The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
There isn't a person on here who can give me any legit reason the Knicks would win other than they are pros. Most of the Knicks roster were average at best college players. Dude said the Knicks bench would win. Ha ha ha

Take the Knicks bench and put them in the NCAA tournament. They would be out already. Knicks bench will be out the league in 2-3 years max.
:lol: you said kentucky has 8 legit nba players

:rofl: out of the whole draft only about 5 players become instant serviceable players on a nba roster

Better how? Larkin didn't have half the team the twins do. They don't have to put up big numbers to win. Dudes act like Larkin would actually do something in a game vs KU. Ha ha ha. What round did that MIA team get put out in that year?

uhh

having better teammates means you should shoot a better percentage

Aaron and Andrew is shooting sub 40% from the field, only 32 percent from 3.

You clearly don't follow the draft. Andrew is most likely a second round pick at this point and Aaron is at risk at not get drafted.

:lol: you said kentucky has 8 legit nba players

:rofl: out of the whole draft only about 5 players become instant serviceable players on a nba roster

I'm not saying they will all make it. Im saying they have potentially 8 players who can have decent NBA careers.

uhh

having better teammates means you should shoot a better percentage

Aaron and Andrew is shooting sub 40% from the field, only 32 percent from 3.

You clearly don't follow the draft. Andrew is most likely a second round pick at this point and Aaron is at risk at not get drafted.

What does that have to do with Larkin in a game vs the twins? Who cares what Larkin did. In a game vs KU I don't see him dropping 30+ or baking the twins in anyway. Do you?

Me neither. On another subject, you guys gonna beat GSW tonight?

I'm expecting a much better performance tonight than we had against CLE. If we get beat badly b2b @ home, I will have to question our status a little bit. I expect them to respond well and beat them, though. A lot of people are down on the team after that last game and hopefully this puts the "underdog" role back into play. That's when they play their best.

The worst NBA team is still too fast and too strong and too crafty for the best NCAA team, any given year.

UK is good against other college players; the Knicks are terrible against other NBA players. Keep that in mind. UK is playing 18/19/20 year olds who have no shot at making the league, but are fighting for the chance. The Knicks are full of players who have made the league.

C'mon, people. Be cereal, please.

Last edited:
bowb4me bowb4me can you please stop referring to us as "KU" :x :smh: that's so disrespectful b, we are not Kansas University :lol: .. it's UK fam, thank you :nthat:

And I'll take UK over the Knicks & 76ers current roster in a pick-up game at the Rucker, but on an NBA court with NBA rules I'd have to give the pros the edge.

WCS is a top 7 pick, who ever said back-end of the lotto clearly doesn't watch college ball. How many 7 footers can guard positions 1 - 5? Tyson Chandler/Jokim Noah hybrid, he's probably the safest pick in this upcoming draft.

The twins on the other hand are gonna struggle at the next level unfortunately, I'd prefer Aaron over Andrew if I was a GM.

Get ready for the Tyler Ulis & my youngin Isiah Briscoe back court next season :pimp:

Last edited:
Wiz signing Will Bynum 
nerd.gif
?

Hypothetical question.

If you took the NBA rookie team after 1 season in the league and put them against a All Star team of the best college players. Would the NBA guys wash the college guys?

Rookies don't always lose to the sophomores do they? I ask because I think right now the rookie team could beat the Knicks without any team chemistry.

Last edited:
Hypothetical question.

If you took the NBA rookie team after 1 season in the league and put them against a All Star team of the best college players. Would the NBA guys wash the college guys?
That's a far more entertaining and interesting question than 'NCAA champs vs. worst NBA team' every year.

I'd absolutely still go with the NBA guys, though. The All Rookie team would most likely be the previous year's NCAA All Star team, but now with a year under their belt of competing against NBA talent everyday in practice, and for 82 games against other NBAers.

I think the All-Rookie would beat the College team by 15 points

They still may not beat the Knicks unless its a deep rookie class

That's a far more entertaining and interesting question than 'NCAA champs vs. worst NBA team' every year.

I'd absolutely still go with the NBA guys, though. The All Rookie team would most likely be the previous year's NCAA All Star team, but now with a year under their belt of competing against NBA talent everyday in practice, and for 82 games against other NBAers.

You don't think the Rookie team this year has a chance at beating the Knicks? Dudes aren't even a full season in and are close to college players as we can get. Without any team chemistry I think they can beat the Knicks.

That's why I don't see why UK wouldn't. 3 months in the league before the All Star game doesn't change your speed and body that drastically.

Wcs is gonna be a disappointment in the pros

:lol: at guarding 1-5, in the nba i doubt it

You can't be a disappointment if your only expected to come in crash the boards, block shots, and be a rim protector. Nobody is expecting WCS to come in average 15, 15, & 5.

His athleticism and wing span will allow him to guard and switch on multiple positions in the NBA, unlike most bigs he'll be able to come out to the top of the key like a Jokim Noah.

SherlockCloseDoor.gif

Close That Door, b.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom