The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curry going to win MVP just like Dirk did in 06-07 on the 67 win Mavs team, then have the same results in the playoffs. :nerd:

But, really...what do you guys think about that team in comparison to the Warriors. While their ORTG was not on the level of GSW, they were still #2 in the league during that year. Is there any possible chance at OKC upsetting GSW?

Avery was an awful coach who panicked against Golden State. His mentor Don Nelson embarrassed him. That GS team was also stacked.

OKC has no chance without Durant. None. Dubs are too good. Can adapt to any play style. I could see a gentlemans sweep in that series.

Curry going to win MVP just like Dirk did in 06-07 on the 67 win Mavs team, then have the same results in the playoffs. :nerd:

But, really...what do you guys think about that team in comparison to the Warriors. While their ORTG was not on the level of GSW, they were still #2 in the league during that year. Is there any possible chance at OKC upsetting GSW?

That would be Westbrooks revenge.

westbrook got hurt 9 mins into the 2nd game of the year.. okc went on to lose 11 games without him (winning only 5 games, inclusive of the win where he missed a game for the facial injury)

with all the injuries (Durant missing 44 games to date, ibaka missing 7 games to day and steven adams missing 12 games to date).. since westbrook has come back okc has a .667 winning percentage

If Durant and Iblocka came back healthy they would.

And that Dallas team was SOFT that year, even though GSW are a jump shooting team they still play defense.

Dame should win MVP
smokin.gif

Is it even a question that Russ>>>> le***** in the MVP race. Kevin love said the right thing. He'll be out of Cleveland after this season anyways.

I don't get why people don't think Steph shouldn't be MVP just because he has support...

Nash and LeBron come to mind on this same subject, great cast, best player on the team..... MVPs!

I don't get why people don't think Steph shouldn't be MVP just because he has support...

Nash and LeBron come to mind on this same subject, great cast, best player on the team..... MVPs!

Nash shouldn't have an MVP IMO

just off the strength he has 2 steph should get it

Last edited:

You cannot Lebron to Curry. Lebron's numbers were more on par with Harden / Russ during his MVP seasons. Nash may be more comparable, but you have to ask yourself how many guys had their team with the 4th/5th best record in the league putting up elite numbers?

During the 04-05 season, Iverson, Kobe and Lebron didn't have their teams anywhere close to where Harden have Houston sitting at. Guys like Dirk, Tmac were not battling with the same injuries Harden had to deal with on his roster. I'm sure the same could go for 05-06 when Nash won it as well. Its just two completely different situations.

I forgot who exactly were the candidates during those 2 years, but I'm sure Kobe was mentioned due to the seasons he was having. But, his situation is similar to Westbrook considering the seeding. But, like its been mentioned several times in this thread....it all depends on how you view the MVP award. There is a good case for both players.

Last edited:

Nash shouldn't have an MVP IMO

just off the strength he has 2 steph should get it

Nah bruh.... What Nash and Dantoni did those years, changed the game of basketball.

Not to mention, Suns had a horrible record the year before. Nash most definitely deserved the first one!

Last edited:
why do people act like the Rockets doesn't have any talent on their deep? Yeah, they are third in the West and battled injuries to get there but you gotta play that injury card both sides. If other teams such as Spurs, Clippers, OKC and Portland didn't have any injuries, then the Rockets wouldn't be that high. But we never hear that part, do we?

Idk KD's season last year >>> Hardens season

Thats kinda why im not at all enamored with as much as I should be they both have the same storyline, "carried team to a high seed despite major teammates desling with injuries" but KD was having a great game everynight out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom