The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dorsey 
roll.gif

I loved that year of CBB. So much talent that year . All 4 #1 seeds making the Final 4.

The Final 4 featured squads with rosters like:

Russ, Collison, Mbah a Moute, Love
Chalmers, Rush, Arthur, Jackson, Aldrich
Green, Hansbrough, Ellington, Lawson
Rose, CDR, Dorsey,

And these were just the NBA bound players

Last edited:
Marquis Teague, Ryan Harrow, and the Harrison Twins killed the "dribble drive" offense.

Rose, Wall and Tyreke and Bledsoe used to run it beautifully. Haven't seen Cal use it in a while. Used to be a staple.

I loved that year of CBB. So much talent that year . All 4 #1 seeds making the Final 4.

Rose, CDR, Dorsey,

Yup. 08 was loaded with NBA talent. Let's not forget Steph was 3 points away from a final 4...

Not to mention that was the year Chef Curry got Davidson to the Elite 8. Courtney Lee had WKU in the sweet 16 too

Last edited:

Rose, CDR, Dorsey,

Wow at least 10 of those guys are still playing 20 mins per game this season, crazy group of talent, 3 elite players and 2 MVP level talents.

Makes me wonder what the most stscked Final Four is because that's gotta be up there.

Add the 4 teams from the Elite 8 that year (louisville, davidson, xavier, texas ):

courtney lee, steph curry, dj augustine, damion james, dexter pittman, earl clark, terrence williams...

xavier was the only squad to not thave an nba talent. derrick brown was their best player. one of my classmates was actually on that squad and i had no eye deer how he made the team :lol:

About this rest thing, can anyone remember key, otherwise healthy players sitting out games just for rest before Pop started doing it with the Spurs? I can't.

Nope.

Even Jordan nem was playing 82 games winning 60+ games. Pop does it sometimes to troll, and because he can. Who's really going to question one of the greatest coaches of all time who has 39 year old Duncan playing at an all star level partly due to managing his minutes/rest.

I hate this rest trend, there is no faith in buying tickets...but I understand it.

Was thinking about this the other day: Mailman, Stockton, Jordan, Pippen, and the list goes on never did this type of stuff. The NBA is a star driven sport not a team driven sport like the NFL. So naturally people are going to be upset when they go to a game and the stars are a "healthy scratch". I don't know why 4 games in 5 nights is an issue with more technology for recovery etc. But it wasn't a problem back then. It's just crazy that adjusting the schedule is an option when many of the greats went through it without sitting games. But you can't keep cheating the ticket buying public...

It getting to the point that you have to wait till the very last second on Stub Hub to buy a ticket, just to see who is active for the game. Buddy of mine did that the first time the Cavs came to Atl. this year and 5 minutes later it was announced that Bron wasn't playing. Tickets in his area dropped by over $200 very quickly. (Several rows behind the bench)

As long as rest benefits team there's nothing you can do. Even if you impose fines or suspensions, coaches will just sub in players during a free throw and then call a timeout to take em out so they "played" 1 minute which would piss fans off even more.

Marquis Teague, Ryan Harrow, and the Harrison Twins killed the "dribble drive" offense.

Rose, Wall and Tyreke and Bledsoe used to run it beautifully. Haven't seen Cal use it in a while. Used to be a staple.

Yo. Marquis Teague was on the Nets for a while and that dude is legitimately the WORST player I've ever seen in my life. I can't believe scouts thought he was way better than Jeff Teague. I bet Jeff used to light him UP in the backyard when they were kids. He probably died laughing when he was considered a top prospect. Marquis is truly a waste of an NBA body and athleticism. I knew he was bad when the Bulls had injuries and Thibs went out and signed MIKE JAMES to start over him but watching the guy actually play with the Nets opened my eyes.

Last year we played the Hawks and our backup PG was injured so Marquis had to guard Jeff. Literally the most embarrassing thing I've ever seen in my life. Jeff must've hated Marquis growing up because he mercilessly made dude look like a D-League player. Marquis makes Austin Rivers look like Russell Westbrook. Makes me sick to my stomach that this guy rode Anthony Davis' and MKG's coat tails to a 1st round pick and a guaranteed contract. :x

Was thinking about this the other day: Mailman, Stockton, Jordan, Pippen, and the list goes on never did this type of stuff. The NBA is a star driven sport not a team driven sport like the NFL. So naturally people are going to be upset when they go to a game and the stars are a "healthy scratch". I don't know why 4 games in 5 nights is an issue with more technology for recovery etc. But it wasn't a problem back then. It's just crazy that adjusting the schedule is an option when many of the greats went through it without sitting games. But you can't keep cheating the ticket buying public...

It getting to the point that you have to wait till the very last second on Stub Hub to buy a ticket, just to see who is active for the game. Buddy of mine did that the first time the Cavs came to Atl. this year and 5 minutes later it was announced that Bron wasn't playing. Tickets in his area dropped by over $200 very quickly. (Several rows behind the bench)

Real talk. I didn't go to a game this year because I was waiting to see if the players will be a health scratch or not. As I'm typing this, Tim Leggler is talking about how he took his son to see Wade a few years back and he didn't suit up for rest. Said lil man had his Wade jersey on and everything lol.
He also talked about how it wasn't even an option back in the day.

He did bring up a good point on the other end of the spectrum about how the 1st round used to be best of 3 or 5, and how there was less competitive international basketball being played in the offseason. Never thought about that.

I see nothing wrong with rest.

As a fan, I wanna see the best product out there on the floor and guys playing 65% isn't that.

Sucks for the fans that bought tickets that night but it's necessary.

Rest sucks but I'd rather see guys 100% in the playoffs over anything. There's nothing cool about seeing LBJ worn down in the 2nd round of the playoffs because he played 41 mpg and 80 games during the season. I want teams at full strength in the playoffs, not limping around. Rest is also a double edged sword because it can hurt chemistry, kill the momentum of the team, hurt your seeding (see the Nets last year). So there's a risk to it.

Yo. Marquis Teague was on the Nets for a while and that dude is legitimately the WORST player I've ever seen in my life. I can't believe scouts thought he was way better than Jeff Teague. I bet Jeff used to light him UP in the backyard when they were kids. He probably died laughing when he was considered a top prospect. Marquis is truly a waste of an NBA body and athleticism. I knew he was bad when the Bulls had injuries and Thibs went out and signed MIKE JAMES to start over him but watching the guy actually play with the Nets opened my eyes.

Last year we played the Hawks and our backup PG was injured so Marquis had to guard Jeff. Literally the most embarrassing thing I've ever seen in my life. Jeff must've hated Marquis growing up because he mercilessly made dude look like a D-League player. Marquis makes Austin Rivers look like Russell Westbrook. Makes me sick to my stomach that this guy rode Anthony Davis' and MKG's coat tails to a 1st round pick and a guaranteed contract. :x

Facts! I never understood the Marquise Teague hype. I saw a 15 year old Aquille Carr abuse him in HS.

Scouts were saying he was a better prospect than his brother and I for the life of me could not understand it. Smaller, slower, less athletic, broke jumper, horrible BBall iq version of Jeff Teague. Marquise was once considered a potential top 5-10 pick...and only got drafted in the 1st round b/c of HS rankings, bloodlines, Cal and UK's success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom