The 2014-2015 NBA Season Thread. Lock It Up Please: The Golden State Warriors Are The Champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably because he'd be an upgrade over 1/2 the PGs in the league.

He had a horrible stint in Dallas, but he'll be a big draw once FA starts.

IDK. Dallas had Jameer Nelson, Devin Harris, JJ Barea. It's hard to argue he was an upgrade over them. Maybe a better system/coach would fit him better - but he was surrounded by shooters and scorers and the team desperately wanted the relationship to work. Who's giving a guy like that the keys to their offense? Remember he's coming off ACL surgery like a season and a half ago. We may never see old Rondo again.

Read Robert Horry's piece at The Player's Tribune. Funny guy and brutally honest. He should get on grantland or something and tell more stories.

Horry story was legit. Watching him on Time Warner Cable as analyst, I feel like there's no way he wrote that entire thing himself though 
laugh.gif

I only wish he went more in depth about the towel incident and what exactly was going on with Danny Ainge. One of the funniest moments in NBA history IMO

Even though Lakers did him all wrong to end his time in LA, at least they gave him a job post playing career

I feel like Horry really has a strong connection to Houston and the organization though.. I recall seeing him in the tunnel after one of the Rockets' playoff games against either the Clippers or Warriors

Last edited:
just wondering, I haven't been in this thread in awhile, but do clippers' fans not like DJ?

It's not that we don't like him. I'm in favor of re-signing him, but a lot of Clips fans don't think he's worth max money. Because, honestly, the only thing he does great is rebound. He's a good rim protector and maybe a little above average on-ball defender. And aside from catching lobs, his offensive game remains basically non-existent. For those reasons, a lot of Clips fans would be ok with another team maxing out DJ as long as we could get some nice pieces to replace him.

With the Clippers cap situation, they are unable to sign a max player even if DJ were to leave

They can however sign DJ to a max deal

So.... they have no choice really but to sign him

The cap will rise anyway in the near future

No other team should sign him to a max deal though 
laugh.gif

Deandre is a max player, by nba standards. Draymond is getting the max. Heck Parsons got a near Max last year. plus the cap situation, max deal this summer instantly looks better next summer. dont confused max money with being a star or franchise player though

Bucks might be darkhorse for DeAndre jordan. God do I hope so

I think we end up with Tyson Chandler which is what I prefer. We get the rim protector and the veteran without throwing around a ton of money. Bucks need to chill, be patient, and not **** this up with a stupid contract now that things are finally looking good again. Signing Lopez to a max or close to it would be a great way to **** it up. As filthy as DeAndre would be on the Bucks defensively, Gasol is the only guy id throw a max at and he's not going anywhere.

Last edited:
@WojYahooNBA: Spurs assistant Jim Boylen has accepted Associate Head Coach job with Chicago Bulls, league source tells Yahoo.

I agree w you Jay I do not want lopez on the bucks. Would much rather have chandler. I'd prefer jordan over all of them but still hearing hibbert name who I do not want either. Whoever the big man is for milwaukee he has to run the floor half decent

nerd.gif
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif
mean.gif

Damage is done.  Why coulnd't he have lifted it sooner?
Still happy to have that ish lifted

Last edited:
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA 1m1 minute ago
Sources: Philadelphia's Joel Embiid, who lost rookie year to injury, has setback on left foot healing, must sit out thru further evaluation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom