The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knicks just beat the defending champs. They're not losing to a bunch of teenagers. :lol: Even bum-*** Bargs would drop 40 on these kids. That's the key. Let's remember these are teenagers that would be going up against grown *** men that do this for a living.

Kinda wish that UK loses so this "debate" can be put to rest. :smh:

Serious question for everyone. If the Knicks could keep Melo but exchange their whole roster for Kentucky y'all think they'll be worse?

Half of Kentucky's big men don't even have complete games. They are just getting their feet wet, they don't understand the nuances of the game, their best guard is 5'9 and not hugely athletic...they are not competing with any NBA franchise. It's like we forget these guys already went thru college and most of them were at least mid level contributors on that stage. McDonald's All-American status don't mean a DAMN THING on the NBA level.

Knicks just beat the defending champs. They're not losing to a bunch of teenagers. :lol: Even bum-*** Bargs would drop 40 on these kids. That's the key. Let's remember these are teenagers that would be going up against grown *** men that do this for a living.

This is how I know y'all just talking and don't watch. Kentucky isn't a group of Freshmen. Galloway and Larkin were average college players that get time with the Knicks. Same dudes saying Kentucky have no shot are the same guys blasting Cleveland for trading basically a college player for a NBA All Star (Love).

There isn't a person on here who can give me any legit reason the Knicks would win other than they are pros. Most of the Knicks roster were average at best college players. Dude said the Knicks bench would win. Ha ha ha

Take the Knicks bench and put them in the NCAA tournament. They would be out already. Knicks bench will be out the league in 2-3 years max.

Last edited:
Lemme correct myself, he wasn't a top scorer. He only averaged 17 his final year. And no, not indivually. In a team concept sure. He produced at a higher level than all of UKs guards during his time at St. Joe's.

Kentucky players have been sacrificing stats all year to win. Who's the other All American NBA caliber players he played alongside at St. Joe's?

Last edited:
Lemme correct myself, he wasn't a top scorer. He only averaged 17 his final year. And no, not indivually. In a team concept sure. He produced at a higher level than all of UKs guards during his time at St. Joe's.

Kentucky players have been sacrificing stats all year to win. Who's the other All American NBA caliber players he played along side at St. Joe's?
I thought you just said the KNICKS couldn't beat Kentucky so what does it matter if his teammates at St.Joe's were NBA caliber or not? As individual talents yes Kentucky has an advantage but as a team, on the pro level how will they get by? Their best prospects are big men who are still developing. Their guards aren't NBA level. They might shine against other college players who the vast majority won't sniff the league but your completely neglecting the adjustment they'll have to go through going against NBA vets. You can't discount that.

This is how I know y'all just talking and don't watch. Kentucky isn't a group of Freshmen. Galloway and Larkin were average college players that get time with the Knicks. Same dudes saying Kentucky have no shot are the same guys blasting Cleveland for trading basically a college player for a NBA All Star (Love).
That's another thing. If they were so good they'd be in the league already. Who the hell stays for more than 2yrs these days? :lol: Stein is a mid to backend lottery pick and the twins are like the homeless man's Morris twins

I thought you just said the KNICKS couldn't beat Kentucky so what does it matter if his teammates at St.Joe's were NBA caliber or not? As individual talents yes Kentucky has an advantage but as a team, on the pro level how will they get by? Their best prospects are big men who are still developing. Their guards aren't NBA level. They might shine against other college players who the vast majority won't sniff the league but your completely neglecting the adjustment they'll have to go through going against NBA vets. You can't discount that.

I was talking to you about Galloway.

Here's a example of the logic against Kentucky on here. Dudes are saying simply because they are pros. So for example if we take that WV team from yesterday and placed them on NBA rosters for a season. Then after the season put them back together to play Kentucky, all of a sudden because they played in the NBA they would now wash Kentucky.

I'll ask again because no one responded to my question. How many people here would rather have Melo and his current team or Melo and this Kentucky team? If you could swap rosters would you take Kentucky over the current Knicks roster?

Last edited:

I was talking to you about Galloway.

Here's a example of the logic against Kentucky on here. Dudes are saying simply because they are pros. So for example if we take that WV team from yesterday and placed them on NBA rosters for a season. Then after the season put them back together to play Kentucky, all of a sudden because they played in the NBA they would now wash Kentucky.

I'll ask again because no one responded to my question. How many people here would rather have Melo and his current team or Melo and this Kentucky team? If you could swap rosters would you take Kentucky over the current Knicks roster?
There were no other NBA caliber level players with Galloway at St. Joe's.

I would take Melo and his current team against Melo and Kentucky. I really think your neglecting the learning curve. Yeah the Knicks are trash comparable to other NBA squads but even then that's other pro squads. Even with Kentucky's talent level their a team of mainly freshmen who make constant mistakes that just happen to get overlooked because they are so talented. Aside from Towns and WCS don't most of these Kentucky guys project to be role players?

Last edited:
There were no other NBA caliber level players with Galloway at St. Joe's.

I would take Melo and his current team against Melo and Kentucky. I really think your neglecting the learning curve. Yeah the Knicks are trash comparable to other NBA squads but even then that's other pro squads. Even with Kentucky's talent level their a team of mainly freshmen who make constant mistakes that just happen to get overlooked because they are so talented. Aside from Towns and WCS don't most of these Kentucky guys project to be role players?

Whole Knicks team is role players. Knicks team makes mistakes constantly as pros. Most are role players. Majority of every team in every sport is. I don't see the advantage the Knicks have to say 100 out of 100 times they would beat KU. If you put the rosters side by side you can't with a strait face tell me Travis Ware, Jason Smith, Ricardo Ledo and Lou Amundson is washing anyone.

If those guys can beat SA then how is it out of the realm of possibility KU can beat them?

Btw Kentucky wouldn't wash the Knicks. That was to strong a reach. They can beat them though. IMO

Last edited:
Kentucky isn't beating anyone with that backcourt.

Shane Larkin at Miami >>> the Harrison twins.

Yeah ok. 5 11 Larkin will bake the 6 6 Harrison twins. You'll make a great NBA GM. Ha ha ha

You can't compare college stats. Anyone with a ounce of basketball knowledge knows KU players are sacrificing stats for wins.

Last edited:
That's another thing. If they were so good they'd be in the league already. Who the hell stays for more than 2yrs these days? :lol: Stein is a mid to backend lottery pick and the twins are like the homeless man's Morris twins
I hope your right about Cauley-Stein being available in the backend of the lottery, got a nice spot for him down here.

Kentucky couldn't beat Barcelona or Partizan Belgrade let alone the knicks.

and Shane Larkin was a million times better at Miami that the Harrison Twins.

What your saying means every 1 and done is better than every college player who's not because they stayed in college and didn't go pro. Makes no sense and is totally false. You don't even believe that.

Last edited:
Kentucky couldn't beat Barcelona or Partizan Belgrade let alone the knicks.

and Shane Larkin was a million times better at Miami that the Harrison Twins.

Better how? Larkin didn't have half the team the twins do. They don't have to put up big numbers to win. Dudes act like Larkin would actually do something in a game vs KU. Ha ha ha. What round did that MIA team get put out in that year?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom