The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawks also incorporating lime green into the logo 
sick.gif
Hawks getting a green alternate like they use to have back in the day?

Jeff Van Gundy a leading Pelicans candidate? :nerd:

Least it would get him off air, which is a win for all. :lol:

Last edited:

SAS just went IN on Buss on Sportscenter :rofl:

Get Buss the hell out man

No need to. He's not the problem.

Buss is MOST DEF the problem! From Magic Johnson to the Lakers custodian to the causal fan can see it.

Then get ready to fire Mitch Kupchak as well because if Jim Buss is the problem, then Mitch Kupchak is just as much of a problem.

But what truly has Jim Buss done wrong while working together with Mitch?

Mike Brown was a better choice than Brian Shaw. And that is immensely clear after Brian Shaw took a playoff team to a rec center team, and every single player quit on him.
Nash trade? Most people would make that trade, perhaps they trade 1 first round pick instead of 2? But they still make that trade (sans CP). It was a move to capitalize on Kobe's closing window and try to get 1 more ring after 2 decades of 0 PG play
Dwight trade??? They gave up essentially nothing for him. They traded Bynum for the Best Center in the league right before Bynum went 100 to 0 real quick.
Mike D'Antoni???? Blame Dr. Buss for that, because it was his decision and his vision of bringing back the Showtime Lakers that was the reason Dr. Buss, and not Jim Buss hired Mike D'Antoni.

Julius Randle was a great pick considering the picks made around him (Nik Stauskas anyone?)
Add in Jordan Clarkson who was a steal at 46.
Tarik Black picked up on the waiver wire, and then played amazingly well.
Team has gotten great value of second round picks in multiple years this decade.

Soooooo go somewhere with Jim Buss is the problem.

The Lakers were a team with 3 decades of amazing karma that just happened to run out. What happened to the Lakers was years in the making, and was coming for them even before Jim Buss took over.

Actually read news articles as opposed to what Stephen A., Magic Johnson, and Jeanie Buss who is way over her head when it comes to anything basketball tells you.

By the way here's Jeanie Buss, the architect of the Kobe extension, and her defense of it.
“Too much attention is being paid to salary cap and all that kind of stuff, which is important and the rules we have to operate in, but can’t we just talk about the players and the team and how a basketball team comes together and not focus on slotting and cap space?” she said. “That stuff to me is…I don’t wear a hat and T-shirt with ‘Cap Space’ on it. It just doesn’t seem like a warm, cuddly thing.”

Last edited:
Then get ready to fire Mitch Kupchak as well because if Jim Buss is the problem, then Mitch Kupchak is just as much of a problem.

Mike Brown was a better choice than Brian Shaw. And that is immensely clear after Brian Shaw took a playoff team to a rec center team, and every single player quit on him.
Nash trade? Most people would make it that trade, perhaps they trade 1 first round pick instead of 2? But they still make that trade (sans CP). It was a move to capitalize on Kobe's closing window and try to get 1 more ring after 2 decades of 0 PG play
Dwight trade??? They gave up essentially nothing for him. They traded Bynum for the Best Center in the league right before Bynum went 100 to 0 real quick.
Mike D'Antoni???? Blame Dr. Buss for that, because it was his decision and his vision of bringing back the Showtime Lakers that was the reason Dr. Buss, and not Jim Buss hired Mike D'Antoni.

Julius Randle was a great pick considering the picks made around him (Nik Stauskas anyone?)
Team has gotten great value of second round picks in multiple years this decade.

The Lakers were a team with 3 decades of amazing karma that just happened to run out. What happened to the Lakers was years in the making, and was coming for them even before Jim Buss took over.

Actually read news articles as opposed to what Stephen A., Magic Johnson, and Jeanie Buss who is way over her head when it comes to anything basketball tells you.

By the way here's Jeanie Buss, the architect of the Kobe extension, and her defense of it.
It's difficult to to differentiate which moves were done exactly by whom. I'm going to assume all of the draft choices were all Mitch, unless there's evidence proving otherwise

Those trades had to be made at the time, I don't think anyone criticizes them regardless of who masterminded them

The coaching moves, I put the blame on Buss squarely. First of all, Mike Brown followed by D'antoni? This isn't even revisionist history, but what the heck were they thinking on both of those moves? I know I wasn't the only one laughing from day 1 on both moves. Add to the fact that Buss dragged Phil through the mud.. his logic was "put Nash with a coach that suits his style" yet their roster resembled NOTHING of the Phoenix Suns. He didn't think that would be an issue? He didn't already know that Nash was having back issues in Phoenix?

Who's bright idea was it for Byron Scott? If that was Mitch, he deserves flack. You honestly couldn't script it better than Brown, D'antoni, Scott. From day 1, all three choices were hilariously bad

With all of the instability of the coaching situation, I believe that prohibited a real cohesive system/vision/core/identity

Jeanie is not immune from criticism either

Hopefully Buss stays true to his word and steps down after 3 years and if he takes his sister with him nobody will shed a tear

At some point over the next few weeks, perhaps longer, but almost certainly at some point, the Chicago Bulls are going to strike a deal with another NBA franchise that frees Tom Thibodeau to coach elsewhere. Or, more likely, Chicago's front office will realize nobody is going to compensate them for the right to hire their coach, at which point they'll essentially fire their coach (because they hate him) and Thibodeau will be freed to work elsewhere.
But, at this moment, according to what multiple sources have told CBSSports.com, Tom Thibodeau will likely be replaced by Fred Hoiberg as Chicago's head coach, and this reality has Iowa State fans feeling some type of way.
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...is-handling-bulls-hoiberg-situation-perfectly

Last edited:

Nash trade? Most people would make it that trade, perhaps they trade 1 first round pick instead of 2? But they still make that trade (sans CP). It was a move to capitalize on Kobe's closing window and try to get 1 more ring after 2 decades of 0 PG play

It's difficult to to differentiate which moves were done exactly by whom. I'm going to assume all of the draft choices were all Mitch, unless there's evidence proving otherwise

Those trades had to be made at the time, I don't think anyone criticizes them regardless of who masterminded them

The coaching moves, I put the blame on Buss squarely. First of all, Mike Brown followed by D'antoni? This isn't even revisionist history, but what the heck were they thinking on both of those moves? I know I wasn't the only one laughing from day 1 on both moves. Add to the fact that Buss dragged Phil through the mud.. his logic was "put Nash with a coach that suits his style" yet their roster resembled NOTHING of the Phoenix Suns. He didn't think that would be an issue? He didn't already know that Nash was having back issues in Phoenix?

Who's bright idea was it for Byron Scott? If that was Mitch, he deserves flack. You honestly couldn't script it better than Brown, D'antoni, Scott. From day 1, all three choices were hilariously bad

With all of the instability of the coaching situation, I believe that prohibited a real cohesive system/vision/core/identity

Jeanie is not immune from criticism either

Hopefully Buss stays true to his word and steps down after 3 years and if he takes his sister with him nobody will shed a tear
Even Jim Buss, himself, has stated that he knows his tenure as Lakers owner has been subpar to piss poor, he he said he would step down as owner if they continue to fail.

Second, I put no blame on Mitch Kupchak. He has orchestrated trades for Trevor Ariza, Pau Gasol, Steve Nash, Dwight Howard, and "the Shaq trade" and signed Ron Artest, (all under Dr. Buss), which kept us contenders almost every year, however now Jim Buss is owner and things are south, and it's on Mitch Kupchak to blame? The only changing variable I see is who was owner during the times.

Third, the notion of 3 decades of karma is LAUGHABLE. The Cavs, Clippers, and any other SPORTS franchise would kill for karma that delivers 8 champions in that time span. That's not karma, that great management. 

Yes Randle is a good pick, well take it that we haven't had a 1 rounder since '09 and we have only since like 13 mins of Randle this season, so in ways him coming back is nothing but a plus.

Lastly, D'Antoni over Phil was all on Dr. Buss, but to say Mike Brown over Brian Shaw was a better choice is far from true. Shaw inherited a young, immature Nuggets team. I'm not saying he would have been more successful than Brown, but I felt offense execution would have been better, and the triangle could have been ran at some degree, which would have benefited Dwight and Nash.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom