The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kobe will not leave until it is absolutely impossible for him to get a 6th ring ever.

This season just shows that it won't be this season.

When it's clear that it is never going to ever happen as a player, he'll retire.

If we have a SOLID squad 6 years from now and Kobe is a hobbling member of the team, he will hobble his way to an attempted 6th.

I know he said he's not going out like that. I don't believe him. He also said if Pau goes, he goes. And if Fish goes, he goes.

I see no one hating here. Kobe is getting payed 25 million for this year. For the production, he isn't even worth 1/4 of that,

D-league talent? Who's fault is that? Bean ran off Dwight Howard, a young center piece the lakers could have built around,

None of this is Kobe's fault. Dwight didnt want to be in LA anyway.

It don't work like that. The lakers are stuck with bean for another year.

I'm pretty sure a player can retire whenever he wants. Yeah, the Lakers can't cut or trade him, but if he wants to quit playing on his own, he can.

So let me get this straight.  The Lakers, who won 25 games last year, got rid of their second best player and people are blaming Kobe for still being a crappy team?

I see no one hating here. Kobe is getting payed 25 million for this year. For the production, he isn't even worth 1/4 of that,

D-league talent? Who's fault is that? Bean ran off Dwight Howard, a young center piece the lakers could have built around,
None of this is Kobe's fault. Dwight didnt want to be in LA anyway.
If I had a nickel for every time...

Kobe will not leave until it is absolutely impossible for him to get a 6th ring ever.

This season just shows that it won't be this season.

When it's clear that it is never going to ever happen as a player, he'll retire.

If we have a SOLID squad 6 years from now and Kobe is a hobbling member of the team, he will hobble his way to an attempted 6th.

I know he said he's not going out like that. I don't believe him. He also said if Pau goes, he goes. And if Fish goes, he goes.
I honestly think this upcoming offseason will be the determining factor if Kobe stays past next year. If the Lakers get a star like Rondo, or even a couple pieces like Greg Monroe, Rudy Gay, or a Brook Lopez, I can see him re-upping for 2 more years. If not he's good as gone.

Also that Pau or Fish I'm gone talk was BS. He was just trying to call their buff like Doc did in the Sterling incident, but for Kobe it failed.

Last edited:

So let me get this straight.  The Lakers, who won 25 games last year, got rid of their second best player and people are blaming Kobe for still being a crappy team?
No.

People are blaming Kobe for shooting too much, and his defense team is making it sound like something bigger than what it is, like he's being blamed for the team being crappy.

The team is crappy because our management is collectively boneheaded, and because our roster is made of glass, ceramic, and Kool Aid.

But none of that has anything to do w/ what Kobe is being criticized for, what he's always been criticized for.

Last edited:
I'm a big a Kobe critic you'll ever find, but like I said before, Kobe could play like Magic, Michael and Larry (in terms of how he operates) and it wouldn't matter a damn bit. They have zero defense, they don't wish to play defense and they don't have the personnel to play defense. Their coach is as inept as Brown and D'antoni. This situation goes beyond Kobe and his shot selection, even though yes that can also be a problem as well. That isn't their biggest issue.

I'm a big a Kobe critic you'll ever find, but like I said before, Kobe could play like Magic, Michael and Larry (in terms of how he operates) and it wouldn't matter a damn bit. They have zero defense, they don't wish to play defense and they don't have the personnel to play defense. Their coach is as inept as Brown and D'antoni. This situation goes beyond Kobe and his shot selection, even though yes that can also be a problem as well. That isn't their biggest issue.
Completely agree w/ all o' that.

Some one made the point on twitter that Kobe generall inefficiency was less of a problem when the whole league was inefficient.

but now with most of the NBA running more sophisticated offenses, will we ever see another championship won with a gunner like Kobe as the lead dog?

No.

People are blaming Kobe for shooting too much, and his defense team is making it sound like something bigger than what it is, like he's being blamed for the team being crappy.

The team is crappy because our management is collectively boneheaded, and because our roster is made of glass, ceramic, and Kool Aid.

But none of that has anything to do w/ what Kobe is being criticized for, what he's always been criticized for.
Who would you prefer shoot then?  Jeremy Lin who is shooting an astounding 34% for the season?  Boozer who is shooting 42% as a post player?  Wesley Johnson who is shooting 41%?  Ed Davis and Jordan Hill have been playing pretty well but neither of them can create their own shot very well.

The problem with this team is NOT Kobe shooting too much.  It is the latter part of what you are talking about.  You will not win games in this league when you give up a 120 ppg and are last in the league in defense which is a collective team effort.  They are scoring fine.

Some one made the point on twitter that Kobe generall inefficiency was less of a problem when the whole league was inefficient.

but now with most of the NBA running more sophisticated offenses, will we ever see another championship won with a gunner like Kobe as the lead dog?
I have always said Kobe Bryant was one of the biggest exceptions to the game of basketball the game has ever seen. You don't win by playing the way Kobe has. Yet he found a way, somehow.

There is  the fact that Kobe Bryant has been one of the most fortunate superstars the game has seen outside of Larry, Magic etc. Kobe's had what, two or three seasons where he's had a crappy team? He had Phil for several years.

In short, yes I do think there could be some more exceptions (look at Iverson leading the 6ers to the finals) but unlikely

No.

Who would you prefer shoot then?  Jeremy Lin who is shooting an astounding 34% for the season?  Boozer who is shooting 42% as a post player?  Wesley Johnson who is shooting 41%?  Ed Davis and Jordan Hill have been playing pretty well but neither of them can create their own shot very well.

The problem with this team is NOT Kobe shooting too much.  It is the latter part of what you are talking about.  You will not win games in this league when you give up a 120 ppg and are last in the league in defense which is a collective team effort.  They are scoring fine.
No one.

It should be Kobe. All the time. Lin should never shoot in the waning moments of the game so long as Kobe is on the roster.

Ellington, Boozer, Wes... they're all just set up men for offensive schemes that should result in a Kobe shot, 100% of the time.

I mean... c'mon, of course I expect them to shoot. 
laugh.gif

So we arguing with the current squad the Lakers put on the floor whether or not this is Kobes fault?

Bright spot: Ed Davis

I have always said Kobe Bryant was one of the biggest exceptions to the game of basketball the game has ever seen. You don't win by playing the way Kobe has. Yet he found a way, somehow.

There is  the fact that Kobe Bryant has been one of the most fortunate superstars the game has seen outside of Larry, Magic etc. Kobe's had what, two or three seasons where he's had a crappy team? He had Phil for several years.

In short, yes I do think there could be some more exceptions (look at Iverson leading the 6ers to the finals) but unlikely
Facts.

TMac probably cries himself to sleep wishing he could have had Phil and Shaq for all those years, then Phil and Pau for some more years, sprinkled in w/ some Horry and LO and Ariza and Fox here and there.

No one.

It should be Kobe. All the time. Lin should never shoot in the waning moments of the game so long as Kobe is on the roster.

Ellington, Boozer, Wes... they're all just set up men for offensive schemes that should result in a Kobe shot, 100% of the time.

I mean... c'mon, of course I expect them to shoot. 
laugh.gif
So you are saying is you would rather have Lin jacking up another 10 shots a game? 
laugh.gif

But of course, the Lakers are scoring over 100 ppg but it is Kobe shooting too much that is the problem.  Lets ignore the fact that they are literally last in the league in D.

Last edited:
So far, ep is the not rookie who's actually doing something. The rest of the rookie class have been underwhelming so far. I know its early in the season, I just hope the rooks step it up soon.

Man it's two games into the damn season. :lol:

Perhaps someone can explain this to me.

I am sure that Cleveland is a nice place to visit and all, but how does a franchise like the Cavaliers, that is in a city that hasn't won anything since 1964, doesn't have any beaches, Hollywood lights, starlets, no celebrity driven culture, become the desired destination spot for highly skilled players looking to advance their careers, while enjoying their pro status?

It seems that LA has all of that to offer, with the Lakers being that marquee team.

What happened?

They have money, they made quite a few offers to players, why the seemingly sudden disdain, for what is a supposedly storied franchise?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom