The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
so when you call a foul, there isnt continuation on the play? Even if you make the shot after, it doesnt count and you just get the ball back?

bruh bruh def doesn't need max. thats on my mama. there should be hella vids out there cuz I know cats were recording and yelling **** like Drummond getting exposed. he's a cool young dude but he's not max yet.

to compare to james young, he grew up right down the street too and he used to come to the gym and completely obliterate everyone. Dude was damn near unguardable. He cooked me hella times. Good thing was he never had defense so on the other end, I got my points off him too. But dude was just on a different playing field. And this was pre kentucky. HS senior version James young was serving dudes. paws.
Andre Drummond doesn't deserve the max, but you bring in James Young as the counter. 
laugh.gif

so when you call a foul, there isnt continuation on the play? Even if you make the shot after, it doesnt count and you just get the ball back?
Yup. If you get fouled and make it that shot doesnt count, you shouldnt have called foul. But then you get the ball back. Once you say the word "foul" its a dead ball.
This man knows whats up

Last edited:
Nah here you call foul or and1 and make it there continuation. You miss you get the ball back. But yea i guess its different in different places.

Yup. If you get fouled and make it that shot doesnt count, you shouldnt have called foul. But then you get the ball back. Once you say the word "foul" its a dead ball.

This man knows whats up

That's crazy to me. If I say "and I," it means I really think I got fouled. So, if I happen to miss, I think I should still get the ball back. Weird to me that a foul would get negated just because you didn't actually say "foul." Guess they don't cotton to that "showboating" type stuff over there in the Midwest.

guys usually yell "BALL!" when they get fouled....

I hate in the NBA hearing guys yell "ANNNNND ONEEEEEEE" on shots that don't have a prayer of going in....

Check out this pissy little Celtic's history...

thomas1.jpg

‘In Thomas’s junior year, Washington was in a close game at Washington State. There was a late timeout and Thomas needed to use the bathroom, but he worried that if he left the game he might not return in time. So he asked for a towel and told his teammates to encircle him.

“He put the towel in his shorts and peed on the bench, because he didn’t want to check out,” said Chillious, who became an assistant at Washington. “That was a guy who wanted to compete.”

Last edited:
That **** irks me enough watching NBA games how often kats yell "And oooooooooone!" and don't make it, 80% of the time don't even draw the foul. I think the league should make it a tech. If it infiltrated pickup ball and now we gotta stop and give you the ball because you tried some crazy *** shot and fell down for no reason trying to make yourself look more heroic then missed, it'd get beyond annoying. In fact, kats still do it but after the first argument and/or first time the other team fast breaks and scores while they're down there PaulPierceing (faking injury), they get the message.

Technically you should play 1s and 1.5s also and not 1s and 2s. Puts too much value and therefore emphasis on the longball. Gets game over quickly though

Kareem went through a heart operation today --

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt · 22m22 minutes ago
Best thoughts to @kaj33 after undergoing quadruple-bypass surgery today

Lol and 1 is a foul call man it means I'm calling foul and expecti g to make my shot. come on now.
I'm going to have to agree with Freeze here. "And 1" means "foul" if you miss the shot. Always has as long as I've bee playing.
Nowhere have I played has And 1 been synonymous with a foul call. You call and one because you feel that you've been fouled and you're going to make it anyways but if not you play on and no foul call/possession is awarded so basically its a showboating thing 

You get fouled and want it acknowledged you call "Foul" or else its a no go.
pretty much.
In LA And 1 has always meant you were fouled while shooting and if you miss it's a foul. Never seen someone call it just to show off.
is this like when NBA refs wait to see if a shot misses to call foul? that's weak as hell man. if yall using and1 as foul the shot shouldn't count if it falls. 
I miss that above the rim life. Rim looks like it's 20 feet high to me now. Haven't dunked in 5yrs. All Army gyms kick you out for dunking, unless you can get high enough to dunk without making the rim snap back which isn't hard. It's usually the kats who can't dunk who grab the rim and pull it and waste everyone's time getting the ball and throwing themselves lobs then just jump up and barely even high enough to grab rim. Hell, you can dunk with 2 hands and hang without making the rim make noise or flush it like Melo likes to do without even touching the rim. When women worked the gym, they never knew the difference, they'd just kick you out regardless. Seen kats get kicked out for glass taps
I'm not quite 6'1 so when I first started really jumping I wanted to show out. I would dunk hard and hang on the rim. When I realized I could just grab the rim (was trying to block a lay up on a fast break in 10th grade) I was in awe. And I could dunk off a drop step so I'm sure I could get up high enough to not pop the rim. There were a lot of dudes who wanted try to dunk in between games. Lot of fails. After a while I wouldn't even dunk unless it was in traffic during whole court games; wide open breaks and I would lay it up. 

continuation in pick up games? damn. yall pick up games advanced like a mo**********. yall got working scoreboards and 3 timeouts each too?

*nostalgia

"Dion Waiters going to LA for the Summer to work with Kobe"

Ok huh?, Kobe, you mess with this dude Dion man? Not a good look for Waiters, as far as if he wants to stay in OKC and not get Jeremy Lambed by Russ.

Russ? This cool with you pal?

Technically you should play 1s and 1.5s also and not 1s and 2s. Puts too much value and therefore emphasis on the longball. Gets game over quickly though

I'm a pretty decent 3 point shooter, so I like playing with 2s, but I kind of agree with you. Where I play, it ends up resulting in an average of like 70 percent of the shot attempts that get put up being long-balls. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom