The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marc Gasol 4 MVP since he's the best player/leading scorer on the 2nd best team in the West. Plus, without him, the Grizz are not top 10 defensively.

Is that how it works?

the league just needs to make everyone happy and give the mvp award to harden, curry, the starting 5 of that atlanta hawks, and stephon marbury.

yall usually gripe about how kobe was robbed in 05-06 for the MVP.

he averaged 35 on 27 shots. shot 45% from the field. 10.2 FTA's per game.

harden averages 27 on 18 shots shooting 44% from the field. 10.1 FTA's per game. also averages more assists and rebounds.

yes, i know that lakers team stunk, but looking at the rockets this season with their injury issues, what's the difference besides a forum wide disdain for james harden?
patrick beverly/ jason terry/ pablo prigioni
corey brewer/trevor ariza
donatas motiejunas/ josh smith/ terrence jones (missed a lot of games and just got hurt again)
dwight howard (missing about 40 games) and joey dorsey.

great team on paper :rolleyes

If you can read...you'll notice I didn't call them a "great team".

Point is....you can do ALOT worse. That's enough to remain competitive in the Western Conference.

Y'all trying to make it seem like Harden is out there playing with the Knicks roster or some ****.

you said "pretty damn good" and i said "great". and this is enough to ask whether i can read or not? my point is, they're nearly not as good a roster as you're claiming they are.

a ton of role players that are only really successful because of situation + circumstance.

I said Harden is playing chess. Ball positioning and how he operates of the pick and roll are masterful.

Like I said, if you think he's just being corey Maggette or Kevin Martin, then you need to moisturize your situation

on here, slapping his forearms is "breathing on him". it's such lazy characterization to say most his fouls are "breathing on him" completely disregarding that he's masterful running pick and roll and getting to the rim. players who attack the rim get foul calls. i don't know why this is problematic for most. maybe if a team could keep him from getting to the rim... but hey, all defenders do is breathe on him, they say.

it's unnecessary to try and break down steph or harden to prop up the other. both are worthy candidates. it'll hinge upon whether the voters decide they value the warriors having the best record in the league, or acknowledging harden keeping the rockets in prime playoff position without a healthy roster.

then you need to moisturize your situation

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

giphy.gif

it's unnecessary to try and break down steph or harden to prop up the other. both are worthy candidates. it'll hinge upon whether the voters decide they value the warriors having the best record in the league, or acknowledging harden keeping the rockets in prime playoff position without a healthy roster.

Marc Gasol 4 MVP since he's the best player/leading scorer on the 2nd best team in the West. Plus, without him, the Grizz are not top 10 defensively.

Is that how it works?

Wouldn't even entertain the notion of him getting the mvp but you could make a case for him, hell people are making a case for a dude who may not make the playoffs :lol:

Curry going to win MVP just like Dirk did in 06-07 on the 67 win Mavs team, then have the same results in the playoffs. :nerd:

But, really...what do you guys think about that team in comparison to the Warriors. While their ORTG was not on the level of GSW, they were still #2 in the league during that year. Is there any possible chance at OKC upsetting GSW?

Last edited:
1) the harden slander for his free throw rate is ridiculous for so many reasons

2) I cant comprehend why we keep bringing up westbrook knowing that he has a 100% shot of not winning it. I dont get it

Curry going to win MVP just like Dirk did in 06-07 on the 67 win Mavs team, then have the same results in the playoffs.
nerd.gif

But, really...what do you guys think about that team in comparison to the Warriors. While their ORTG was not on the level of GSW, they were still #2 in the league during that year. Is there any possible chance at OKC upsetting GSW?
Man Dallas getting the 8th seed and Dirk eliminating them would be so 
pimp.gif
. Not that I dislike the dubs or anything but just as payback for '07.

Not gonna happen though 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Curry going to win MVP just like Dirk did in 06-07 on the 67 win Mavs team, then have the same results in the playoffs. :nerd:

Man Dallas getting the 8th seed and Dirk eliminating them would be so :pimp: . Not that I dislike the dubs or anything but just as payback for '07.

Except this Mavs team keeps getting blown out by this Warriors team :lol:

I fully admit that realistically Russ is not in the running. I was just looking at it from the viewpoint of having a guy who missed a considerable amount of games, the player who most people would consider to be the top dog has also barely been present, yet from the time Russ has come back he has put up incredible numbers while facing the worst odds out of the other two candidates and yet somehow has managed to push that squad to the (current) 8th seed. I find that impressive as hell but it's also unorthodox so I understand where y'all are coming from.

I'm done arguing on who should win MVP :lol:

All of these dudes deserve it....instead of debating I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy this race til the end

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom