The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
CP would you rather have Kobe's 25 mill free this year or next? Feel like it may have helped you guys in the long run since you won't be able to squander it on a second tier free agent.

Last edited:
I get their BS "loyalty services" contract, but tying up 48 mil over two years is putrid.

Yes, it might help lure a FA with the "we'll take care of you"

Well, we didn't take care of Fish. Didn't take care of Phil. Didn't take care of Pau.

Or Bynum

Ariza......

Just Kobe. So yeah, come here free agents, win 5 titles for us, THEN we'll take care of you.

While Byron Scott coaches you. :lol:

22-23 mil right now is nice. 33-35 would be nicer.

*shrugs*

And do not think for one second I've forgotten they threw 97 million at Melo and were lucky he turned it down.

Clarkson is nice, Ed Davis is nice, Randle might be, but we have this #2 pick and a second chance at properly rebuilding because Melo said no.

I'd slow down on the Buss and Mitch got it together hype train.

Lakers traded Nemanja Nedovic Alex Oriakhi johnny obryant and 2016 1st for steve nash

Traded pau for chris paul (this cannot be ignored)

Got a 1st rounder with the jeremy lin deal

If the money doesn't go to kobe it gets tied up in someone like Isiah thomas and the lakers have less cap space next summer when it really matters (basic bookkeeping)

Nick young sucked this year but was injured and can still prove his worth

I bet miami gave up more for dragic than la did for dwight. He bounced but so be it and the franchise is better off in the long run. Alternative was andrew bynum

Last edited:
I don't think there's any size train saying Buss and Mitch got it together 

toy-train-16120676.jpg

Last edited:
Not really, dude had multiple chances, he's 7'1 with all the skills but none of the mental make up.

Some people just get complacent after making that one big payday. Dude made 73 million of basically 1 1/2 good years. His heart clearly wasn't in it. I have no sympathy for guys like him. 

If his heart wasn't in it and he's okay with that, and he's made that much $, it's not a shame necessarily.

Like, if he wants to play but he's out of the game, then of course it is I'd say. But if he wants to be out because he doesn't like it and was just planning on being in it to make that much $ while he could than dude probably is loving life :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom