The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marquis Teague, Ryan Harrow, and the Harrison Twins killed the "dribble drive" offense.

Rose, Wall and Tyreke and Bledsoe used to run it beautifully. Haven't seen Cal use it in a while. Used to be a staple.

Yo. Marquis Teague was on the Nets for a while and that dude is legitimately the WORST player I've ever seen in my life. I can't believe scouts thought he was way better than Jeff Teague. I bet Jeff used to light him UP in the backyard when they were kids. He probably died laughing when he was considered a top prospect. Marquis is truly a waste of an NBA body and athleticism. I knew he was bad when the Bulls had injuries and Thibs went out and signed MIKE JAMES to start over him but watching the guy actually play with the Nets opened my eyes.

Last year we played the Hawks and our backup PG was injured so Marquis had to guard Jeff. Literally the most embarrassing thing I've ever seen in my life. Jeff must've hated Marquis growing up because he mercilessly made dude look like a D-League player. Marquis makes Austin Rivers look like Russell Westbrook. Makes me sick to my stomach that this guy rode Anthony Davis' and MKG's coat tails to a 1st round pick and a guaranteed contract. :x

As bad as he was in the pros, he's one of the main reasons UK won that championship so I can't say he rode AD & MKG's coattails. Teague came up huge vs Iowa St, Indiana, and Kansas during that championship run. Once he stopped trying to score, his game improved all around.

Definitely needed another year or two though before entering the draft :smh:

Wiggins gonna get 30 in Toronto tonight. :pimp:

Absolutely.

Yo. Marquis Teague was on the Nets for a while and that dude is legitimately the WORST player I've ever seen in my life. I can't believe scouts thought he was way better than Jeff Teague. I bet Jeff used to light him UP in the backyard when they were kids. He probably died laughing when he was considered a top prospect. Marquis is truly a waste of an NBA body and athleticism. I knew he was bad when the Bulls had injuries and Thibs went out and signed MIKE JAMES to start over him but watching the guy actually play with the Nets opened my eyes.

Last year we played the Hawks and our backup PG was injured so Marquis had to guard Jeff. Literally the most embarrassing thing I've ever seen in my life. Jeff must've hated Marquis growing up because he mercilessly made dude look like a D-League player. Marquis makes Austin Rivers look like Russell Westbrook. Makes me sick to my stomach that this guy rode Anthony Davis' and MKG's coat tails to a 1st round pick and a guaranteed contract. :x

Facts! I never understood the Marquise Teague hype. I saw a 15 year old Aquille Carr abuse him in HS.

Scouts were saying he was a better prospect than his brother and I for the life of me could not understand it. Smaller, slower, less athletic, broke jumper, horrible BBall iq version of Jeff Teague. Marquise was once considered a potential top 5-10 pick...and only got drafted in the 1st round b/c of HS rankings, bloodlines, Cal and UK's success.
he was the number 1 ranked PG in a horrible class so he look good in comparison. he's also younger than aquille carr by a few months so a 15 year old carr was abusing a 15 year old teague :lol:

Last edited:
@WolstatSun: "I love Minnesota. They treat me nice up there. I plan to be there a very, very, very long time.” Wiggins crushes Canada and Raptors fans.

Ay.

Last edited:
As bad as he was in the pros, he's one of the main reasons UK won that championship so I can't say he rode AD & MKG's coattails. Teague came up huge vs Iowa St, Indiana, and Kansas during that championship run. Once he stopped trying to score, his game improved all around.

I could be wrong but they had a SG that was forced to take on ball handling duties for a lot of the year because Teague couldn't handle it. Eventually once they simplified everything for Teague and Calipari did a GOAT coaching job on him, Teague became playable. Davis was the best PNR in college basketball and Teague had the easiest job in the world running that offense surrounded by top notch talent. Throw it up to Davis or use that attention Davis attracted to drive to the rim with no defense. You're right though. I'm talking about his pro career.

@WolstatSun: "I love Minnesota. They treat me nice up there. I plan to be there a very, very, very long time.” Wiggins crushes Canada and Raptors fans.

Ay.

Rookie extension is a long time, he's gone after that. :lol:

Kid grew up an avid Raptors fan, will be the biggest athlete in Canada which is a bigger market, he's already in deep with the Canadian National Team and that's after the cap increase so they can throw him 200 million.

Masai going to make it happen, they'll probably even sign his brother.

Wiggins Raptor Jersey copped in 2020.

Last edited:

I could be wrong but they had a SG that was forced to take on ball handling duties for a lot of the year because Teague couldn't handle it. Eventually once they simplified everything for Teague and Calipari did a GOAT coaching job on him, Teague became playable. Davis was the best PNR in college basketball and Teague had the easiest job in the world running that offense surrounded by top notch talent. Throw it up to Davis or use that attention Davis attracted to drive to the rim with no defense. You're right though. I'm talking about his pro career.

Yup Lamb and Miller did a lot of ball handling at 1st because Marquis was out here trying to be the guy who averaged 25 PPG in HS :smh: :lol: ... if we didn't win that year, Teague would've took the blame, he was holding the team back at the start of season, similar to how Andrew Harrison was last season before Cal made some tweaks.

And being a Bulls fan, he was a HUGE disappointment but I knew he wasn't ready. Glad we eventually found a taker :lol:

Can Wiggins get American citizenship and play for the US?

That would be great

5def69417854f24c78c8660c182c0689.520x293x49.gif

Greedy *** :lol:

Rondo almost has the same 3point percentage as his FT has any team actually tried hacking him?

I understand the purpose of resting players but saying you want everyone at 100% would imply Jordan never was come playoff time. Dude played 82 just about every season. What's wrong with today's players? GS resting was a joke to me. Bogut I get but Curry and the others are young.

Last edited:
I understand the purpose of resting players but saying you want everyone at 100% would imply Jordan never was come playoff time. Dude played 82 just about every season. What's wrong with today's players? GS resting was a joke to me. Bogut I get but Curry and the others are young.

There were a couple years the team was running on fumes by the end. MJ would just go into god mode. No doubt they would've benefited from resting but ultimately, they won every year so it didn't really matter.

Not to get into this discussion AGAIN but there's also the thought that players play a lot harder on defense nowadays. 38 minutes today is a lot more intense than 38 minutes 20 minutes ago.

Then again - resting seems to be more of a organizational philosophy - it's not like the players are specifically asking for rest unless they're injured or have a ton of miles on their body. Love is denying it but he's obviously battling nagging injuries.

Playoff contenders in the West with remaining games versus the Pelicans are probably going to rest their guys that game. GS can afford to do it for example, rather see N.O get that # 8 than OKC if you're a W.C playoff team.

Man miss me with all that resting madness.

Do they play too many games, back to backs, etc.? Probably. They should look to change that.

But as it stands now, it is what it is. You knew what the nba life was like when you signed on to be a professional basketball player. So do your damn job. If you're healthy, play. Basketball players are entertainers too, and the people you entertain shouldn't have to suffer because idiots dont know how to create a schedule thats more adequate for the human body of today.

If you're healthy you play. Simple. You knew of your job description before you signed on to be a pro, so its really a moot point to discuss. You agreed to this ****, now own up to your end of the deal.

can't allow players to make demands when they want to play or not. that's their job. they get paid lots of money to do that job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom