The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
u guys sound like ur rules are dictated by playing with cheaters lulz

if ur going for a layup and u get speared in mid air, you call a foul, but if the ball ends up going in, that doesnt count?

you guys are acting like continuation means some james harden 3 step euro after the call or some s*** lol

Last edited:
They did in Hoopla 3 on 3 Tournaments before they shut that **** down because everyone was fighting.

21 was the greatest, minus getting sprained ankles. And the kat who didn't say nothing until all of a sudden he scores and yells "game!" and you didn't know he had 19 because you been at 19 forever and was ***********

Last edited:
You don't get 2 of steps of continuation

If I'm posting up and I drop step then the defender bumps me hard and I say "foul" while shooting, the basket counts, if I miss, my team retains possession

Otherwise whats the preventing guys from fouling whenever a player attempts to shoot

Last edited:
They did in Hoopla 3 on 3 Tournaments before they shut that **** down because everyone was fighting.

21 was the greatest, minus getting sprained ankles. And the kat who didn't say nothing until all of a sudden he scores and yells "game!" and you didn't know he had 19 because you been at 19 forever and was ***********

:lol: fights every weekend. Dudes showing up with 2 hoopers and one hood *****

so you get the points and another possession? (assuming yall don't play make it take it - score and you get the ball back) that's wild to me.

we need to adopt standardized rules for pick up games nationwide. 
No. You say "and 1" and miss, you get the ball out. You say "and 1" and make it, the points count, and play continues with the other team getting the ball. And no extra points if you make it.
I know you play with the rules you came up with but no one stopped and thought waiting to see if this ball goes in to determine the foul is lame. I hate it when refs do it in the league; doing it in pick up games would be unbearable for me. 

Nah bruh, you called foul because you ain't trust your weightroom work and And 1 ability. No bucket. Your ball up top. Good move though

Last edited:

If I'm posting up and I drop step then the defender bumps me hard and I say "foul" while shooting, the basket counts, if I miss, my team retains possession

Otherwise whats the preventing guys from fouling whenever a player attempts to shoot
The fact that if we fouled every possession he would call foul everytime and we'd never get the ball back prevents us from doing such, and on the flip side if he calls foul for every shot he takes hes never gonna score cause those shots dont count. It balances itself

u guys sound like ur rules are dictated by playing with cheaters lulz

if ur going for a layup per and u get speared in mid air, you call a foul, but if the ball ends up going in, that doesnt count?

you guys are acting like continuation means some james harden 3 step euro after the call or some s*** lol
You went from one extreme to the other man.

But no, you call foul IDC how hard you get fouled, possessions dead right there

Continuation in a pick up game is nonsense, next you're gonna tell me that you guys called 3 seconds in the paint.

Last edited:

A fist to the face bruh

but for real tho, its all about not calling soft *** fouls

then "fouling" the dude the same away on the other end

then giving him a 
grin.gif
 if he calls a foul 

I may be different in certain parts of the country but in Texas whenever I played those are the rules and I play with dudes who have played in college and overseas

You respect the foul call unless the guy waits til after the shot to call foul

sometimes i wont call a soft foul and have the dude stop play to ask if i was a foul

and even though it would be nice to get the ball back i'll say it wasnt a foul to make him feel soft 

Continuation in a pick up game is nonsense, next you're gonna tell me that you guys called 3 seconds in the paint.

Never seen that, but I have seen dudes call illegal screens in a pick up game. That's about the most egregious thing I've seen.

yall play first game 15, every game after 11? We just play straight up, no win by 2. used to do that, but game would go on forever. We used to have a clock, and every game was limited to 11 minutes. We had maaaaaad people waiting to get on the court. The good ol days. Kept the game competitive and intense as hell. No clock anymore. Games can go 20-25 minutes sometimes smh.

I kinda wish dudes would enforce shooting the freethrow....
laugh.gif
that's why guys get to the NCAA and NBA missing freethrows. That facet of the game is completely written off on the playground

*edit*

Avi check
free throws in a pick up game?! 
mean.gif

you can't call foul then say your shot count if you hit it. that's crazy. you say foul it's your ball up top. 

#standardizedrules cause this **** isn't making sense.

Never seen that, but I have seen dudes call illegal screens in a pick up game. That's about the most egregious thing I've seen.

lmaooo i've seen dudes call offensive fouls before. only once or twice, always the short cats.

I may call an illegal screen, but not like a turnover, just like a 'watch yoself b' moment. some cats dont know how to hoop and set up moving screens or they tie you up when you try to go through or slip the screen

Jonathan Givony @DraftExpress
New salary cap projections sent out to NBA teams: 2015-16: 67.1 million, tax 81.6, 2016-17: 89 million, tax 108. 2017-18: 108, 127 tax

I'm really baffled how you can play without continuation
laugh.gif
I'm baffled by how you do. 

How would you call continuation with no ref? Of course the ball handler is gonna say it was in the process every single time.

I've been in games where people call illegal screens and offensive fouls. It makes the entire game unbearable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom