The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Word.

Coaches since the game started.
This is stupid. You're ignoring evolution. Like I said above, evolution is real and it happens. What it takes to win in the NBA is relative to an individual team and it's make up. You can't take an archaic view of what a PG should be, and then place it on every team in the league, disregarding the make up of said team, the current climate of the league, etc.
You keep getting sensitive like I'm saying the new era PG's can't win. If the league is filled with these type of dudes then obviously the position has changed or evolved however you wanna put it and this is the way to go. But it has evolved into a more SG like position.
I'm late to this but what happens when Kyrie and the Cavs win the finals? The fact that a scoring PG hasn't won is true but that's because there aren't many scoring point guards that have been part of these recent "big three" groupings. Put a healthy Dwight Howard on that OKC team or give a healthy Rose 2 (stand alone) all stars and they would have won a long time ago. If the Cavs, as they are now, are together for at least 3 years that scoring point guard not winning thing will be out the window. (Doubt it will take that long.)
Y'all love Kobe so much, Kobe himself would probably say making the finals and loosing doesn't mean ****.

Making the WCF and loosing doesn't mean ****.

If you lose, you lose.
Seems like you're letting your love for the Clips cause you to say this. True, losing in the WCF nets the same amount of championships as losing in the first round; but so does not making the playoffs. If you think any player thinks the same of a season that ended in the Conference Finals as one that ended in not making the playoffs OR a first round loss, I'm pretty sure wrong. 

Seems like you're letting your love for the Clips cause you to say this. True, losing in the WCF nets the same amount of championships as losing in the first round; but so does not making the playoffs. If you think any player thinks the same of a season that ended in the Conference Finals as one that ended in not making the playoffs OR a first round loss, I'm pretty sure wrong. 

You can't have it both ways. Either winning matters or it doesn't and if it does matter, then losing in the Conference finals isn't any better than loosing in the 2nd round. Period. Again, if you think there's a difference then I don't know what to tell you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom