The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
dudes really think kobe is gonna retire after this contract :lol: re-up for the max for another two. that new tv deal :nerd: he is gonna get his hands on that
kobe gonna find something to challenge him. might not be chasing a sixth nba chip, but kareems scoring record is still attainable
You best believe if Kobe doesn't think he can get that 6th ring, he will plan on taking down that scoring record.
To me, that's a better goal.

Is Courteny Lee confirmed for tonight?
@bhzmafia14

Last edited:
Dudes are bashing a guy in his 19th year... on one of the worst teams in the League... who just came off of two missed seasons and is still putting up elite scoring numbers.... for what exactly?

Would you rather him not shoot the ball & watch as Lin turns the rock over... Kobe is in L.A at this point to shoot & shoot A LOT, because this team literally has no other real options right now. It would've been easy for him to say he was taking a pay cut and go join another team to win. Instead he took his money and made the LAKERS about 10x that amount by staying there.

I just don't get the enigma of people constantly bringing up how much Kobe shoots... as if it's lead to failure... when in reality he has always played the same kind of ball and has won more than most have in league history? so once again what's the problem?....
hahahahaha.

The team is only this bad, due to the player in question not knowing how to lead a team, period. He does not have a great history of being a team leader, nor a team glue and unity guy. You don't get guys on your side by glaring at them during time outs, then throwing temper tantrums in the locker room. If you want people to play with you and then at your level, shooting as if they cannot play isn't going to lead to much confidence building.
What @Phuzzy Badpheet  said.

Repped.

I personally hope they extend Kobe until 2030.
Who knows? Really seems like there's some Lakers fans who would be perfectly happy watching him launch contested jumpers from his wheelchair.
i mean i would love to see that as long as it doesnt get in the way of our long term goals as a team (which is to win a championship) 

if in 4 years our management has failed and we're still suiting up a bunch of nba rejects in hopes of getting a top pick then kobe can keep shooting as many shots as he wants while ignoring as many jv teammates as possible 

Israel Gutierrez just called out Magic for his tweets on ATH.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I definitely got a chance to watch 4 early MVP candidates play in Harden, Howard, Wade and Bosh!
— Earvin Magic Johnson (@MagicJohnson) November 5, 2014
Kobe should also be in the early MVP talks with LeBron, Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, Anthony Davis, Carmelo, Curry, Thompson and Rose.
Other early MVP candidates are Wall, LaMarcus Aldridge, Tony Parker & Dirk. When Westbrook & Durant get back they will be in the mix also.
Don't ever change Magic

Kobe is not blameless for the Lakers being bad.

Nobody good clearly wants to play with him.

Dwight left. Pau left. There was a free agent bonanza going on this summer and the best acquisition was through the draft - Julius Randle (would've been MVP if he didn't get hurt), so yea.

Last edited:
Lakers are 4-27, but Byron is doing a GREAT job developing the players and playing in his system. Happy Days ahead for the lakers future!

— Earvin Magic Johnson (@MagicJohnson)

Last edited:
Kobe is not blameless for the Lakers being bad.

Nobody good clearly wants to play with him.

Dwight left. Pau left. There was a free agent bonanza going on this summer and the best acquisition was Julius Randle (would've been MVP, ROY and MIP if he didn't get hurt), so yea.

Fixed.

I definitely got a chance to watch 4 early MVP candidates play in Harden, Howard, Wade and Bosh!
Kobe should also be in the early MVP talks with LeBron, Chris Paul, Blake Griffin, Anthony Davis, Carmelo, Curry, Thompson and Rose.
Other early MVP candidates are Wall, LaMarcus Aldridge, Tony Parker & Dirk. When Westbrook & Durant get back they will be in the mix also.
giphy.gif

The Lakers play in LA

i can run point for OKC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom