The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

This reminds me, Charles Barkley spoke on this once before and he made a point that still stuck with me today. I doubt I'll be able to find a video or even an article about it but it was on Inside the NBA one night and he said something to the effect of "I'm not winning a championship for me, I'm already a millionaire and living out my childhood dream, I wanted to win that championship for that city and the fans, its more about them that it is anybody else. Its their championship more than mine" which feeds into the point of Championships belonging to cities.
yeah but that's bull **** though, and you know it. chips dont belong to cities they belong to teams. the players win the chips not the fans. fans dont get the touch or hold or even see the trophy when they want to. He was saying that to be pc.
Charles Barkley.........being pc?

San Antonio is scary right now. They're getting hot at the right moment.

Hoping for that Golden State SA wcf...

Somewhere the Grizzlies lost it... And Rockets might get lucky with a first round match up vs the blazers

Vivek about to Vivek.

Aaron Bruski @aaronbruski
I don’t think that anything is concrete but DeMarcus Cousins trade speculation has jumped considerably among Kings sources in last 24 hours.

Really weird quotes coming from the whole org about this Boogie situation. :nerd:

This dude Vivek is really on one, he got some James Dolan and Al Davis in him if he green lights this ****.

Boston would be the ideal landing spot but Boogie didn't like playing with IT.

knicks gonna trade that number 1-2 pick for him.

This reminds me, Charles Barkley spoke on this once before and he made a point that still stuck with me today. I doubt I'll be able to find a video or even an article about it but it was on Inside the NBA one night and he said something to the effect of "I'm not winning a championship for me, I'm already a millionaire and living out my childhood dream, I wanted to win that championship for that city and the fans, its more about them that it is anybody else. Its their championship more than mine" which feeds into the point of Championships belonging to cities.

yeah but that's bull **** though, and you know it. chips dont belong to cities they belong to teams. the players win the chips not the fans. fans dont get the touch or hold or even see the trophy when they want to. He was saying that to be pc.

he's never won a chip, its easy to say he'd give it to the fans. It's always the right thing to say 'I'm doing this for you!! without you there is no me'....straight bs. And they know it. They werent with you shooting in the gym charles.

So all the Lebron haters have been ridiculing him for going to play with Wade and Bosh, but even kobe acknowledges that you can't win alone. That's funny. :lol:

Kawhi is probably the most important player in the entire playoffs.

When GSW and SAS inevitably meet, his defense is going to be paramount to disrupting their system.

Looking out for the matchup of him vs Curry and Green (who has also come alive on defense vs Klay.

A lot of onus will be on Draymond in that series, also a huge chance for their bench.

J.R. Smith: LeBron Is "The Real MVP"

“Who? The real MVP?” Smith said, his message echoing to the sellout crowd of 20,562 who were making their way to the exits. “There’s a lot of speculation about who should get the award, but we all know who the real MVP is.”

“In actuality, if you really wanted to, you could give it to him every year,” Smith said. “I mean, the numbers, what he does for teams. You see one year removed from a team like Miami — and they probably won’t even make the playoffs — to a team that hasn’t made the playoffs since he left and then, all of the sudden, we’re a 52-win team. So, I don’t think you can do that with anybody else that’s in our league right now.

“Not to knock anything from [Curry and Harden]. They’re having great years, career years for both of them, but if you want to be realistic about it, you could give it to him every time.”

http://deadspin.com/j-r-smith-lebron-is-the-real-mvp-1697698063

BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE

What's my analysis of the team? I felt like I've been pretty fair in rating them :lol:

just get this vibe like you would be more surprised at the grizz winning a chip or making the finals than you would if they were eliminated.

Kobe really didn't snitch on Shaq

It was an off record conversation that was leaked later

I remember reading the police transcript and never seeing anything said about shaq. still don't know how that got out or where it came from

Isaiah Thomas is so fun to watch. Him and Jae Crowder are my dudes and I'm glad Danny scooped them botn

boston will go far with a core of IT crowder and avery bradley. I'm a believer :pimp:

he's never won a chip, its easy to say he'd give it to the fans. It's always the right thing to say 'I'm doing this for you!! without you there is no me'....straight bs. And they know it. They werent with you shooting in the gym charles.
If it was any other player I'd agree with you but Charles is an idiot who just says whatever is on his mind. Coming from him I believe it more.

If the Spurs and cavs meet in the finals. Lebron might retire after this season. He'd be depressed when he walks on the court. This dude is mentally the weakest superstar ever played.

Worse thing that could happen to Cleveland is them making it to the finals and spurs getting in out the west. I'd love to see the warriors get there but I'm not sold on them yet. I still think the spurs get it done and Timmy goes out a back to back champ and love comes next year [emoji]128513[/emoji]

The lottery pick from this year will also be on a rookie contract. :x :x

Fire Saunders and hire Mike Malone, trade Rubio for a 1st rounder, trade Pek for anything you can get.

KG buys the team 2016.

San Antonio is scary right now. They're getting hot at the right moment.

Hoping for that Golden State SA wcf...

Somewhere the Grizzlies lost it... And Rockets might get lucky with a first round match up vs the blazers

Spurs go to the finals....against the Cavs....kawhi putting the clamps on lebae

Spurs would body the Cavs

Love and Kyrie are not ready for the finals....

First playoffs ever

3 posts in this thread, all about the spurs.

hmmmmm...

I don't like the I'm a millionaire and I'm living out my dreams statement either. 

You're wining a championship to cement your legacy. 

lawd i'd love for the spurs to break lebron again.

let tiago say it 'if he dies, he dies'.

kawhichael jordan would clamp down on bron so bad.

The lottery pick from this year will also be on a rookie contract.
sick.gif
sick.gif

Fire Saunders and hire Mike Malone, trade Rubio for a 1st rounder, trade Pek for anything you can get.

KG buys the team 2016.
agreed 
 The Blazers' injury list is a starting lineup that could win a playoff series. It’s too bad, teams don’t limp into winning a title.
mean.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom