The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brooks deserves a LOT of the blame for their losses.

This is the same clown who insisted on keeping Kendrick Perkins in the rotation. The same guy who gave the rookies NO burn until they absolutely had to. You cant explain Perry Jones and Jeremy Lamb being bench warmers while you let Dion Waiters jack up shots at a 35% clip. Adjustments? Nope..just hope KD or WB save the game for you.

OKC has been getting by on talent alone. There's no reason after all this time their offense should be such a struggle. Brooks should've been canned a minute ago.

I think it's pretty obvious Kevin Ollie will be their next coach.

Scott Brooks been dead man walking for a while. He got zero credit when they were winning and all the blame when they lost. Whoever the next coach is, is gonna hand picked by KD and Westbrook.
He deserved zero credit. Russ and KD been making up for his ineptitude for too long.

Brooks most egregious crimes in order to me were:

1) Playing perk 20 plus mins per in the finals WITH a torn groin

2) James harden only getting 30mins per as a result of an injury to Eric maynor

3) knowing the bigs he would have to face in the western playoffs last year.. Plus perk sucking and missing 20 plus games and thabeet being our only other center.. Essentially benching Adams until he had no other choice

4) waiting until the final game of the series vs the mavs to try playing maynor and Westbrook in the back court together vs Kidd and Jason terry

5) his retirement packages for vets (perk, fisher and butler.. See waiters getting mins no matter what this season WITH morrow playing great the 2nd half of the season)

@a-friend

broooooo scotty finally got beamed up. Who do you think the next coach will be? plz lord not mark jackson.

gentry..? Thibs? Dantoni?
I'd take any 4 of those guys over Ollie.

I'm SO okay with missing the Playoffs now. It's easy to see Brooks with a job in OKC if they made it. Stoked regardless, godspeed to Brooks though.

Last edited:
Good riddance.

a658c5ea6b12cd1022ca1442d51b8802.gif

Just to be clear I'm not a Scott Brooks fan at all. :lol: I just don't think that he was THAT bad. OKC has had some bad luck with injuries, he can't control that. I never heard KD and Westbrook talk bad about him and in the NBA players don't hesitate to get coaches fired. If the front office had kept Harden they might have a ring by now. People talk about Brooks like he shouldn't even to in the league. I think he's one of those coaches that's somewhere in the middle. Not great, not terrible. Him sticking with Perkins was blatant though. :lol:

Something about 2-3 time hire coaches doesn't sit well with me.

Me either but he's only been hired and fired once...and it's not like he got fired because his team sucked. He had that squad on the verge of doing great things as we see this year.

I always prefer an up and coming assistant rather than I guy that's been hired and fired several times. Alvin Gentry has proven time and again he's a really good Assistant Coach and an average head coach. I understand talking to Ollie but I'm still not convinced he's a great coach even with a national title on his resume

One of the big criticisms of Brooks was lack of offensive creativity, and you want to bring in Mark Jackson and his iso post-up offense from 1994? In the 3 years he was in Golden State he failed to put up a top 10 offense each year. With Steph Curry and Klay Thompson. They brought in Kerr and Gentry and immediately had one of the best offenses in the league with almost the same roster.

Last edited:
Me either but he's only been hired and fired once...and it's not like he got fired because his team sucked. He had that squad on the verge of doing great things as we see this year.

I always prefer an up and coming assistant rather than I guy that's been hired and fired several times. Alvin Gentry has proven time and again he's a really good Assistant Coach and an average head coach. I understand talking to Ollie but I'm still not convinced he's a great coach even with a national title on his resume

I absolutely agree with the second half of this. As for mark Jackson, I'm not calling him bad because what you said was right and I do think he was fired (possibly) prematurely, but he's also nothing that blows me away.

It had to take injuries in the playoffs for Mark Jackson to make moves like go small in 2013 or start Draymond in 2014. It took Steve Kerr one training camp.

David Lee being hurt to start the year helped too. Mark also didn't have offensive guru Alvin Gentry. You put Mark with say MDA as his OC, 72-10 will be in jeopardy.

That's one of his flaws, and along with other stuff cost him his job, don't think he'll make that mistake again.

Hell they won 60 with Scotty just rolling the balls out there. Mark has already proven to be a good defensive coach. All OKC needs is structure offensively and good health.

That and getting along with the front office is a pretty big flaw :lol:

One that's easily correctable. Getting along with the good ol boys network which seemed more like the reason he was let go is on that ownership.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom