The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree they need to score more, VC should help. Home court will be important against those high scoring teams. If they keep the strong start going they should snag a top 4 spot.
He will.

Lee will be back next game or two as well

I dont really get into hoop until Christmas day but I be damn if i miss Inside the NBA.

It's a show by itself.

The Grizz have shown they can cement their imprint on a game against high octane offenses. I have yet to see how they fare against the "new look" Warriors with Kerr, but they have dominated them in the past during the season. I just don't see that changing with the type of defenders we have on the perimeter.

The issue with Houston is that we have Gasol to go up against Dwight and Tony Allen to guard Harden. In a playoff series (where Harden isn't getting all of the calls and seems to struggle), they may not fare well.

Grizz have shown they can beat the Blazers and Clippers as well. The teams we have a tough time against are Dallas and San Antonio. At least those are the teams I don't think we can beat in a series, but a lot depends on what happens to Dallas defense as the season goes. We also don't have an answer for Dirk, which is one of the main reasons why we struggle against them. The Spurs are just too poised, efficient and well coached. Our tactics don't work against them (unless things somehow change this year).

One thing is for certain....I have never seen this type of Marc Gasol in a Grizz uniform. That type of improvement is what will help Memphis go a lot deeper in the playoffs and it was something I wasn't expecting going into the season. Zbo also looks just as good as he did back in 2011. He was putting up double-doubles the last few seasons, but I don't think people understood how inefficient he was and how frustrating it was watching him take up a bunch of possessions with his isolations. This year is a lot different. Conley is Conley and will continue to improve off last year. You already know what Tony Allen going to give you.

The key will be whether Lee, Pondexter or VC can step up during the playoffs. Everyone else on the bench can play at an average level, but one of those guys need to play at a much higher level than expected in order for Memphis to get an NBA Finals appearance. I'm still unsure if I trust the group of wings we have and would be open to making some type of deal to bring in a better one around the deadline. So far, Lee has been playing great basketball...

EARLY, but... 24 PER, 75%TS, 70% from 3, 60% from the field, 16ppg in 3 games. He even had that big game against Phoenix last night after coming off a mild concussion :lol: . Its still really early and my main concern is health. VC already limping around.

Last edited:
It'll be interesting to see how the Kings face off against the Grizz at the end of their road trip next week...

Bhz, I like the Griz team. I'd like to see Vince get more burn over Tayshaun Prince.. why so much love for Tayshaun?

It'll be interesting to see how the Kings face off against the Grizz at the end of their road trip next week...

Rudy vs TA :nerd:

I hate the OKC boys had to go down so early, but it really makes the West even more exciting. I agree that the Spurs are still the favorites, but you just never know at this point considering they never win b2b titles. OKC's set back could still put them in solid playoff positioning and make things harder for a higher seed. Each team in the West playoff picture have teams that give them trouble and all you need is that one bad matchup.

BxqcpnqCQAEqFn0.png

"real plus minus" graphic showcasing last years' Vince

Marc's in a contact year at 30 years old. Busy common sense he's going to try and ball out and get that last big payday.

Bhz, I like the Griz team. I'd like to see Vince get more burn over Tayshaun Prince.. why so much love for Tayshaun?

Prince is out of the rotation right now. He was only playing in those 2 games because Lee was hurt. Plus, Vince is coming off offseason surgery and isn't quite 100%. I think the coach trying to bring him back slowly and not put too many minutes his plate. Right now, the wing rotation is:

Lee / Pondexter
TA / VC

I do think VC will help us out a lot this year. He's already defending better than Miller last season :lol:

And I keep forgetting Calathes is coming bsck from his suspension in about 8 more games. He's suppose to be the primary backup PG.

Last edited:
Lee did return last night didn't he. 

This might be a few teams in the Wests lucky year.

Okc may hit a low seed and knock the Spurs out early.

I don't see Mavs drawing the first round matchup vs them this year and OKC is the only other team I'd say could do it.

Prince is out of the rotation right now. He was only playing in those 2 games because Lee was hurt. Plus, Vince is coming off offseason surgery and isn't quite 100%. I think the coach trying to bring him back slowly and not put too many minutes his plate. Right now, the wing rotation is:

Lee / Pondexter
TA / VC

And I keep forgetting Calathes is coming bsck from his suspension in about 8 more games. He's suppose to be the primary backup PG.

Did Calathes pick up some hair while he was out?

Did Calathes pick up some hair while he was out?

I'm hoping he shaved that **** off. That's the reason why he got suspended too. :lol:

I'm really scared about tonight's game against OKC. Grizz almost NEVER blow teams out and they ALWAYS find a way to lose the games they suppose to win. This is honestly more of a test than any other previois game for them so far. Too many times have I seen this team let up against weaker competition and blow it.

Last edited:
Shaq needs to follow in Magic's footsteps and lay the mic down. He'll have a few good punchlines and low blows but that's it. He's like that one dude in the room that only gets laughs when he's dissing on someone or has something outlandish to say.

Before the season, I was thinking Tyson would get the Mavs back to their elite defense from 2011.

This is similar to a number of people thinking all Schaub needed was a change of scenery and to "get his confidence back", when he clearly will never get back to his old form. Tyson has been a little bit better than a corpse since 2011, and that wasn't suddenly going to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom