The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
TONY PARKER & TIM DUNCAN?!?!??!

You're counting that?!?!

Last edited:

Lets conveniently leave off the fact that Tmac also played with Vince Carter, Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobli, Tony Parker.  Lets conveniently ignore Kobe's longevity due to his ridiculous conditioning regime that has allowed him to play so long at such a high level which also factors into him playing with other hall of famers.
Did dude just mention Duncan, Manu and Parker. Don't do this

TONY PARKER & TIM DUNCAN?!?!??!

You're counting that?!?!
So it counts when Kobe plays with Pau and Lamar at age 33 but it doesn't count when Tmac plays with Parker, Duncan, and Manu at 33 because he didn't have the conditioning to crack the rotation?  All im saying is it is easy to throw out how many great players someone has player with when they have played at a high level for 19 years.

Last edited:
But I agree with your second sentence for sure. Imagine Kobe getting into a situation like LeBron, for the first 7 seasons of his career. Kobe would have an entirely different legacy.
Yup. Even Melo had a much better situation early in his career.
Kobe could've had a TMac career if he were put with those crappy Cleveland squads for his first 7 years.

Unfunny trolls are the worst
Im not trolling Im simply stating Tmac did play with good players at points in his career.  The only difference is he had terrible health problems.  When you take a 20 year sample size and compare it to a six year sample size, yes, it will look like Kobe has been incredibly fortunate.

Last edited:
People call Kobe a ballhog but he's averaged around 5 assists his entire career :lol: go figure. People wanna see these assist numbers on paper like Kobe just went from the 1st scoring option to Rondo.

Lol at these ifs. If Jordan didn't have Pippen and Rodman, If Duncan never had Robinson, Ginobili, Parker, if Kobe never had Shaq and Pau, if LeBron didn't have Wade and Bosh. See how easy that is?

Last edited:
Tmacs prime years were spent with Yao Ming....Bob sura, David Wesley, Scott Padgett, Ryan Bowen, bonzi wells, Jon Barry, Chuck Hayes, Mike James...need I go on?

Im not trolling Im simply stating Tmac did play with good players at points in his career.  The only difference is he had terrible health problems.  When you take a 20 year sample size and compare it to a six year sample size, yes, it will look like Kobe has been incredibly fortunate.

Why even compare the two if t mac been washed up since 08

So . . . the coach you were hoping to play for signs with the Knicks, and your decision is based upon how you will be treated by those in charge, and the leader of the team walks in, and then says this, in order to recruit you, 
You need to learn how it’s done first, and I can teach you here,
You have to learn how it’s done,” Bryant told Howard, witnesses described. “I know how to do it and I’ve learned from the best – players who have won multiple times over and over.” “Instead of trying to do things your way, just listen and learn and tweak it, so it fits you,” 
Where do I sign up

Nah', Howard's leaving had absolutely nothing to do Bryant, nothing.

[img]http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/kobe-bryant-dwight-howard.jpg[/img]  

Last edited:
Kobe's supporting cast now is essentially what Lebron had to play with for his first 7 years in the league. Difference between Kobe and Lebron though is that Lebron was able to make those bums around him confident in themselves and made the team actually somewhat respectable. Kobe can't do that.

BECAUSE THAT IS MY POINT!!!!!!!  Kobe has had the opportunity to play with that mean people because he has been at a high level for so long.  You know damn well that if Kobe would have played with Duncan, Parker, and Manu at 33 people would be bring that up as well.

People call Kobe a ballhog but he's averaged around 5 assists his entire career
laugh.gif
go figure. People wanna see these assist numbers on paper like Kobe just went from the 1st scoring option to Rondo.
Proves ballhogs can rack up assists more than anything and that assists aren't black and white indicators of unselfishness

BECAUSE THAT IS MY POINT!!!!!!!  Kobe has had the opportunity to play with that mean people because he has been at a high level for so long.  You know damn well that if Kobe would have played with Duncan, Parker, and Manu at 33 people would be bring that up as well.

tmac's body gave out by the late 20s. dont care how great you are, when your body is that of an old man :x

Imagine most sports icons in different places and their careers could've turned out differently

Kobe's career is better than McGradys career for a variety of reasons

Deal with it

Kobe's supporting cast now is essentially what Lebron had to play with for his first 7 years in the league. Difference between Kobe and Lebron though is that Lebron was able to make those bums around him confident in themselves and made the team actually somewhat respectable. Kobe can't do that.

Funny how you are comparing a Prime and YOUNG lebron to a very old Kobe Bryant who is on his last legs

Now if both players were the same age in the same situation then you can hate on Kobe all you want about dealing with his teammates and making them better and i would agree with you.

Imagine most sports icons in different places and their careers could've turned out differently

Kobe's career is better than McGradys career for a variety of reasons

Deal with it
I think most people accept that, it's just people like you who get so damn defensive and bitter when folks discuss legacies that can't wrap their minds around other facts

Last edited:
tmac's body gave out by the late 20s. dont care how great you are, when your body is that of an old man
sick.gif
Agreed.  Im not saying that at all.  All im saying is when you are only great for 5-6 years it is hard to play with the same amount of great players as someone who has played at that level for 19.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom