The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn't Lin's fault they gave him that money.

If we wanna keep it 100, Lin dealt with a lot of BS and being Asian added to it. Most don't want to admit it though.

im all in favor of any athlete getting as much as they can
you see how much money these owners make when the buy/sell the team?

Remember Roy Hibberts contract? This is just how restricted Free Agency works. You overpay a guy to either take him from his current team or make his current team overpay to keep him.

Remember Roy Hibberts contract? This is just how restricted Free Agency works. You overpay a guy to either take him from his current team or make his current team overpay to keep him.
Roy hibbert was actually decent at basketball though. Lin has always been trash

Lin isn't a bad player. It's not his fault he got overpaid. Just how things work. The criticism is what people get when they get overpaid. 

However, I think on top of the whole Asian thing, which probably adds to the criticism, his fans are some of the worst fans I've seen in my life. Maybe you guys haven't read some of the stuff that they say, but after you do, you'll end up unfortunately disliking Jeremy as well 
laugh.gif
. They think he's a top PG in the league that just has been in unfortunate circumstances. They put him in the same tier as Conley, Lowry, Knight, Bledsoe, etc. Oh yea, they also want the offense to be structured around Jeremy Lin. 

Last edited:
Hibbet is a special case. Within a week he completely wanted to play ping pong

Brad Turner ‏@BA_Turner · 28m28 minutes ago
Chris Paul named Western Conference player of the week

CP0 :smokin

Let the latest slander session begin...

I think the Asian factor comes in when you look at the markets that go after him. Houston (a huge Asian market) overpaid for him. He was then traded to LA. Its just crazy how he's not being sought after by other markets or even traded to another market. That's when people probably think of the fact that he's Asian. :lol:

GSW was the 1st team to give him a shot in the league before he went to NYC. It seems to me NBA owners/management are trying to attract the Asian fan base in their cities by putting him on their team. I think you have to look at them.

Last edited:
havent been watching too much mavs games as of late, what's this about ellis? :nerd:
has his play dipped recently?

The biggest thing about Lin is that he wasn't physically dominating.  He wasn't a 7'3" dude brought in to block shots.  He was born in US, w/ strong Asian ancestry and culture, went to Harvard, and pursued his dreams in a league dominated by other ethnicities.  To say the least, he's a minority in the NBA.  But as crappy as some of you want to put it, he's still in the NBA, still attracting fans and telling others to pursue their dreams.  He's like the White mamba, he'll still wash a lotta dudes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom