The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will say it again. This thread's obsession with the point god is mind boggling. I don't get it. I love CP and don't talk about him this much :lol:

Russ wasn't guarding cp3 that much and when he was he had to fight thru a screen almost every time. Just an observation

You can say the part about having to fight through screens about any player guarding almost any top PG (or primary ball handler, like Harden). That's just how most offenses work these days.

Will say it again. This thread's obsession with the point god is mind boggling. I don't get it. I love CP and don't talk about him this much
laugh.gif
antidope knows what he's doing 

In today's NBA, rarely are you playing basketball one on one. Period. Especially when you're talking about the elite pg's of today. With the advent of the zone, and how pg's operate, it's just silly to expect one player to lock down another player (especially pg's) in today's NBA.

But, because we love to romanticize basketball, we have to pit it as "So and so stopped so and so", it's less glamorous than the actual fact, which is that defense in 2015 is a team effort.

Recognizing this fact doesn't coincide with the "bask[I)tball" narrative that our society likes to portray when it comes to basketball.

Last edited:
In today's NBA, rarely are you playing basketball one on one. Period. Especially when you're talking about the elite pg's of today. With the advent of the zone, and how pg's operate, it's just silly to expect one player to lock down another player (especially pg's) in today's NBA.

But, because we love to romanticize basketball, we have to pit it as "So and so stopped so and so", it's less glamorous than the actual fact, which is that defense in 2015 is a team effort.

Recognizing this fact doesn't coincide with the "bask[I)tball" narrative that our society likes to portray when it comes to basketball.

Great post.

kids these days are soft and need zones to play defence 

back in the 70s and 80s we would man up and guard our own men

"Just an observation". Curry has cooked russ one on one, vice versa true as well. Rose has cooked cp3 and on and on. I'm just saying I'm not sure if paul scored on russ at all. Not implying anything

kids these days are soft and need zones to play defence 

back in the 70s and 80s we would man up and guard our own men

Chris Paul held Russ to 2-8 and 6 TO's while guarding him. :pimp:

Point God. :pimp:

Doughy Diety. :pimp:

Krispy King. :pimp:

Last edited:
"Just an observation". Curry has cooked russ one on one, vice versa true as well. Rose has cooked cp3 and on and on. I'm just saying I'm not sure if paul scored on russ at all. Not implying anything
curry cooked the entire clippers team 1v4 
pimp.gif

36 seconds in. But that's not the point.

Nobody is cooking CP3, Russ, Rose, etc. one on one for an entire game. One play, two plays, sure. But no one pg is locking down a cp3, a russ wess, a steph curry, it's not happening. And it really never has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom