The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to find a spot for them but I'd consider Carroll or Horford for 2nd team. ATLs defense is near the top.

Hard to find a spot for them but I'd consider Carroll or Horford for 2nd team. ATLs defense is near the top.

I wanted to put Demare up there too. Stiff competition at the forward spots. Between Brow, Ibaka, Duncan, Draymond, and Kawhi...he may be the odd man out. He's a great defender and deserving though. No doubt.

How I think the voting will go....

1st Team:
G: Chris Paul
G: Tony Allen
F: Draymond Green
F: Ibaka
C: Tim Duncan

G: Pat Bev
G: Bradley
F: Butler
F: Davis
C: Horford

Love how folks bring up atlanta inexperience in the playoffs when comparing them to Cleveland yet completely leave out the fact kyrie and love have never been in the playoffs. nearly every single player on the hawks has playoff experience. Teague and Horford have been together for years now. Millsap and Korver have been there. With this group as well as others. Teague and Horford will be the go to guys. #Teaguetime. Horford/Millsap/Teague = Big 3.

Gobert might've started his dominance too late to get 1st team.

Still his impact is enough IMO, he's been protecting the rim at a historical rate all season even off the bench.

39% shooting on 7 attempts per, only guy close to him is Ibaka.

Love how folks bring up atlanta inexperience in the playoffs when comparing them to Cleveland yet completely leave out the fact kyrie and love have never been in the playoffs. nearly every single player on the hawks has playoff experience. Teague and Horford have been together for years now. Millsap and Korver have been there. With this group as well as others. Teague and Horford will be the go to guys. #Teaguetime. Horford/Millsap/Teague = Big 3.

I've brought up Cleveland's lack of experience several times, but their best player and the best player in the league has a ton of it. At the end of the day, Cleveland goes when Lebron goes. Their success is not dependent on Kyrie and/or Love even though those guys will need to step their games up as well. Plus, I think their lack of experience when more so come in the Finals against a much stronger Western Conference opponent.

Its not about the Hawks lack of playoff experience, but lack of quality experience. The last 3 seasons, Teague has never been out of the 1st round. Carroll never been out of the 1st round and his 1st season actually logging quality playoff minutes was last year. Horford haven't been to the 2nd round since 2010-11, let alone been hurt the last few seasons. The list goes on.

Gobert might've started his dominance too late to get 1st team.[/quote

Exactly.

And we all know how these All-Teams work in the NBA. A guy like Gobert would be lucky to even make the 2nd team. He's definitely going to end up being snubbed this season. You have well known players getting snubbed on those teams each year, so its hard envisioning Gobert getting that much love. I'm sure that center spot will belong to Duncan.

The real question is are they going to give Bron another all defensive nod when he's not deserving this year...

I prefer this thread much more when we're talking about stats, awards, and the Western Conference.

As soon as the conversation transfers to the Eastern Conference or CP3 it becomes unbearable.

I've brought up Cleveland's lack of experience several times, but their best player and the best player in the league has a ton of it. At the end of the day, Cleveland goes when Lebron goes. Their success is not dependent on Kyrie and/or Love even though those guys will need to step their games up as well. Plus, I think their lack of experience when more so come in the Finals against a much stronger Western Conference opponent.

Its not about the Hawks lack of playoff experience, but lack of quality experience. The last 3 seasons, Teague has never been out of the 1st round. Carroll never been out of the 1st round and his 1st season actually logging quality playoff minutes was last year. Horford haven't been to the 2nd round since 2010-11, let alone been hurt the last few seasons. The list goes on.
What about the Coaching?

Cp3 plays defense? That's what you call doing ballerina pirouettes when an offensive player comes at you?

Maybe you missed him locking up Russ in between him torching your team for 79 points 19 rebounds and 13 assists in a week and a half.

Maybe the homie in your avy could lock him up.

When people talk about about the western conference they talk about basketball when they talk about the east they talk about lebron and atl lack of "quality playoff experience"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom