The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
players from the east should be banned from getting a MVP until the 8th seed ends the season above .500

golden state had an amazing season and curry is playing settlers of catan out there 

I think what Harden and Westbrook are doing for the NBA is fascinating. I mean they're making it fun again every time I watch.

with that said, Steph is the MVP to me. watching last night him score 13 pts in the 3rd quarter to lead that come back against Portland in their arena was something.

Draymond Green's defense and Igoudala's fantastic shooting was something as well. they're the best team in the NBA and Curry is their best player hands down.

LMA playing thru injury most of the season. He's not 100%. Plus Lopez was out first half of the season. Plus the Spurs had **** ton of injuries too. Dwight is not the old d12 no more. All that considered even if Dwight was healthy. Harden still plays ISO not pick n roll. Dwight won't flourish. Rockets would be 5-7 seed if 2 of those 3 teams were healthy.i don't see Dwight do much on offense at all. Defensively he does help but not like what he did 5 years ago.
The Spurs played lackadaisical during some stretches no injury excuse for effort.
LMA is hurt but he is still producing and if you think Harden doesn't run the pick and roll......
Dwight isn't as good as he was before but he is still a very good player not having him play will force you to use Joey Dorsey..

every player in NBA history that has won an MVP is in the Hall of Fame....DRose isn't a HOFer is he?

Nash deserved both of em. AI too.

AI was an underrated defender IMO. Of course he didn't stick big 2's...but his reputation as a gambler killed him.

The sixers back line, rotations and AI's otherworldly anticipation and speed allowed for him to roam and gamble. All those steals. He should've at least made one all defensive team.

every player in NBA history that has won an MVP is in the Hall of Fame....DRose isn't a HOFer is he?

As of right now no. For as many jokes as I crack on him, really hope he can salvage a serviceable career but mentally is going to br tough.

Rockets would be 5-7 seed if 2 of those 3 teams were healthy.
How do you even know that?
laugh.gif

You know how many "if" scenarios someone can come up with in regards to every team in the West?

This is off topic, but what if Harden wins MVP this year and Westbrook wins next year?

2014 - KD
2015 - Harden
2016 - Westbrook

laugh.gif
I was thinking this a week or two ago. I'm thinking WB averages 24 9 8 next year and get it. Damn OKC had a bunch of talent.

AI >>>>> Nash ...come at me
No one should argue this
If Steve Nash didn't play the NBA wouldn't be as fun to watch today.
Yall be throwing too much credit around with these _______ changed the way ______ is played or ________ created the way modern NBA teams play

If Steve Nash didn't play the NBA wouldn't be as fun to watch today.
Yall be throwing too much credit around with these _______ changed the way ______ is played or ________ created the way modern NBA teams play
It's true though. Dantoni invented the system, and when the league caught up with him he couldn't adjust.

Pop's teams used to be all defensive teams, with horrible offenses. He flipped the script, and perfected Dantoni's system. Has gone back to back finals. 

So to say him and nash both changed the modern NBA isn't outrageous at all.

He's in the annals of basketball history in that regard... I think he's a hall of famer when it's said and done. for his FIBA and NBA Contributions one day Rose will be in the hall of fame.

The only thing that used to get me about Nash was when people would credit him for all of the Suns players being good. Sometimes I couldn't tell if they were being facetious or not :lol:

I was thinking this a week or two ago. I'm thinking WB averages 24 9 8 next year and get it. Damn OKC had a bunch of talent.

No one should argue this

so influential and league changing yet never even cracked a finals...... yeah...
eyes.gif
 ...that team was just fools gold. everyone knew phx never had a real shot except one year out of all those nash years

. the way nash was on d you were playing 4 on 5. 

Last edited:
It's true though. Dantoni invented the system, and when the league caught up with him he couldn't adjust.

Pop's teams used to be all defensive teams, with horrible offenses. He flipped the script, and perfected Dantoni's system. Has gone back to back finals. 

Nobody's running MDA's SSOL system though. Have facets been taken from it yes, but to act like certain teams weren't moving the ball before is ludicrous, there's still a myriad of teams who don't play with that pace and use forms of more post and isolation tactics ie Grizzlies who've been successful as well.

Pop took principles and adapted them to his personnel when Duncan could no longer carry the load every night. To give MDA and Nash all the credit for that is disingenuous.

Nobody's running MDA's SSOL system though. Have facets been taken from it yes, but to act like certain teams weren't moving the ball before is ludicrous, there's still a myriad of teams who don't play with that pace and use forms of more post and isolation tactics ie Grizzlies who've been successful as well.

Pop took principles and adapted them to his personnel when Duncan could no longer carry the load every night. To give MDA and Nash all the credit for that is disingenuous.
Agreed, I guess you put it into better words then I did 
laugh.gif

Bottom line, Curry and Harden both have a legit case. I'm just arguing against the ridiculous idea that it's somehow not close. This isn't Shaq in 2000 or KG in '04 or LeBron in '13. There isn't a player that's head and shoulders above everyone else.

Jumpman2, everything about you is so inappropriate that, when the Warriors do lose come playoffs, if they lose, nobody is going to go "ahh, they had a good run".

You make the whole fan base look like dummies

to his credit tho...

he's been making GSW fans look dumb for years on here.

It's the best/closest race in years that's for sure.

not according to @shoeking2101...

apperently it's Harden's MVP and "it's not even close".

guess he's on the voters panel :lol:

Oh and people are discussing Westbrook because voters give 1st - 5th place votes.

Last edited:
I don't know about yall but I don't want co mvps. I want someone to get snubbed and someone to have bragging rights to make the postseason that much more interesting

Bottom line, Curry and Harden both have a legit case. I'm just arguing against the ridiculous idea that it's somehow not close. This isn't Shaq in 2000 or KG in '04 or LeBron in '13. There isn't a player that's head and shoulders above everyone else.
Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom