The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
getting continuation calls right in college and the pros is hard enough. how the hell you get it in a pick up game?! i wanna play a pickup game with yall.

do you go to the line after an and 1 or just get another possession?

give me time to get back in shape first

Last edited:
I'm 6'0 but I have a 6'7 wingspan, 7'10 standing reach. I'm mad my athleticism prime predated the whole narcissistic camera phone/social media era so I have no videos or proof of it other than one video that was on zippyvideos (came out before youtube) and therefore no longer exists.

Nope, you called foul because you thought a foul illegally prevented you from making the shot.

or

You didn't call or called "And 1!" because you thought you would made it anyways irregardless of the foul and wanted to talk **** about it too.

*missed*

oops, ball is still live.

Of course, some of the extra cheating *** cats (old heads) would say, "I gave you ball," if you like get it back and tip it in or your teammates did. "Nah I stopped ball, I thought you called." We used to have some super cheating *** kats, ironically, the main one played at Westpoint and All Army so he was no scrub. He was just a big ol' bully *** dude and a MAJ in the Army so nobody would say anything to him. Then after the game he'd come up to you and dap you up and be like, "Good call D, you right that was good D you ain't foul," after the game even though he just called you everything but a child of God and tried to fight you over the call a few minutes ago.

i always make sure to win the game on a 3 (2) when we need one point to win 
pimp.gif

I might as well call And 1 everytime then, theres no drawback in this pick up basketball fantasy land. I miss I get the ball back, I make it points.

You guys are dictating your own continuations? What is this?

Last edited:
I might as well call And 1 everytime then, theres no drawback in this pick up basketball fantasy land. I miss I get the ball back, I make it points.

Not quite. Because if you keep saying "and 1" when you clearly did not get fouled, someone is going to punch you eventually. I only say that when its a real foul.

Not quite. Because if you keep saying "and 1" when you clearly did not get fouled, someone is going to punch you eventually. I only say that when its a real foul.
Yeah but how long is that gonna take, 6 errant calls? I've gotten six extra possessions at that point, I came out on top of that exchange.

tbh i dont remember the last time ive called a foul. the only time I feel like I get fouled is when its so obvious that play stops without needing to call anything 

do you go to the line after an and 1 or just get another possession?

give me time to get back in shape first
Just the ball back. I don't think they shoot FTs anywhere in pick up games.
so you get the points and another possession? (assuming yall don't play make it take it - score and you get the ball back) that's wild to me.

we need to adopt standardized rules for pick up games nationwide. 

tbh i dont remember the last time ive called a foul. the only time I feel like I get fouled is when its so obvious that play stops without needing to call anything 
I went to the Y to ball for the first time in a long time on Saturday people kept asking me why I didnt call foul. Its not that serious anymore man I'm just not that wrapped up into it, the one time I got a call someone hit me dead in the face and there wasnt even a debate, they just gave the ball back.

This And 1 discussion needs a poll. 

Mr. Friendly knows the deal, And 1 isnt a foul call

saying "and 1" as you shoot it isn't a foul. if it goes in, count it. if it misses, play goes on.

if you want the foul call say "foul"

Some of y'all don't play continuation?

WTH?
Now I'm confused. I thought you had a good head on your shoulders.

You call foul and the possession is dead right there. Theres no continuation no nothing. You call foul and you  go reset and touch the ball up at the 3 point line cause nothing you do matters after the word foul is said.

If pro refs cant accurately call continuation how are you going to let someone call their own? Dudes gonna be cheating for days with that.

My boy @nickmaz96  knows what it is

What soft *** places are yall from that you play continuation in pick up?

Y'all ****** really calling And one...scoring...and getting the ball back? Where the **** they do that at?

Last edited:
so you get the points and another possession? (assuming yall don't play make it take it - score and you get the ball back) that's wild to me.

we need to adopt standardized rules for pick up games nationwide. 

No. You say "and 1" and miss, you get the ball out. You say "and 1" and make it, the points count, and play continues with the other team getting the ball. And no extra points if you make it.

And one doesn't mean a foul in pickup games

It means you are a scrub and you fouling me but Im going to make the shot anyways

Ball or foul means foul
Don't agree with a lot from you but this is spot on. 

Yeah but how long is that gonna take, 6 errant calls? I've gotten six extra possessions at that point, I came out on top of that exchange.
a punch in the face to 6 possessions in a pick up game?! naw man you lost in that exchange

What soft *** places are yall from that you play continuation in pick up?

Y'all ****** really calling And one...scoring...and getting the ball back? Where the **** they do that at?

No, you don't get the ball back if you score. Play continues. You only get the ball back if you say "and 1" and miss.

I kinda wish dudes would enforce shooting the freethrow.... :lol: that's why guys get to the NCAA and NBA missing freethrows. That facet of the game is completely written off on the playground

*edit*

Avi check

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom