The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
]
I have to begrudgingly give the Cavs props. They are a ******* machine right now. I still hope they choke, but there isn't another team in the East that's on their level (right now).

Yeah, they're playing so well, I'm starting to worry about who in the West might be able to stop them when they get to the finals. Unfortunately, I think it's a team that won't have HCA at all in the playoffs - a Thunder team with KD.

Cavs win & the foolery starts as expected... Yet another year where Lebron & his all star team are beating up on the east and any team that seems to have a chance to take em out gets hit with the injury bug. They SHOULD get to the finals by default unless the Hawks really keep up their play. Either way whoever they see in the west is gonna mop the floor with them.

Cavs win & the foolery starts as expected... Yet another year where Lebron & his all star team are beating up on the east and any team that seems to have a chance to take em out gets hit with the injury bug. They SHOULD get to the finals by default unless the Hawks really keep up their play. Either way whoever they see in the west is gonna mop the floor with them.

Ain't no team in the West "mopping the floor them". Their a bad matchup for GS and they'll definitely make it tough for any other team in the West.

@shoeking2101, I get your "if you're not first, you're last" mentality but I think you're undervaluing progress. The deeper you advance in the playoffs is a building block for experience and future postseason runs. Hostile environments, high pressure situations, etc. Allows me for adjustments and changes to your game individually and as a team.

Jalen Rose was saying on Grantland that "positions only exist to make it easy for the novice to understand the game"
In the modern game, positions are fluid with so many cross-matchups. Look at Houston, Beard is the primary ball handler and playmaker, but no one's calling him the Rockets' PG. Beverley is technically the starting point guard by definition, but he doesn't run the offense nor is he the primary passer offensively.

Remember when Bron was washed and the Cavs weren't contenders?
Blatt wasn't the right man to lead the team. Love is not compatible with LeBron and Kyrie. Shump and J.R. are cancerous additions.

LeBron hate heating up? must be getting close to playoffs.

Hell yeah. It was all good when they were struggling now dudes talkin bout "LeBron is getting bailed out again" and "LeBron's all star team". Like its a bad thing that dudes wanna play with him.

Last edited:
PED talks aside, the ASB rest did a lot of players well including LeBron, Batum, etc. Keep in mind James has battled separate knee and back injuries this season, a huge deal for a player whose game is predicated significantly on athleticism and physical dominance.

The version of LeBron we saw last night is virtually unstoppable. Instead of settling for jump shots, he showed purpose to attack the rim and finish with both hands. It didn't matter who Kerr assigned defensively on James. My man was playing bully ball. Straight backing up Dray without resistance. Bron in the low-post is like Lisa Ann on top. Good luck and enjoy the ride.

PED talks aside, the ASB rest did a lot of players well including LeBron, Batum, etc. Keep in mind James has battled separate knee and back injuries this season, a huge deal for a player whose game is predicated significantly on athleticism and physical dominance.

The version of LeBron we saw last night is virtually unstoppable. Instead of settling for jump shots, he showed purpose to attack the rim and finish with both hands. It didn't matter who Kerr assigned defensively on James. My man was playing bully ball. Straight backing up Dray without resistance. Bron in the low-post is like Lisa Ann on top. Good luck and enjoy the ride.

You always have some of the best quotables :lol: :smokin

Bledsoe is pretty good for a "Randy Foye type"
What the hell is this. How the hell would Randy Foye and Bledsoe ever go in the same sentence, even coming out of college. This almost Corey Brewer= A. Wiggins level

I think Bledsoe soured a lot of folks with his contract situation but now he's showing why he was doing all that. Like I said before, he'd be an All-Star in the other conference. Nobody really seemed to think much of his chances to make the west which speaks to how stacked it is

Last edited:
At that point in time the Cavs weren't contenders. The addition of Mozgov, JR and Iman has turned them into a different team, not to mention LeBron's two week break. Though its hard for me to believe taking two weeks off can cure a man of all his fatigue just like that. Either he'll crash again or something.

Last edited:

Blatt wasn't the right man to lead the team. Love is not compatible with LeBron and Kyrie. Shump and J.R. are cancerous additions.

Ya know damn well that squad wasn't contending before they fleeced the Knicks and finessed the Nuggets :lol:

No hate tho, I actually like their new roster compared to opening night.

At that point in time the Cavs weren't contenders. The addition of Mozgov, JR and Iman has turned them into a different team, not to mention LeBron's two week break. Though its hard for me to believe taking two weeks off can cure a man of all his fatigue just like that. Either he'll crash again or something.
I gotta agree with this

The Cavs pre-trade were legit looking pretty sketch. Not saying they had no chance but they definitely looked like a year away from being legit

Not to mention Andy going down and they had really no defensive presence. All of a sudden they magically end up with Moz 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Lebron posting up is great basketball to watch. If he worked on that footwork and was a bit more patient he'd be unstoppable down there. I cringe whenever I see him drift away from the basket with one of those tilting one handers :x albeit he can make those tough contorted shots, only person who should be leaning in the post is antawn jamison. You can still see remnants of his uncertainty in the post, but I just like the fact that he tried to assert himself down there early on. Last night's game was a convincing W.

I have to begrudgingly give the Cavs props. They are a ******* machine right now. I still hope they choke, but there isn't another team in the East that's on their level (right now).
Yet they're 9 games back of the 1st place Hawks. Hawks whooped up on the Dubs as well at home.

Don't care how many games back they are.....there isn't another team in the East...arguably the NBA, who is playing better than them. You're being a homer if you think otherwise.

Don't care how many games back they are.....there isn't another team in the East...arguably the NBA, who is playing better than them. You're being a homer if you think otherwise.
Calling him a homer is like calling a girl with daddy issues expendable/worthless

Never said anybody was. Pretty sure just yesterday I said Cleveland was the hottest team in the league right now. Cleveland beat GS(best record in NBA) at home comfortably. ATL beat GS at home comfortably. ATL was down a man too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom