The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Facts.

TMac probably cries himself to sleep wishing he could have had Phil and Shaq for all those years, then Phil and Pau for some more years, sprinkled in w/ some Horry and LO and Ariza and Fox here and there.
Yeah its not like he was never on a team with Yao, Dikembe, Juwan Howard, Mike James when he didn't suck, and David Wesley or anything.

I have always said Kobe Bryant was one of the biggest exceptions to the game of basketball the game has ever seen. You don't win by playing the way Kobe has. Yet he found a way, somehow.

There is  the fact that Kobe Bryant has been one of the most fortunate superstars the game has seen outside of Larry, Magic etc. Kobe's had what, two or three seasons where he's had a crappy team? He had Phil for several years.

In short, yes I do think there could be some more exceptions (look at Iverson leading the 6ers to the finals) but unlikely
This is a beautiful post :smokin

I have always said Kobe Bryant was one of the biggest exceptions to the game of basketball the game has ever seen. You don't win by playing the way Kobe has. Yet he found a way, somehow.

There is  the fact that Kobe Bryant has been one of the most fortunate superstars the game has seen outside of Larry, Magic etc. Kobe's had what, two or three seasons where he's had a crappy team? He had Phil for several years.

In short, yes I do think there could be some more exceptions (look at Iverson leading the 6ers to the finals) but unlikely

I always said hes melo with 5 rings

If kobe never won anything his ability to be a "ballhog" wouldnt be glorified like its been his whole career

[h1]Perk[/h1]

foh with that
laugh.gif

Perhaps someone can explain this to me.

I am sure that Cleveland is a nice place to visit and all, but how does a franchise like the Cavaliers, that is in a city that hasn't won anything since 1964, doesn't have any beaches, Hollywood lights, starlets, no celebrity driven culture, become the desired destination spot for highly skilled players looking to advance their careers, while enjoying their pro status?

It seems that LA has all of that to offer, with the Lakers being that marquee team.

What happened?

They have money, they made quite a few offers to players, why the seemingly sudden disdain, for what is a supposedly storied franchise?
No, it's just the Lakers.

The Clippers seem to be quite the attraction.

I don't know why, though. Solid question you bring up.

I don't know, man.

I always said hes melo with 5 rings

If kobe never won anything his ability to be a "ballhog" wouldnt be glorified like its been his whole career
I'm not going to open the Melo slander can of worms again, but Kobe is a considerably better player than Melo. IQ, fundamentals, defense, athleticism... Kobe was much more complete than Melo

But I agree with your second sentence for sure. Imagine Kobe getting into a situation like LeBron, for the first 7 seasons of his career. Kobe would have an entirely different legacy.

Facts.

TMac probably cries himself to sleep wishing he could have had Phil and Shaq for all those years, then Phil and Pau for some more years, sprinkled in w/ some Horry and LO and Ariza and Fox here and there.
Yeah its not like he was never on a team with Yao, Dikembe, Juwan Howard, Mike James when he didn't suck, and David Wesley or anything.
You, right there, sitting there reading this.

I'm giving you 2 choices for an NBA career.

You can either play a few seasons with Yao and a broken Dikembe, a finished Juwan, an inconsistent James and Wesley..... or you can have an NBA career that starts w/ Shaq, then Phil joins you both, then you have Fox and Horry... then both Phil and Shaq leave but Phil comes back w/ Pau Gasol and Trevor Ariza and Lamar Odom.

Which career you picking?

C'mon, man.

At some point, it's got to be ok to just acknowledge how fortunate Kobe's career has been. Acknowledging that doesn't make you a bad person, man. Don't be afraid. It's ok. You can still call him a beast and whatever else you want to think about him, but he has been incredibly fortunate.

Last edited:
No.

He didn't run off Phil and Scottie, though.

Ok, Ska. Not sure why you think every player has to have the Tim Duncan mentality and take less money to be a "team player". Spurs and Lakers are two totally different franchises with two totally different philosophies that are mainly from the Coach. On top of it, the Spurs are loaded consistently and have stability.

Also, not sure of what your definition is of a "team player" is. MJ let Scottie be more ball dominant for two reasons. 1. He realized that the offense flowed better with Scottie being the distributor 2. It opened up the offense for Mike to still be great. Phil's system doesnt work with selfish players.

The Lakers sucked and had no talent and no coach. Why would Dwight stay with LA? He didnt leave because of Kobe.

No.

He didn't run off Phil and Scottie, though.

Ok, Ska. Not sure why you think every player has to have the Tim Duncan mentality and take less money to be a "team player". Spurs and Lakers are two totally different franchises with two totally different philosophies that are mainly from the Coach. On top of it, the Spurs are loaded consistently and have stability.

Also, not sure of what your definition is of a "team player" is. MJ let Scottie be more ball dominant for two reasons. 1. He realized that the offense flowed better with Scottie being the distributor 2. It opened up the offense for Mike to still be great. Phil's system doesnt work with selfish players.

The Lakers sucked and had no talent and no coach. Why would Dwight stay with LA? He didnt leave because of Kobe.
Things I didn't say:

"Every player has to have the Tim Duncan mentality."

"Dwight left because of Kobe."

You asked if I expected Kobe to turn that down. No, no I didn't. No way. Not him.

You, right there, sitting there reading this.

I'm giving you 2 choices for an NBA career.

You can either play a few seasons with Yao and a broken Dikembe, a finished Juwan, an inconsistent James and Wesley..... or you can have an NBA career that starts w/ Shaq, then Phil joins you both, then you have Fox and Horry... then both Phil and Shaq leave but Phil comes back w/ Pau Gasol and Trevor Ariza and Lamar Odom.

Which career you picking?

C'mon, man.

At some point, it's got to be ok to just acknowledge how fortunate Kobe's career has been. Acknowledging that doesn't make you a bad person, man. Don't be afraid. It's ok. You can still call him a beast and whatever else you want to think about him, but he has been incredibly fortunate.
Lets conveniently leave off the fact that Tmac also played with Vince Carter, Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobli, Tony Parker.  Lets conveniently ignore Kobe's longevity due to his ridiculous conditioning regime that has allowed him to play so long at such a high level which also factors into him playing with other hall of famers.

Lets conveniently leave off the fact that Tmac also played with Vince Carter, Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobli, Tony Parker.  Lets conveniently ignore Kobe's longevity due to his ridiculous conditioning regime that has allowed him to play so long at such a high level which also factors into him playing with other hall of famers.
Thai stick? Sticky green?

Ya'll need to let me know what it is. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom