The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
6ers and Heat trying to pour Kool-aid in each others tank 
laugh.gif

Nerlens Noel will NOT play tonight. Ish Smith is questionable
— Keith Pompey (@PompeyOnSixers) April 15, 2015

Was there a separate playoff prediction thread or was it in here? I remember some heated arguments over the East. People were saying Miami missing was absurd and Indiana was for sure out of it.

I thought for sure Charlotte would make it. SMMFH

Havent watched a ton of Whiteside this year, but does he have the skill to be a focal point of an offense? Like back to basket, pick n roll, pass out of double type ish?

Bosh is pretty dynamic offensively. He got relegated to a stretch big with the Cheatles, but lets not forget Toronto Bosh.
He's got all the skillsets of a dominant center + he is decent from midrange. Bosh is definitely capable of being #1 but Whiteside can too and more efficiently plus he is younger... and more dominant. It is a no-brainer imo, they would be dumb not to... after a full training camp with Dragic, Wade, Bosh, McBob... I think he will make that transition

I hope he opts to play summer league this year too

Last edited:
Really curious as to how Chicago and Atlanta are gonna play this one tonight, correct me if I'm wrong but if the Bulls win they get the 3 seed and if they lose they get the 4 seed. The 3 seed would potentially be Putting Chicago up against Cleveland in the 2nd round Instead of Atlanta. Maybe Chicago is wanting the 3 seed to catch The Bucks In The 1st Round Instead of the Wizards. That would make sense.

Last edited:
I think you are missing the framework of the conversation

The framework was about talent and cast offs

Curry, Thompson, Bogut, Barnes, Iggy, Draymond and Lee all would not be considered cast offs

All of them are either All-Stars, max contract guys, a wanted trade acquisition or young talent

That 7 guys

A NBA roster only has 12 spots

Obviously the Warriors have more talent than the Hawks but i know damn well you AND Ryan both didn't even DREAM the Warriors would have the number one record in the L with the "talent" you just mentioned.

On top of that, you and Ryan are the only dudes that keep downplaying the guys in the Hawks to fit your agendas. Carroll and Korver BOTH been killing it and in your post you go and make it seem like because they have been on a certain amount of teams, that all of a sudden should count for something. Then you try to downplay Millsap, A TWO time allstar, and talk about how he wasn't a "highly sought after free agent" like that even matters.

You bring up max contract guys as if that means ANYTHING. All that means is the Warriors were dumb as hell before for giving David Lee a max contract. Don't sit here and act like when David Lee iniitally got the contract you thought he was REALLY a max contract player. He wasn't then and he isn't now.

If this thread had regular season awards

Rookie of the Year: RyanJumpan. Came into the thread year one and took it by storm, turned the Hawks from cinderella story into one of the most hated teams ITT

Most Improved Player/Poster: A-Friend. Everyone hated A-Friend last year, now no one hates him

6th Man: Only way I could translate this to thread terms is someone who came into the thread late but still managed to leave a mark on it. You already know who I'm voting for

Coach of the Year: Couldnt think how to translate this

Defensive Player of the Year: Couldnt think how to translate this

MVP:Lawdog. Most consistent humor/insight/post frequency ratio in the thread.

Obviously the Warriors have more talent than the Hawks but i know damn well you AND Ryan both didn't even DREAM the Warriors would have the number one record in the L with the "talent" you just mentioned.

On top of that, you and Ryan are the only dudes that keep downplaying the guys in the Hawks to fit your agendas. Carroll and Korver BOTH been killing it and in your post you go and make it seem like because they have been on a certain amount of teams, that all of a sudden should count for something. Then you try to downplay Millsap, A TWO time allstar, and talk about how he wasn't a "highly sought after free agent" like that even matters.

You bring up max contract guys as if that means ANYTHING. All that means is the Warriors were dumb as hell before for giving David Lee a max contract. Don't sit here and act like when David Lee iniitally got the contract you thought he was REALLY a max contract player. He wasn't then and he isn't now.
Yea Korver been Killin it the same dude who everybody here clowned when he made the all star team. Everything u said is BS. And Millsap wasn't all star until he got to atlanta last season. IIf he had been so good he'd be getting more than 9.5 mil a year now. And Korver would have demanded more than 5 Mil a year. Everybody on the hawks roster looks like a steal. Highest paid player is horford makin 12.

How does Portland have the 4 seed, shouldn't they be at 6?

I think they won their division. It looks weird though with them having more losses than other playoff teams. It is hilarious though that because of those losses, they're 4th, yet can't have homecourt

Last edited:
I vote myself Most improved poster

all my ratchet stories have been quite entertaining, plus it was facts

from the ****** meeting to pooping on people stoop to late night escapade in the car with my good friend with period blood on his mouth

i want the pacers to lay hands on the grizz tonight and claim that final spot.

They need to lose and enter the lottery.

everyone says cavs because they know he is the best player of all time and they know they expect him to win

View media item 1492935
View media item 1492946\\

View media item 1492948

View media item 1492950

You realize Jordan went to college for 3 years, right?

These Heat Cavs Lebron stans are the absolute worse.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom