completely fine with having RJ on board. Vince needs to think about how effective he can still be.

I believe Russy deserves MVP and I'll provide an in-depth write-up as the regular season nears conclusion. I realize Steph and Beard are the more popular and probable choices.

I used to be the largest Russell critic when he entered the league. Thought his shot selection was terrible and his jumpshot was broken.

I've completely reversed my thinking. Russell is great.

I've completely reversed my thinking. Russell is great.
Credit for owning up. Basketball fans fall in love with his athleticism, I just love how relentless he attacks and finishes at the rim (with both hands). Russy was so raw coming out of UCLA, still learning the PG position. His jumper has gotten better, but he does take poor threes at times (heat checks). Westbrook's will to win is ever evident and that mentality is contagious in the locker room.

Credit for owning up. Basketball fans fall in love with his athleticism, I just love how relentless he attacks and finishes at the rim (with both hands). Russy was so raw coming out of UCLA, still learning the PG position. His jumper has gotten better, but he does take poor threes at times (heat checks). Westbrook's will to win is ever evident and that mentality is contagious in the locker room.
He is great with his lefty layups

Rose on that Brandon Roy path :smh:

Dude doesn't deserve this ****. :smh:

Youngest MVP in history, he's only 26 and has had serious knee injuries in 3 consecutive seasons.

Chi City's own native son, the most athletic player to ever play the PG position besides Westbrook and his body is failing him.

**** is sickening man, I'm just glad he isn't in the NFL and his contract is guaranteed.

do you guys think the shorten season, where the nba squeezed 66 games, have anything to do with all these injuries now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom