The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
people that dribble at the top of the key for 30 seconds and run me through 6 screens before even trying to make a move to the basket are the worst

if you need more than one screen to get a shot off in a pickup game you should have stayed at home 

sometimes i wont call a soft foul and have the dude stop play to ask if i was a foul

and even though it would be nice to get the ball back i'll say it wasnt a foul to make him feel soft 

yea sometimes, if it doesnt mess up my dribble or what i'm trying to do, I wont call ****. in fact, i got all this damn muscle, i rarely call foul, unless the **** is just too rough or throws me off too much. i'll usually just say, good foul b lol and keep playing

we were playing once and some dude trying to take a charge in a 5 on 5 pickup game , didnt give it to him and he left home during the game,..... 

I'm really baffled how you can play without continuation
laugh.gif
I'm baffled by how you do. 

How would you call continuation with no ref? Of course the ball handler is gonna say it was in the process every single time.

I've been in games where people call illegal screens and offensive fouls. It makes the entire game unbearable.
and they actually got the ball for calling an offensive foul? i'm no quitter but I would've started gathering my stuff. 

laugh.gif

How would you call continuation with no ref? Of course the ball handler is gonna say it was in the process every single time.

I've been in games where people call illegal screens and offensive fouls. It makes the entire game unbearable.
and they actually got the ball for calling an offensive foul? i'm no quitter but I would've started gathering my stuff. 
They sit there and hold up the game with their whining to the point where they get the ball because people just wanna play. Its the worst

I'm really baffled how you can play without continuation :lol:

You dont need a ref :lol:

You just need common sense

If the defender jumps and fouls into the shooter and the shooter is strong and finishes, point counts

yall play first game 15, every game after 11? We just play straight up, no win by 2. used to do that, but game would go on forever. We used to have a clock, and every game was limited to 11 minutes. We had maaaaaad people waiting to get on the court. The good ol days. Kept the game competitive and intense as hell. No clock anymore. Games can go 20-25 minutes sometimes smh.

16 and 12 down here, straight by 1 except the last game. Clock and list (for downboard) wouldn't get enforced until the first game where ****** is arguing all day and it takes an hour. Kats cheat on the downboard too though, just make up a name and have someone claim it when it comes up or pick up their boy to take that name's spot. It all depends on who is there and what gym has the kats working there who care enough and aren't scared enough to come put everyone in line about ****. Them teenagers who work there aren't going to say or do anything. When Otis there, everyone pulls their pants up, no cussing, he'll get you right or ban a mug from all the gyms.

As for offensive fouls and illegal screens, usually at worst someone will "call" it just to stop ball and bring attention to it and let ****** know cut it out, but still give them the ball back. Same with someone being too elbowsy in the post. It's like, "hold ball hold ball, yo watch them elbows *****! that's the second time I ain't gon' tell you again!" Generally nothing happens but still

people that dribble at the top of the key for 30 seconds and run me through 6 screens before even trying to make a move to the basket are the worst

if you need more than one screen to get a shot off in a pickup game you should have stayed at home 

not if teams really play defense. cats were running zone yesterday lmaooo on my mama. When you hoop with regular college hoopers, ex nba or euro cats, you'll see some serious defense, when multiple picks are necessary. These dudes out here playing for 10-days lol

He should just dunk it from the free throw line. It would count. Only stipulation is he can't back up beyond the top circle, but he could jump from there off 1 step and finger roll it at least.

Last edited:

laugh.gif

You dont need a ref
laugh.gif

If the defender jumps and fouls into the shooter and the shooter is strong and finishes, point counts
and they get the ball back?

Just catching up on the "And1" conversation. Yall got some goofy *** pickup game rules outside of Cali :lol:

"Ball" means foul? Wtf

If you yell and1 (which to me just happens out of habbit) then you get the ball back if the shot misses. Everyone just stops play and knows you meant you were fouled

not if teams really play defense. cats were running zone yesterday lmaooo on my mama. When you hoop with regular college hoopers, ex nba or euro cats, you'll see some serious defense, when multiple picks are necessary. These dudes out here playing for 10-days lol
but like im out here slowly walking around screens and dude still standing there dribbling and calling more screens 
laugh.gif

canada doesnt have any ex nba/college hoopers 
tired.gif

yall play first game 15, every game after 11? We just play straight up, no win by 2. used to do that, but game would go on forever. We used to have a clock, and every game was limited to 11 minutes. We had maaaaaad people waiting to get on the court. The good ol days. Kept the game competitive and intense as hell. No clock anymore. Games can go 20-25 minutes sometimes smh.

16 and 12 down here, straight by 1 except the last game. Clock and list (for downboard) wouldn't get enforced until the first game where ****** is arguing all day and it takes an hour. Kats cheat on the downboard too though, just make up a name and have someone claim it when it comes up or pick up their boy to take that name's spot. It all depends on who is there and what gym has the kats working there who care enough and aren't scared enough to come put everyone in line about ****. Them teenagers who work there aren't going to say or do anything. When Otis there, everyone pulls their pants up, no cussing, he'll get you right or ban a mug from all the gyms.

As for offensive fouls and illegal screens, usually at worst someone will "call" it just to stop ball and bring attention to it and let ****** know cut it out, but still give them the ball back. Same with someone being too elbowsy in the post. It's like, "hold ball hold ball, yo watch them elbows *****! that's the second time I ain't gon' tell you again!" Generally nothing happens but still

this. all of this. we had a list too and cats claiming random names or slipping names inbetween cracks in other names. smh.

and yea you just call the **** to ring attention to it. Just letting you know I see what you're doing. but i'm not saying its a turnover.

first 15. every game after is 12. no win by 2. 3s are worth 2. 

went to the gym and played with my cousins the last time all of us were together. youngest cousin was 17, oldest was 37. played 5 games, took about hours. knew I was old then. 

No you dont get the ball back after you make it, only if the shooter missed

The only time you really get in trouble is if you wait to see the shot result before calling foul

no no no, and-1 doesnt mean point and the ball. its really just a statement meaning i got foul and i think i'm going to score. if i miss its just a foul and i get the ball back. if i score, point goes and its your ball.

Jonathan Givony @DraftExpress
New salary cap projections sent out to NBA teams: 2015-16: 67.1 million, tax 81.6, 2016-17: 89 million, tax 108. 2017-18: 108, 127 tax
eek.gif

career earnings for young stars are gonna be through the roof. Wiggins go make half a bill.

the worst part about pickup games is that one guy who yells at his team for not playing defense & not passing but consistently ballhogs :smh: :smh:

What you guys think about calling Out of Bounds in pickup? This one douche i used to play with would always run out of bounds in the corners to shoot 3s when he was guarded. It was prety egregious and basically cheating because he would be D'd up in the corner then step back a few feet (hed be a full foot and a half out of bounds)to gain space and launch a 3.

Last edited:
first game to 15. every game after to 13. everything 1, gotta  win by 2 ... have had some super long games before aswell ....

the dudes who say , relax " its just a game " ., when they  are consistently doing dumb ish on the court. those dudes  are annoying ... 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom